DD-WRT v24sp2 and chromecast

Dexter_prog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 21:02    Post subject: DD-WRT v24sp2 and chromecast Reply with quote
Hello there. I have a TP-link WR941ND and I've been using dd-wrt for a while without issues. After recently encountering some streaming issues with Plex on my smart tv I changed some options I can't quite remember (yeah, I know, sorry). I think I only changed the channel width to turbo (40 mhz)and network mode to mixed. I tried fiddling with these to see if chromcast streaming worked better and it didn't change a thing.

Since I barely use my chromecast (connected to my bedroom's TV) I hadn't noticed that now streaming on that TV works terrible, on very low quality. I've been searching for hours on the internet and forums, tried QOS and DMZ, even tried the chromecast in the smart tv (which is 1.5 meters away from the router) and it still streams terribly, which leads me to believe this is not a wifi signal problem, but a configuration issue with dd-wrt

Can anyone lead me to where the problem might be?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: