Support for TP-Link Archer C8 and Huawei E5786

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
jmfolcik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: it lasted 12 days without a reboot and tonight the 5ghz disappeared from the web management and routing stopped working too (lan to wifi, both bands) was still fine. Pulled it and swapped back to the TL-WR841N v9. Plan to wait 6 months and try again with a newer firmware later. Seems either the drivers or hw involved is just not quite reliable yet with these Broadcom based systems compared to Atheros.
Sponsor
jrbski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:19    Post subject: BS36006 Reply with quote
I upgraded to BS r36006 tonight from r35531. Easy upgrade, and is looking pretty good so far. No longer seeing spikes on bandwidth monitoring page.
fotosdobrasil.fot.br
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dd- WRT v3.0-r36410 std 07/28/18

The 5ghz wifi interface is not connected to the internal sw.

Several versions tested
Same bug in all versions.

Any suggestions?
the_dog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand that we can't revert to stock using a .bin through the web interface but is there any other way to do so using TFTP or Serial connection?

I just tried to upload every stock firmware available on TP-Link site for the C8v1 using TFTP and it just reboots without actually installing it.

I thought we didn't need to remove the bootloader from the stock firmware when using TFTP? Why is it failing then?

Did dd-wrt overwrite some other part of the memory that prevent reverting to stock? The installed dd-wrt firmware on my device is 29059, is there a log file somewhere that can help me diagnose what is going on?

Thanks!
szewcu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 17:18    Post subject: Samba server Reply with quote
I switched my Archer C8 v1 to DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/18') because OEM FW sometimes was loosing USB drive connection.

But on dd-wrt I can't start samba at all, anything I'm selecting in NAS tab I can't save or apply, no matter what I'm doing bottom buttons are inactive.

USB tab shows drive mounted in /tmp/mnt/sda1

Can somebody help?

I realize after flashing dd-wrt that there is no return... Sad

USB.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.23 KB
 Viewed:  7145 Time(s)

USB.png

NAS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.13 KB
 Viewed:  7145 Time(s)

NAS.png

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 18:20    Post subject: Re: Samba server Reply with quote
szewcu wrote:
I switched my Archer C8 v1 to DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/18') because OEM FW sometimes was loosing USB drive connection.

But on dd-wrt I can't start samba at all, anything I'm selecting in NAS tab I can't save or apply, no matter what I'm doing bottom buttons are inactive.

USB tab shows drive mounted in /tmp/mnt/sda1

Can somebody help?

I realize after flashing dd-wrt that there is no return... Sad

May want to try a newer build:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/10-19-2018-r37442/tplink_archer-c8v1/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/11-03-2018-r37582/tplink_archer-c8v1/

Not sure if the NAS page was completely fixed in r37442, though.
szewcu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 23:14    Post subject: Firmware upgrade Reply with quote
Thanks for hint, I downloaded new firmware and tryied to flash but neither archer-c8-webflash.bin nor factory-to-ddwrt.bin was finish with success Sad

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I'm flashing from Firmware Management tab selecting fresh FW to upgrade, waiting 300s and much more till page claims upgrade failed...

And after power reset I can connect to router again but looks like I stucked with r37305 from 10.10.2018 firmware.

Please take a look and tell me how can flash to newest FW.

Screenshot_7.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.59 KB
 Viewed:  7129 Time(s)

Screenshot_7.png

deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
''flash but neither archer-c8-webflash.bin nor factory-to-ddwrt.bin was finish with success Sad ''
How can you know for sure that your router flashed?? base on your think or base on your opinion?

Base on your describe then you may flash cross over another version like c8 v2 or may c9v1 ...etc... but things are there is no partition table that fw "does not know how flash to locations but return to old version fw".

Not thing you can do but used what it offers to you?

or you can leaning to fix.......by enable telnet.

if you used mac then on terminal :
telnet 192.......ip of router.
from that you can check what going ......and alot info out there.
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
''flash but neither archer-c8-webflash.bin nor factory-to-ddwrt.bin was finish with success Sad ''
How can you know for sure that your router flashed?? base on your think or base on your opinion?

Base on your describe then you may flash cross over another version like c8 v2 or may c9v1 ...etc... but things are there is no partition table that fw "does not know how flash to locations but return to old version fw".

Not thing you can do but used what it offers to you?

or you can leaning to fix.......by enable telnet.

if you used mac then on terminal :
telnet 192.......ip of router.

Note: base on your usb details there no supportted for FAT32 over 500GiB.
**need format and create 2 or 3 partitions which each one is around 100 or 200GiB.
** Or need format as NTFS or extFAT which router support to... and no need to upgrade.
from that you can check what going ......and alot info out there.

Hope it can help.
szewcu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49    Post subject: OEM return Reply with quote
Ok, thanks I will look on telnet terminal.

In the meantime is any chance to back OEM FW?
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13    Post subject: Re: OEM return Reply with quote
szewcu wrote:
Ok, thanks I will look on telnet terminal.

In the meantime is any chance to back OEM FW?

There are many chance to back OEM FW. if you have back fw up???
Or ask someone if any..... mtd2 (product partition ) and mtd3 (radio pattion) tplink back up.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you have problems with flashing try using another browser, I use old Internet Explorer, clear browser cache.
Also do not Reset to defaults that causes my old routers to hang when upgrading, I reset to defaults afterwards

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
szewcu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 0:21    Post subject: Firmware upgrade Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for hints, I was finally able to flash my Archer C8 using telnet with Method 3: Flashing with Command Line from this link https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Now Samba is working and I'm able to share my drive through network.

Unfortunatelly strange thing happened to my laptop wifi connection and now wifi speed shows 866Mb/s but in reality laptop connection is limited to 32Mb/s download no matter internet/samba storage....

At the same time using Android smartphone I'm able to have full speed connection.

I never set anything to shape bandwith for my network devices.

Additionally upload is not limited for that laptop, I looked for dd-wrt settings but I was not able to find explanation.

Any hints in this topic?
szewcu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 22:21    Post subject: slow transfer Reply with quote
Sorry for previous question regarding slow transfer to laptop, that was just waiting Windows update, afer restart and update installation everything is ok.
rockwall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22    Post subject: How to install dd wrt Reply with quote
Hello, I own a Archer C8 v2 and am having trouble installing a custom firmware. I have tried many different version including the official one from 2016 but every time I try it keep giving me firmware error (with no error code). I have version 4.0.0 Build 20160520 Rel. 62091 (last official update from TPlink).
Also tried my luck with TFTP, but can't seem to get any ping higher then 64.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: