WRT3200ACM Stability Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
creizlein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:00    Post subject: WRT3200ACM Stability Issues Reply with quote
I bought a Linksys WRT3200ACM about a month ago and installed the latest beta version, and configured it properly, everything runs fine so far, but I am experiencing some random hangs specially on the Wireless interfaces.

Basically what happens is that the Wireless connection hangs/freezes and you have to wait 30-60 secs or even disconnect/connect again and it comes back to live.

It seems a bit hard for me to debug, I have noticed that during those freezes even the web interface freeze as well, but it never freeze the ssh session.
The WAN interface does not drop or reconnects, its steady and stable and the wired ports seems to not have this issue, but from time to time it also happens to them, just a lot less frequent.

I am currently running version v3.0-r35831 std (04/26/1Cool and I am starting this thread to see if there is anything i can help with on debugging these issues and making it more stable.

One strange behavior i have noticed is that when i reboot the router the pppd daemon crashes A LOT, and from the logs i can see it takes about 10/15 restarts to finally keep alive and connect (using PPPoE connection).

Please advice on which logs or things I can monitor or how i can debug it further to narrow the problem?

I am currently running 3 Wireless configurations, one fixed for 5Ghz, another for 2.4Ghz and a Guest, so far the problem seems persistent across all 3 interfaces.

Any other information required please do let me know? Hope i can help
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Folks are reporting good results with latest build, 5/7 r35898. Before working too hard on a back rev give the current one a try.

Also, if you have not read the 2 stickies at the top or the links in my sig. They are the same.

There are really only 2 radios in this router that are meant to be used for wireless clients. The 3rd is a radio incorporated to look for radar activity, DFS.

If you question the statement about only 2 radios usable as others have. Read this review.
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33030-linksys-wrt3200acm-ac3200-mu-mimo-gigabit-wi-fi-router-reviewed

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
creizlein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
Folks are reporting good results with latest build, 5/7 r35898. Before working too hard on a back rev give the current one a try.

Thank you very much,I will do that, I will most likely update tonight and let the thread know about the result.

myersw wrote:

Also, if you have not read the 2 stickies at the top or the links in my sig. They are the same.

There are really only 2 radios in this router that are meant to be used for wireless clients. The 3rd is a radio incorporated to look for radar activity, DFS.

I did read those, they were super helpful indeed, and I should correct myself, I am only using 2 radios as you mention, the Gust one is not tied to the 3rd radio but instead a vlan inside the first radio, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: