Netgear R6250 with USB551L not connecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
LoquaciousCattywampus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 16:23    Post subject: Netgear R6250 with USB551L not connecting Reply with quote
Hello. I picked up a Netgear R6250 and put DD-WRT build r27944 on it. Flashed according to the guidelines, reset settings and all that, and the router works fine, but the Novatel USB551L LTE modem I wanted to use with it doesn't connect, in either LTE or 3G mode. The wiki says this modem is fully supported.

The router is set to mobile broadband connection type, and recognizes the device according to dmesg and shows up in the status page (albeit only in 3G mode.) The connect button does nothing there. I've tried settings from other posts and forums without success.

Signal is fine. I can connect to LTE without any problems with another router in the same location.

Some guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Builds 27944 and 28015 are buggy for Broadcom. You should first update to latest build, with fixed Broadcom drivers, 28054: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=286926
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 19:26    Post subject: Re: Netgear R6250 with USB551L not connecting Reply with quote
LoquaciousCattywampus wrote:
Hello. I picked up a Netgear R6250 and put DD-WRT build r27944 on it. Flashed according to the guidelines, reset settings and all that, and the router works fine, but the Novatel USB551L LTE modem I wanted to use with it doesn't connect, in either LTE or 3G mode. The wiki says this modem is fully supported.

The router is set to mobile broadband connection type, and recognizes the device according to dmesg and shows up in the status page (albeit only in 3G mode.) The connect button does nothing there. I've tried settings from other posts and forums without success.

Signal is fine. I can connect to LTE without any problems with another router in the same location.

Some guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. Smile

Try one of these:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

and let me know if it works. I know that last pppd update broke mobile broadband for some builds, last time I checked my broadcom arm build still had it working, but my other builds were also affected.

It is on my todo list to fix this again.
LoquaciousCattywampus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:48    Post subject: Re: Netgear R6250 with USB551L not connecting Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Try one of these:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

*Snip*

I tried the build there for the R6250 (build 28000?) and was able to get a WAN IP for a short while, however nothing was on the internet was reachable and it kept losing the address.

Pinging an internet IP led to replies from the WAN IP, which is probably the fault of the carrier's NAT.

Nothing too obvious in the syslogs during all this, but let me know if there's anything I can provide.

ETA: I will try the other build mentioned, 28054, later on when I have more time to mess with this. :)
hackler756
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
same issue here with R7000 and Huawei 3G Modem.

either modem is not detected or ppp can't connect

standard builds stopped working after r28139
current build r28493 is still broken ...
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4963

Kong's Build: DD-WRT v3.0-r28500M kongac (12/15/15)
works for my config ...

Thanks Kong!
hackler756
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
current builds from Kong 04-Feb-2016 and Beta r29085 are both broken with broadband modems.

with the mentioned builds, I can't query the modem with comgt. My guess - usb modeswitch doesn't work.
hackler756
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
if the modem detection / usb_modeswitch works you should be fine with r33679

confirmed working R7000 and Huawei E372 with r33679

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/11-04-2017-r33679/

later releases do not work - iptables issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: