YaMon 3.4.4 stops logging hourly data.

MattM1121
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 14:49    Post subject: YaMon 3.4.4 stops logging hourly data. Reply with quote
Greetings,

I've set up YaMon on:

Router: Linksys WRT 1900ACv2
Firmware: DD-WRT 6.30.97 (r350376) std

I've been using it since 5/1. I'm finding that for some reason YaMon just stops logging data. I have to Putty in and restart the application.

As an example for today (5/8/2018) I have data for 6AM, but by 8AM the 7AM data was blank. I restarted YaMon and by 8AM started getting hourly data again. Of course 7AM shows no data.

I noticed this happening on 5/7 when all the AM data was blank after 12AM. I restarted around 5PM on 5/7 and it started logging again.

Any known issue for this? Is there a way to get alerts when YamMon stops logging?

I really like this YaMon and really want to use it.

Thanks,

-Matt
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:05    Post subject: Re: YaMon 3.4.4 stops logging hourly data. Reply with quote
MattM1121 wrote:
Greetings,

I've set up YaMon on:

Router: Linksys WRT 1900ACv2
Firmware: DD-WRT 6.30.97 (r350376) std

I've been using it since 5/1. I'm finding that for some reason YaMon just stops logging data. I have to Putty in and restart the application.

As an example for today (5/8/2018) I have data for 6AM, but by 8AM the 7AM data was blank. I restarted YaMon and by 8AM started getting hourly data again. Of course 7AM shows no data.

I noticed this happening on 5/7 when all the AM data was blank after 12AM. I restarted around 5PM on 5/7 and it started logging again.

Any known issue for this? Is there a way to get alerts when YamMon stops logging?

I really like this YaMon and really want to use it.

Thanks,

-Matt

Matt - you are one of a couple of users who seems to be having this problem... I'm stumped by it ATM (I have never had this occur on my routers). I'm thinking it might be an iptables issue.

Can you open your config.file and set logLevel=0 (or perhaps -1). Then, when things get to a bad state, open a PuTTY window and run

1. iptables -L -vnx | grep -i yamon
2. iptables -L YAMON34v4 -vnx

And send the logs, screenshots and whatever you think might be useful to questions@usage-monitoring.com

Thanks!

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: