Internet Perfomance

dicko72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:08    Post subject: Internet Perfomance Reply with quote
Folks,

I have an internet performance issue (speedtest.net) when I go through my WNDR3700 in client mode using 2.4ghz on a R7000 connected by wire as a switch.

If I connect directly to the 4G modem's wifi I get almost consistently >8Mbps down (on a 10Mbps service).

When I connect using the the WNDR3700 5ghz or the R7000 5ghz its not AS good but it is almost the same speed as going direct to the modem AP.

So the issue seems to be 2.4ghz on the R7000 I think.
I'll try a VAP on the WNDR3700 too.

Where do I start, besides providing more info Wink

Thanks again
Sponsor
dicko72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol... Agreed terrible explanation.

I've done some more testing to narrow down the issue.

When I connect over wifi on 5ghz to my WNDR3700 (configured in client mode using 2.4ghz) the internet download performance is almost the service bandwidth of 10mbps.

However when I connect to my R7000 on 2.4ghz which is hard wired to the WNDR3700 in router mode the performance is intermittent ranging from less than 1mbps to max of 5mbps.

R7000 5ghz is around 8mbps most of the time. I need to increase the performance of 2.4ghz to at least the same throughput add the 5ghz for internet.

Hope this is a little clearer!
dicko72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
A did a factory reset on the R7000 that fixed it! Now for the painful static lease process...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: