netgear R6400v2 - official?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
klarkent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Auction won! The router will be soon on its route to the ddwrt guys!
I will do a partial refund of the money we collected 97€ (77€ from the pool + 20 from me since owner of the pool can't contribute) just let me think (or maybe suggest me) of a good way to do it.
I will post more information later I have no laptop because I'm on holiday so it's complicated to do everything with a smartphone.

Edit: aaaand... now you lovely guys who donated should have back part of the money.

Who contributed:

J. H. 50€
klarkent 20€
Bigjohn 17€
Ultraschorsch 10€

dd-wrt guys should receive the router the 25th-26th of April... then let's hope! Very Happy
Sponsor
Ultraschorsch1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
klarkent wrote:

Ultraschorsch 10€

dd-wrt guys should receive the router the 25th-26th of April... then let's hope! Very Happy

Well received, thank you Smile
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome and THANKS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well done!
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes indeed.

Now we wait...

Kong? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... They should've received the router. I talked via mail with one of the ddwrt developers and... Found out that Kong is actually an external contributor 😅 I didn't quite get that before. The guy who replied told me that either he will take care of sending him the device or do the job in the side himself. Let's see what happens Smile
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh, so you talked with Soren! great dude!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr. Green Mr. Green Thankz KK for that action. Perfectly setup and the goal was reached in no time.

Any idea how long it takes to create a first Build ?

I read somewhere that KONG daid that the R6400v2 is much the same as the R700 and that that means it will not take a whole lot of adjustments and figuring out how to make it all work.

Feeling like a little kid: Almost Can't wait for it to be released.

Cheers Guys

Switches: HP ProCurve 1810G-8, Linksys SLM2024
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes - eager to see the differences in the tagathadas version vs one built by the DD-WRT core team!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
We might have to wait for a while... It was BrainSlayer that replied and he said he *might* do it on the side. Means... No priority, no ETA. And... We also chose the wrong period of the year eheh... Sun is shining bright and after the long winter I guess that people won't spend that much time home... I'll ask him what happened with the router in a couple days to not to be too pushy (the courier page said it was delivered on the expected date).

Let's hope... And enjoy life meanwhile Wink
_SAK_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 16:13    Post subject: Special use for 6400v2 Reply with quote
I have a special use for the R6400v2 routers.

I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to help speed this up. I am more than happy to donate. We all have to eat and wear clothes and stuff like that Laughing - so if that helps.

Or if I could hire someone to make me a custom firmware for this unit? I'm using this one right now:

DD-WRT for NETGEAR R6400v2 (2017-08-1Cool (rev31884)
Submitted by Tathagata Das on Mon, 2017-08-21 10:49

Just beginning testing but definitely need something that will be rock solid and stable and all of that. I would prefer to be able to disable the radios independently as well (wish list).
Ultraschorsch1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:00    Post subject: Re: Special use for 6400v2 Reply with quote
_SAK_ wrote:

I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to help speed this up. I am more than happy to donate. We all have to eat and wear clothes and stuff like that Laughing - so if that helps.

Or if I could hire someone to make me a custom firmware for this unit? I'm using this one right now:

Just beginning testing but definitely need something that will be rock solid and stable and all of that. I would prefer to be able to disable the radios independently as well (wish list).

I was in a similar situation. So I bought a cheap Xiaomi MI3R router and flashed Prometheus on it. It's a really fast and dirt cheap alternative until we hopefully get a working build for the 6400v2.
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 18:47    Post subject: Re: Special use for 6400v2 Reply with quote
something cheap would be good if I didn't need solid wifi. and no way on earth I'm turning the wifi from ATT on on their fiber gateway. Then everything goes to hell with all their targeted advertising...

Ultraschorsch1 wrote:
_SAK_ wrote:

I was in a similar situation. So I bought a cheap Xiaomi MI3R router and flashed Prometheus on it. It's a really fast and dirt cheap alternative until we hopefully get a working build for the 6400v2.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 14:39    Post subject: Re: Special use for 6400v2 Reply with quote
bigjohn wrote:
something cheap would be good if I didn't need solid wifi. and no way on earth I'm turning the wifi from ATT on on their fiber gateway. Then everything goes to hell with all their targeted advertising...

If the following instruction on flashing Padavan on the router does not scare you away, this might be the solution for you. I bought this router for around 30 euros, which is REALLY cheap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6uloxs/update_guide_to_install_custom_english_firmware/

And here's where you can buy it in the US: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Router-3-Xiaomi-Mi-WiFi-Router-Smart-Mini-Repeater-Four-Antennas-Support-iOS-Android-APP---White-364700.html
dimomitev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 17
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: