Asus RT-AC66U - Can anyone a version that "just works&q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Oldsmobile_Mike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 14:50    Post subject: Asus RT-AC66U - Can anyone a version that "just works&q Reply with quote
I've been a fairly happy user of DD-WRT for many years, occasional glitches aside. Lately it seems like I'm having a harder time finding builds that "just work". I know that's a vague question, but I'll give it a shot.

For example:

Last night I tried r35681 (after upgrading from r33525), but the WiFi was completely broken (no devices were able to see it at all, Wifi Analyzer tool showed "adhoc" mode).

So I rolled back to r35531 after seeing a few good comments in the threads about it, but the IPv6 was completely broken (no WAN IPv6 address).

So I rolled back to R35244 after seeing a few good comments. Everything seemed okay but this morning I discovered my phones and Chromecasts can't see each other. The Chromecasts get a WiFi signal, and the phones get a WiFi signal, but the devices can't see or talk to each other over the same WiFi network at all.

Rolling back to r33525 again fixes all the problems but I know that version doesn't fully implement certain new security features (KRACK fix, etc.).

I know this is a pretty vague question, but can anyone recommend a recent version that "just works" on this model device? Tired of being a guinea pig, LOL. Wink
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 16:37    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-AC66U - Can anyone a version that "just wor Reply with quote
Oldsmobile_Mike wrote:
Lately it seems like I'm having a harder time finding builds that "just work". [...]

Last night I tried r35681 (after upgrading from r33525), but the WiFi was completely broken (no devices were able to see it at all, Wifi Analyzer tool showed "adhoc" mode).

So I rolled back to r35531 after seeing a few good comments in the threads about it, but the IPv6 was completely broken (no WAN IPv6 address).

So I rolled back to R35244 after seeing a few good comments. Everything seemed okay but this morning I discovered my phones and Chromecasts can't see each other. The Chromecasts get a WiFi signal, and the phones get a WiFi signal, but the devices can't see or talk to each other over the same WiFi network at all.

Rolling back to r33525 again fixes all the problems but I know that version doesn't fully implement certain new security features (KRACK fix, etc.).
You don't like playing musical firmware? Razz Ya, lots of issues since the krack fixes (completed for bcm in 33772). Many have had good luck with 34311; I did when 33772 had wireless issues. Maybe 'the next' build will fix -everything-. Cool
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
droid4002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 22:36    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-AC66U - Can anyone a version that "just wor Reply with quote
Oldsmobile_Mike wrote:
I've been a fairly happy user of DD-WRT for many years, occasional glitches aside. Lately it seems like I'm having a harder time finding builds that "just work". I know that's a vague question, but I'll give it a shot.

For example:

I know this is a pretty vague question, but can anyone recommend a recent version that "just works" on this model device? Tired of being a guinea pig, LOL. Wink

I'm having the same problems with my AC66U, the wifi in newer builds turns into "adhoc" even though that's not configured. On older builds wifi comes up fine but puts everyone into a "AP isolation"-like mode, like you described. Not sure about the IPv6 part, because my ISP doesn't offer ipv6.

My last working build is 33555. I wonder if this is an issue with just ac66u's or any broadcom-based chipset.
Oldsmobile_Mike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 22:53    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-AC66U - Can anyone a version that "just wor Reply with quote
droid4002 wrote:
I'm having the same problems with my AC66U, the wifi in newer builds turns into "adhoc" even though that's not configured. On older builds wifi comes up fine but puts everyone into a "AP isolation"-like mode, like you described. Not sure about the IPv6 part, because my ISP doesn't offer ipv6.

My last working build is 33555. I wonder if this is an issue with just ac66u's or any broadcom-based chipset.

Have you tried 34311 mentioned in the comment above? I haven't had a chance yet.
droid4002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, all the builds after 33555 have the same issue with the wifi - clients can't see each other. The router can see all of them, though, and the clients on the VPN can also see the "invisible" wifi clients.

BTW, I also tried this week's build (35927) with no success.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: