Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
al_c wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Hey Al

My router's web pages are complaining they can't find router.js in /opt/YAMon3/www/js.

They are correct as it's located in /opt/yamon/www/js.

Do you still have YAMon3 hard coded somewhere? Perhaps a remote js file?

I did a files local config to check them but, but downloading the files fails.

Dave

WTF?!? (where's the file???)

The actual file should be created in /opt/YAMon3/www/js and there should be a symlink pointing to that location in /tmp/www/js.

what do you get when you enter ls -la /tmp/www/js? See my bottom entry below...

root@turris:~# ls -la /tmp/www/js
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 May 13 13:40 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 140 May 13 13:40 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7044 May 16 00:00 alerts.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 May 10 21:22 config3.4.js -> /opt/YAMon3/www/js/config3.4.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14829 May 16 00:31 live_data3.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 May 10 21:22 router.js -> /opt/YAMon3/www/js/router.js

root@R9000:~# ls -la /tmp/www/js
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 15 00:44 .
drwx------ 3 root root 0 May 15 00:44 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 65629 May 16 00:42 alerts.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 May 15 00:42 config3.4.js -> /opt/yamon/www/js/config3.4.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4087 May 16 00:44 live_data.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 May 15 00:42 router.js -> /opt/yamon/www/js/router.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 117736 May 15 00:42 util3.4.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 71254 May 15 00:42 yamon3.4.js
root@R9000:~#

Js is where it is supposed to be via the symlink although something is still looking for it in /opt/YAMon3 when it is actually nested in /opt/yamon.

Dave - has this issue magically gone away? Your symlink is correct... does the file actually exist in /opt/yamon/www/js/? What are it's permissions there?

Mine shows:
ls -la /opt/YAMon33/www/js
drw-rw-r-- 2 root root 1024 Apr 2 22:52 .
drw-rw-r-- 5 root root 1024 May 16 22:41 ..
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 637 May 19 08:23 config3.4.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 133 Apr 2 22:52 router.js
Sponsor
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 0:37    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
Al - Question for you below. When I updated with with initial "tweaks" you sent out on Wed May 16 I installed it and also used the "Sync IPs" function. Most of the internet IP addresses then displayed identifying information, but some did not - instead continuing to display an internet IP address until I clicked on the displayed IP address (at which time identifying information would show up). An inconvenience, but no big deal.

Now I've updated to the second "tweak" you sent out today Sat May 19. Now my Active Connections list never shows an IP address. I find it a little hard to believe that ALL IP addresses are now syncing to identifying information. I'm a little concerned that the IP address is just being blanked out in the Active Connections list, in which case I will lose information that may help me track down interactions that I want to block. I included a screen shot to help illustrate what I'm seeing.

The question: When an IP address doesn't sync up to identifying info is it being blanked out? Can we prevent that and return to displaying the IP address? I'm really only worried about internet side IP addresses.

Thanks
Mike

Capture002.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.34 KB
 Viewed:  1899 Time(s)

Capture002.PNG

ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:40    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
Al - I should also add that hovering over the identifying information no longer displays the corresponding IP address. I don't know if these changes were intentional, but for me they subtract from the former utility of the report.
Mike
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:06    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
ColoradoUser wrote:
Al - Question for you below. When I updated with with initial "tweaks" you sent out on Wed May 16 I installed it and also used the "Sync IPs" function. Most of the internet IP addresses then displayed identifying information, but some did not - instead continuing to display an internet IP address until I clicked on the displayed IP address (at which time identifying information would show up). An inconvenience, but no big deal.

Now I've updated to the second "tweak" you sent out today Sat May 19. Now my Active Connections list never shows an IP address. I find it a little hard to believe that ALL IP addresses are now syncing to identifying information. I'm a little concerned that the IP address is just being blanked out in the Active Connections list, in which case I will lose information that may help me track down interactions that I want to block. I included a screen shot to help illustrate what I'm seeing.

The question: When an IP address doesn't sync up to identifying info is it being blanked out? Can we prevent that and return to displaying the IP address? I'm really only worried about internet side IP addresses.

Thanks
Mike

I was playing with that code today... it should be working again... I have to completely rebuilt the `sync ips` functionality. It is not well suited to the number of matches it now has.

Al
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:29    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
I just tried a compare but it says all my files are up to date. Maybe I'm a little ahead of your code showing up.
Mike
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 14:22    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
Al – This morning I opened my YAMon reports and find that the behavior has changed back (IP addresses are showing up instead of blanks, and hovering over identifying information shows the underlying IP address). I don’t have auto update turned on, and I didn’t manually update the code – so I’m very confused about how this change in behavior could occur. A clue may be that a scheduled router reboot occurred during the night … but I thought all the changes were in report generation so I’m not sure why that would have an effect. If you want me to experiment with anything let me know.
Mike

Capture001.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.69 KB
 Viewed:  1861 Time(s)

Capture001.PNG

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:59    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
ColoradoUser wrote:
Al – This morning I opened my YAMon reports and find that the behavior has changed back (IP addresses are showing up instead of blanks, and hovering over identifying information shows the underlying IP address). I don’t have auto update turned on, and I didn’t manually update the code – so I’m very confused about how this change in behavior could occur. A clue may be that a scheduled router reboot occurred during the night … but I thought all the changes were in report generation so I’m not sure why that would have an effect. If you want me to experiment with anything let me know.
Mike
Mike - The html page for your reports lives on your router but the JavaScript and css files come from usage-monitoring.com (my server)... This allows me to update functionality faster. You are currently accessing the 'dev' versions of those files where I'm playing & testing... does this make sense?

Al
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 13:11    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
Got it. Eventually I'll have a model of how all this interconnects so I have a better understanding of anomalies and whether I should report something or "try again later". This has been a terrific tool for keeping my network under control.
Mike
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had Yamon running with a while now, but due to a recent upgrade of my broadband I've had to enable SFE in order for my router to get the full speed..

Whats the latest on Yamon and SFE enabled? Will Yamon now stop recording (accurate) data?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
I've had Yamon running with a while now, but due to a recent upgrade of my broadband I've had to enable SFE in order for my router to get the full speed..

Whats the latest on Yamon and SFE enabled? Will Yamon now stop recording (accurate) data?
SFE allows traffic to bypass iptables which means that YAMon does not see it... I have no idea of how to code a work around as documentation for SFE is sparse or non-existent.

Sorry!
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:

I was running a Netgear R4200 When my cable ISP was 50Mb.
The next bandwidth hop exceeded the 4200's capabilities and I moved to the R7000 and Yamon. This worked OK but, Gigabit was just around the corner and the R7000 maxxed out around the 400Mb mark. I went to the R7800 and even it struggled with Gigabit running Yamon. I bought a Netgear R9000 and all struggles ceased.

I REALLY like Yamon and what it does for me so I'll do anything I can to keep running it. I also REALLY like my Gigabit ISP service.

So, given the restrictions Yamon imposes on my router configuration in order to perform, I am more than happy to accommodate it with a high powered brute force router that doesn't need SFE to do Gigabit.

I'll run Netgear routers that Kong writes for and be happy.

If your router can't do Yamon and your ISP bandwidth without SFE then it's time for a new router.

soapbox off
Dave

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:

If your router can't do Yamon and your ISP bandwidth without SFE then it's time for a new router.

My R7000 (without SFE) maxed out at 260Mbps, and it was either living with that (and keep Yamon), or gain another 120Mbps and have to live without Yamon..

Im not looking to spend £400 on a R9000, just to keep Yamon, sorry. Smile

Hopefully Al manages to get around this problem in some way, Yamon is brilliant in what it does, and do provide some interesting graphs, etc. Smile
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 16:41    Post subject: Re: some tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
Al – A couple of questions before I shoot myself in the foot. First an explanation of what I was thinking about doing: My device list now contains 6 entries of the “incomplete” or known-to-be-bogus form, and having OCD I thought I would clean those out of the list. From reading past forum posts it sounds simple enough – just delete the related entries in the user.js file on the router.

So I went to look at the user.js file. I was surprised to find that the file doesn’t have most of my group and device names. So I didn’t want to touch it until I understood why.

Just for kicks I did an “export users.js”, and the resulting file looks correct, with all my group and device names.

I’m using Database Integration, so I’m guessing that my actual group/device list is stored on your server and is retrieved whenever I start YAMon (is that right?). Then my concern is ... if I export the list, edit it, and copy it to my router, am I actually going to accomplish anything? Maybe I need to export, disable Database Integration, edit users.js, copy to the router, and re-enable Database Integration?

Or maybe I just need to leave it alone …….

Mike
jaykumar_2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 18:32    Post subject: sed errors and ppp interface Reply with quote
Really inspiring to see what you can do with shell scripts (atleast the data gather part)

I am running YAmon 3.4.4 on DD-WRT v3.0-r30681 (09/22/16) std, I facing few issues.

DD-WRT ssh console is flooded with following after starting YAmon. I am not sure exactly what is causing this or which script to look into

sed: -e expression #1, char 201: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 201: unterminated `s' command

I also see the ppp interface in the web UI and logs, if I am not wrong. Is it intentional?

23:57:05 0 updated ul row-->hu({"mac":"un:kn:ow:n0:0m:ac","hour":"23","down":120070,"up":13515})

I also noticed that YAmon stops collecting data after few hours, process seems to be still running. I have enabled verbose logging, probably it would provide some information.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
scope2 wrote:

I was running a Netgear R4200 When my cable ISP was 50Mb.
The next bandwidth hop exceeded the 4200's capabilities and I moved to the R7000 and Yamon. This worked OK but, Gigabit was just around the corner and the R7000 maxxed out around the 400Mb mark. I went to the R7800 and even it struggled with Gigabit running Yamon. I bought a Netgear R9000 and all struggles ceased.

I REALLY like Yamon and what it does for me so I'll do anything I can to keep running it. I also REALLY like my Gigabit ISP service.

So, given the restrictions Yamon imposes on my router configuration in order to perform, I am more than happy to accommodate it with a high powered brute force router that doesn't need SFE to do Gigabit.

I'll run Netgear routers that Kong writes for and be happy.

soapbox off
Dave

Thx!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 44, 45, 46  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: