Questions regarding Netgear R6250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hking0036
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 20:26    Post subject: Questions regarding Netgear R6250 Reply with quote
I just ended up picking up a Netgear R6250 because my old router (wnr2000) wasn't cutting the mustard. I'm interested in flashing dd-wrt on it because I have an older WNDR3800 with it and I really like it. I know the wiki can be a little spotty and there's no page on the 6250 so I've been looking at the 6300's page, but I still have some things I want to nail down first.

Looking at the specs, I believe the 6250 has the same Broadcom BCM4708A0 as the 6300v2 and NOT the v1, which means it should be an ARM cpu (which is important because the install instructions are sort of specific)?

There are some notes about not 30-30-30 resetting it and specific details about wiping the NVRAM seperately but it seems like it's just the same as a factory reset in the GUI?

I've not looked at any Kong builds but there are builds for the R6250 on the brainslayer betas. Are the Kong builds preferable for this router or no (wiki page is pointing to some 3-y/o news on this so I don't know if it's changed)?

If the brainslayer builds are preferable, should I opt for the newest one (5/13) or is there a more preferable one (Sticky points to r14929 but that's from 2010 and I don't think that this router was even available yet then, among other concerns)?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't do 30/30/30. For the first flash from netgear use the r6250.chk file from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
For subsequent upgrades or downgrades use the std.bin bin in the same link.
If you want, you can tr the test builds in the test folder.
Reset using the GUI or erase nvram from telnet.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Don't do 30/30/30. For the first flash from netgear use the r6250.chk file from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
For subsequent upgrades or downgrades use the std.bin bin in the same link.
If you want, you can tr the test builds in the test folder.
Reset using the GUI or erase nvram from telnet.

Cool, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: