[SOLVED]slowdown in download speed on newer builds on R7000P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lue6x9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:06    Post subject: [SOLVED]slowdown in download speed on newer builds on R7000P Reply with quote
I have a Netgear R7000P. I have been using build r52869 successfully. I'm in Gateway mode with the router connected to my cable modem from Comcast. I have ipv6 disabled.

I tried updating to a newer build, most recently r54682, and each time I get a major reduction in download speed. It's not a wireless issue as I'm measuring from an Ethernet attached PC.
I initially tried upgrade without reset, but I've also now tried a reset.

Old download speeds were appx 100Mbps or more as measured by speed.cloudflare.com (Comcast claims I get up to 1200). Each time I try a newer build I'm usually in the 15-30Mbps and sometimes much lower. The speedtest on the Status/WAN page is showing 3Mbps download. I don't have QOS enabled or SFE enabled.

I do see some posts that say newer builds have been successful for R7000P but I've tried those mentioned in this forum.

Any suggestions and configurations to test or other steps to restore my download speed?
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Under Shortcut Forwarding Engine, choose CTF and then CTF+FA, save, and reboot a couple of times. After flashing current release:

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2024/01-12-2024-r54905/netgear-r7000P/

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
lue6x9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. That made a dramatic difference in download. I'm now well above the prior speeds I was seeing in the prior build without CTF+FA. Cloudflare now reporting downloads in the 700+ range. Comcast said 500. Oddly, the built in speed checker in DD-WRT on the status page is still around 100.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: