High IP numbers for DHCP leases?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bedouin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:37    Post subject: High IP numbers for DHCP leases? Reply with quote
I'm running DD-WRT Micro v32 SP2 on a WRT54G v5 with 7 clients attached to it, two of them wireless; all of them assigned static IPs through DHCP. Two of the clients' IPs are set manually in their network configuration for various reasons (one is an old 68k Mac running OS 7.5 that has trouble obtaining DHCP leases), however I use the static DHCP feature to keep their addresses reserved.

To the point . . . a few days ago I attached an iMac I obtained for free to a switch that is attached to my WRT54G in another room; the iMac is running OS 9.2.2. I noticed that it obtained a DHCP addresses of 192.168.1.36 and thought that was odd, since I begin DHCP leases at 192.168.1.2. There are no other machines on my network other than the above mentioned 7, WEP is enabled, and MAC address filtering is also enabled. Moreover, I don't see any other machines attached to my network that would be using up the lower numbered leases.

Any ideas why this might have happened? Is it normal?
Sponsor
lawnmowerguy1
Donator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Support#DHCP_and_DNS_with_DNSMasq

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: