NoCatSplash help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
theantidote
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 0:21    Post subject: NoCatSplash help Reply with quote
Okay I've tried to follow the instructions the best I can but to no avail. First off using a web server on my local network to host the splash page wouldn't work. Maybe if you can help me with that...
The server is accessible locally via http://ryan/splash (although the NetBIOS names might not carry over?) but how would I exclude that from being blocked? I tried just 'ryan' and it didn't work.

Anyways after fiddling with that for a while I've decided a samba share would be easier. So I mounted one on the router, now what? The wiki provides no instructions on what to do with a samba share so I'm lost. I just guessed and tried /smb as my document root but it didn't work. Help would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
imakoki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have configured the WAN interface? Also is necessary a DNS server to resolve the domains. If it not exist only appears the error page (page not found). Finally I have verified that the splash page does not appear if the host is in the LAN/WLAN network.

Sorry for my english :(

greetings Wink
imakoki
theantidote
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a PPPoE connection and the DNS servers are grabbed through that, but there are DNS servers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: