Mesh/wds for large project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
skywire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 21:22    Post subject: Mesh/wds for large project Reply with quote
I was wanting to know if it is possible/reliable to set up a large wds/mesh network with the buffalo whr-g54s (not the hp). With a combination of single and ganged together units. The project is in myrtle beach sc. Alot of the oceanfront resort have been asking me about this. (for there guests)I want to be able to get service in there rooms. (many windows on all high rises) I was thinking of shooting from the outside of the builbings do to all of the glass..good chance I may be able to shoot thru buildins with sectors on each side. These resorts are pretty close together lining the coast for about 20-30miles. I do have rooftop access to most of them. But I guess my question is I want to gut the buffalo put a range of high gain antennas (sectors/omnis) and connect everything w/wds and use sputnik as billing backend. I wont have internet feed at every resort and I want to make a single network so to speak thats why I ask about wds. Currently I can use Mikrotik but the cost is up there and resort owners dont wanna pay that knind of $$$$. Please anyone with any suggestions and or ideas at all please respond. I am serious about this and it is a very large project. if you want to get involved and or contibute please contact me. Thanks, ROB
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: