EOC-5610 with dd-wrt

accesspoint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46    Post subject: EOC-5610 with dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am quite new in this forum and forgive me for such basic questions.

I would like to buy two of [8403342] EOC-5610 incl. dd-wrt. I would like to ask a couple of questions as follows:

1) What is the latest situation of EOC-5610 with dd-wrt? How stable is it? If I face any problem on dd-wrt, is it easy to switch to Senao FW?

2) My intention is to use 5Ghz as backhauling and 2.4Ghz (bu using an external omni antenna for 2.4GHz) as access point. One of them will be connected to an ADSL modem via Ethernet plus acts as access point, whereas the other one just used as an access point. Is it possible to do with EOC-5610 with dd-wrt?

3) I would like to use an external high gain omni antenna for 2.4GHz? Can you also provide such an external antenna with associated cable? If no, could you address any supplier?

4) Price includes shipping, right? I am living in Turkey. How many days does it take to receive the devices?

5) What are the advantages of using dd-wrt?

Kind Regards

Ali
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31    Post subject: Re: EOC-5610 with dd-wrt Reply with quote
accesspoint wrote:
Hi all,

I am quite new in this forum and forgive me for such basic questions.

I would like to buy two of [8403342] EOC-5610 incl. dd-wrt. I would like to ask a couple of questions as follows:

1) What is the latest situation of EOC-5610 with dd-wrt? How stable is it?

stable! why not?
Quote:
If I face any problem on dd-wrt, is it easy to switch to Senao FW?
no
Quote:

2) My intention is to use 5Ghz as backhauling and 2.4Ghz (bu using an external omni antenna for 2.4GHz) as access point. One of them will be connected to an ADSL modem via Ethernet plus acts as access point, whereas the other one just used as an access point. Is it possible to do with EOC-5610 with dd-wrt?
no, nor with the senao fw. since it has only one RF
Quote:

3) I would like to use an external high gain omni antenna for 2.4GHz? Can you also provide such an external antenna with associated cable? If no, could you address any supplier?

check the shop
Quote:

4) Price includes shipping, right?
NO
Quote:
I am living in Turkey. How many days does it take to receive the devices?

5) What are the advantages of using dd-wrt?

dd-wrt.com/demo

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: