Some odd WHR-G54S problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
commandar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 16:47    Post subject: Some odd WHR-G54S problems. Reply with quote
Hi all,

I've been using dd-wrt on Linksys hardware for a little over a year now, got my first Buffalo unit about a month ago. It's worked fine for the most part, but I'm having a couple of odd issues I was wondering if anyone else has run across.

Recently it's starting occassionally locking up and resetting the wireless connection at random. I've also noticed that the red Diag light has gone pretty much solid.

The other really weird thing that I've not been able to pin down is that it's apparently put wired and wireless connections on separate subnets. Wireless is on 192.168.1.x but it appears to have put wired connections on its default 192.168.11.x subnet. I've looked through the WebUI and can't seem to find any reason for it doing this.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsor
milo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 0:11    Post subject: NVRAM reset Reply with quote
I think the NVRAM can keep values from previous configs unless you take pains to wipe it clean.

I've seen some posts that suggest you should always run (I'm not sure if this is right) NVRAM reset before flashing a device.

In any case, /usr/sbin/NVRAM show will let you see the values that are in place- perhaps that will shed some light...
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
per default wifi and lan is bridged together if you have a clean nvram. its simply impossible that both are running into different subnets. except you played around with FON or some other non standard stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
per default wifi and lan is bridged together if you have a clean nvram. its simply impossible that both are running into different subnets. except you played around with FON or some other non standard stuff

That's what I figured, which is why it's odd that I've run into it. The problems seem to have started after I did a hard reset using the button on the back of the unit. I haven't touched anything like FON on this unit - it came out of the box, got power applied to it and DD-WRT installed over TFTP. :-)

That said it seems to be acting normally again the last few days. Strange behavior either way.

Do you think resetting the NVRAM would be an advisable course of action?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: