pptp server questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
89mclarenstang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:11    Post subject: pptp server questions... Reply with quote
ok ive figured out how to set this up but heres my question...there is a line that asks for client ip...i understand this to mean the address scope of the machine you are trying to vpn from....however i want to be able to vpn into my network from anywhere....is there a way to allow vpn access from anywhere regardless of what subnet im on....i tried typing in 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255...this however doesnt work...is there any way to do this? i tried leaving the field blank but that didnt work either....any ideas...
Sponsor
jpark
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The field for client IP(s) is for a range of IP addresses the server should assign to the connecting client. It has nothing to do with the IP the client has on its own network.

The range should somewhere in the subnet of the servers network, but does not need to be in the same group as the standard DHCP group that the DHCP server is using locally.

For example, I'm using the 192.168.1.x subnet at home. The DHCP range is 192.168.1.50 through 192.168.1.99. I am using 192.168.1.100-125 for PPTP clients. When I connect from my work (10.18.86.x network), I receive a 192.168.1.x address from the PPTP server.
89mclarenstang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
AHA!! i see now..thanks a lot for that info...makes much more sense now Smile thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: