ECB3500 VLAN Setup

nathancoye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 15:55    Post subject: ECB3500 VLAN Setup Reply with quote
I have a question regarding vlan configuration on an Engenius ECB3500:

In short, I need two vlans, one for office use and one for public. I have the ECB3500 set up as an Access Point with a Cisco RVS4000 set up as the router and dhcp server. I have created two vlans on the RVS4000, one of which is the Cisco default vlan 1, and I've created a 2nd vlan 100 for public use. I have two ssid's setup on the ECB3500 and would like to have the first ssid on vlan 1 and the 2nd public ssid on vlan 100.

In the dd-wrt web console under setup -> networking, I have ath0 (the first ssid) set up to tag as 1, then I have ath0.1 (the 2nd ssid) set up to tag as 100. I have the ECB3500 connected to port 4 of the RVS400, so I have port 4 setup to tag vlans 1 and 100. It seems to me that this setup should work; however, I get no connectivity once the ECB3500 is connected to port 4 of the RVS400.

Is there something I'm missing here? It seems to me that the AP isn't successfully tagging the packets, or either the router isn't receiving them properly.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
consider if you tag ath0.100 you will output tagged vlans directly with wireless. so my first question is. what do you want todo?

i can just guess. but from what i think is you want to output vlan 100 on your second ssid as network but not as vlan. but then you must create the config different

create the vlans on br0.

so you get br0.100 and br0.xxx (whatever the other vlan is)

then create a bridge named "brpublic" and "brsecond"

then bridge br0.100 to brpublic and ath0 to brpublic
then bridge br0.xxx to brsecond and ath0.1 to brsecond

so the vlan 100 is broadcasted as normal ethernet on ath0 and your users can connect to it. on your cisco it will come in as vlan 100

the same for the other

i hope you understand what i mean and why the configuration is made like that.

Navigation

Jump to: