Expand Wireless Coverage with Hardwired Linksys Routers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Toot4fun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 19:01    Post subject: Expand Wireless Coverage with Hardwired Linksys Routers Reply with quote
Good afternoon-

I'm relatively new to DD-WRT, so I'm looking for a recommendation from the group. I have a wireless router in a back bedroom where my cable modem hookup enters the house. This is a Linksys WRT54Gv5 that is currently running the stock Linksys firmware. My wireless coverage in the house is horrible, so I'm looking to fix this.

I would like to upgrade the current wireless router to DD-WRT and add a new router (that will also run DD-WRT) to expand my wireless coverage. I have cable run to various rooms in my house, so connecting the two routers with a cable is an option.

What is the best way for me to do this? I'd like to avoid a second subnet with the new router if at all possible.

If there is some pertinent information that I have left out, please let me know and I will do my best to provide anything that you need.

Thank you!!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: