Is it possible to bundle USB-support @ asus firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xpz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 0:07    Post subject: Is it possible to bundle USB-support @ asus firmware? Reply with quote
This is my first post here. Thank you BrainSlayer (and the dd-wrt team) for all the great work!

Now to my question. Since there is a special asus dist of dd-wrt, wouldn't it be wise to include USB-support? I know you can install it by yourself (as I do) , but when you try out new firmwares it becomes kind of annoying. I think most of the asus users are using the USB-ports/want to be able to use it anyway. It doesn't have to be fancy, just the ordinary functions from the factory firmware.
Sponsor
madman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
try this

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB
Marsupilami
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer answered the same question a couple of days ago, but it is in german:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=195

A short translation: A special version with USB support is being planned. But it's low priority on BrainSlayer's to-do-list. In his opinion the routers are routers in first place. Problem with USB is, that USB support and support for connected devices (drivers, file system drivers etc.) need quite a lot of space. So some other features will have to go to get space for USB support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: