wgt634u

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
blargman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:01    Post subject: wgt634u Reply with quote
I'm considering buying one of these. It uses Atheros 5006 chipset, and has an open mini-pci slot I can use to throw a better radio card in. At 40$ used and I believe 75$ new, it looks like a super deal. I'm just curious, what you all think of it. Any downsides to this piece of machinery, it seems apt for the job of a cheap wireless AP at a really affordable price (around 100$ with a nice mini-pci card).

how would you say it fairs to say the Buffalo WHR-G54S? Does the buffalo have a mini-pci slot? I couldn't see any inside pics of it online anywhere.
Sponsor
blargman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
*burp*
shooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got an wgt634u and built a serial cable, it worked fine and i flashed some different Firmwares on it. I got also an Debian running on an USB-Flashdrive booting the kernel from the wgt634u. My wgt634u is one of the first releases from netgear, they had many probs with the WLAN... so this sucks! I don´t know if the have solved this problems in later releases. This was the reason i decided to buy a linksys device. I use the 634u for some experimental things on my network, like usb-storage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: