Possible to add/remove MAC's from the filter via telnet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Druchii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:31    Post subject: Possible to add/remove MAC's from the filter via telnet? Reply with quote
Hey everyone, i'm pretty sure this is my first post, i'm using DD-WRT v23 SP2 (08/03/06) micro on a Linksys WRT54G V5.1.

Is it possible via telnet to add/remove MAC addresses from the Mac Filter which i have enabled to only allow listed Mac addresses. The reason i want this is because my routers web config never works when my neighbour hammers the connection, whereas telnet does. (Yes i do let my neighbour access the internet for a nominal fee)

Thankyou in advance people Smile
Sponsor
Druchii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bump this, but, does anyone know if it's possible at all?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
see wl_maclist

nvram get wl_maclist
Pow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had started typing this up before Eko visited, but I'll still throw my input in.

Using "nvram show" from the command shell I found the following that are probably related-

wl_mac_deny=
wl_macmode=allow
wl_macmode1=other
wl_maclist=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy zz:zz:zz:zz:zz:zz
wl_mac_list=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy zz:zz:zz:zz:zz:zz

For me the xx, yy and zz macs match the addresses seen when I view the web page of allowed/denied mac addresses. Each address is separated by a space.

You'll need to use a combination of "nvram set (parm and value)" followed by an "nvram commit" to set and apply changes. You should be able to find examples of the nvram command usage around the board and in the wiki. It might take some experimentation to find exactly the steps you need. A good way to track down the parms to change would be to get a list of current settings via "nvram show", make the changes required in the GUI (when you can access it), make sure the changes have applied and then do another "nvram show" to list parms. Take a look and see what has changed between them.

-Pow
Druchii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pow, that was a fantastically helpful post! I can now do exactly what i want to do :)

Works like a treat, the parameter i needed was wl_maclist. Just as Eko pointed out, then a "nvram commit" and "reboot"

Thankyou so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: