Can I use ddwrt to limit bandwidth as an AP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
guy121
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 0:56    Post subject: Can I use ddwrt to limit bandwidth as an AP? Reply with quote
Here's the story. My roomate uses bittorrent and it craps out the internet connection for everyone else who uses it. Theres really nothing I can do about it, as she will continue to use it. Putting netlimiter on her computer probably won't help since she'll most likely just disable it. However, she does connect to the internet through my wireless router.

Currently I use a Belkin Pre-N as an AP, since the landlords have the internet connected through their router. I have purchased a Buffalo HP router to load DDWRT. The guys over on dslreports told me that I could use it to limit upload/download. Can I do that when the router will be set as an AP? I was also curious if I can connect my Belkin Pre-N as an AP to the Buffalo HP and have the buffalo limit the connection from the Belkin Pre-N?

This would not only allow me to limit her speed, but also give me a ton of coverage everywhere.
Sponsor
KingOfNod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:02    Post subject: use this Reply with quote
under applications and gaming use the qos feature!

Set up and down then enable the optimize for gaming!

you can also catch p2p clients and stop them under access restrictions
dicksons
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean as a pure AP in not using the WAN port ?

I think that you can't just " catch all P2P" in this config -- at least I couldn't get my AP to block limewire in that configuration.

Navigation

Jump to: