Speed Problems DIR-825

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
HouseBeatz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Speed Problems DIR-825 Reply with quote
Hi All,

i really need help to find out a solution for my issue. I installed dd-wrt on my dir-825 cause i couldn't find tcp timeout settings in the factory firmware from d-link. I am using a 32mbit connection over a local cable company.

Since i flashed my router with dd-wrt i do not get the full speed of 32mbit through it. My pc is connected via cable to the router. I also notice an issue while i am surfing on websites. Sometimes, while loading a page, it seems like i lost connection, because it stops loading and a few seconds later it loads again. The maximum of speed in several tests was round about 20MBit. When i connect my pc directly to the internet modem i get the full 32MBit.

So i think its something with the router.. maybe some settings in the firmware. Could you please help?

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
mamboman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 23:05    Post subject: Re: Speed Problems DIR-825 Reply with quote
HouseBeatz wrote:
Hi All,

i really need help to find out a solution for my issue. I installed dd-wrt on my dir-825 cause i couldn't find tcp timeout settings in the factory firmware from d-link. I am using a 32mbit connection over a local cable company.

Since i flashed my router with dd-wrt i do not get the full speed of 32mbit through it. My pc is connected via cable to the router. I also notice an issue while i am surfing on websites. Sometimes, while loading a page, it seems like i lost connection, because it stops loading and a few seconds later it loads again. The maximum of speed in several tests was round about 20MBit. When i connect my pc directly to the internet modem i get the full 32MBit.

So i think its something with the router.. maybe some settings in the firmware. Could you please help?

Thanks in advance

Could be a frame size issue... mine is working absolutely fine.. I am getting up to 90% of full bandwidth. (100mbit conection)
HouseBeatz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, can i do anything to change it or does anyone else have another suggestion..??
tsitalon1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any update to this?
kevinx17910
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chnage your mtu setting under setup or services (cant remember)

start with 1500 and go down by 10 each time and test your speed using speedtest.net.

I have it on 1480 and i get full speeds.

Navigation

Jump to: