connecting to a NSLU2 NAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
desufnoc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 13:58    Post subject: connecting to a NSLU2 NAS Reply with quote
Hi,

I have the set up shown below with build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/16/10) std and my chipset is Atheros AR7161 rev 2 (0xaa).

In addition I have 2 SSIDs’ i.e. Wireless Physical Interface ath0 & Virtual Interfaces ath0.1 SSID. I use the following command in the firewall section to enforce 1 way access (i.e. the principal SSID can access the virtual, but not the other way around) :

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o br0 -m state --state NEW -j DROP

I have the following start up script:
# Properly setup NAS
killall nas

# Main:
nas -P /tmp/nas.wl0lan.pid -H 34954 -l br0 \
-i "`nvram get wl0_ifname`" -A -m 4 -k "`nvram get wl0_wpa_psk`" \
-s "`nvram get wl0_ssid`" -w 2 \
-g "`nvram get wl0_wpa_gtk_rekey`"

I’m now attempting to access the NAS I was using previously with a different router (stock firmware) and a Windows XP machine. The current desktop uses Windows 7 64 bit.

On the DD-WRT LAN tab the device doesn’t appear in the list of DHCP clients. I’m also unable to ping any of the likely IP addresses for the NAS device. From the reading I’ve done so far I’m guessing that I need to install Samba on the router. According to the smbd—version command I don’t have Samba installed.
sh: eval: line 1: smbd: not found

I’m a DD-WRT newbie, so I’d appreciate any advice a to whether installing Samba is the likely solution to this issue, or if I should be looking at other issues?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: