{NOW SUPPORTED} - Hardware Request (NETGEAR WNR2000 v2)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
EFaden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
So can we get an updated list of the firmwares that work? I did the flash to the older mini chk for the WNR2000V2. Am now trying to figure out which of the newer mini's work, as well as which of the openvpn-small and nokaid builds work. Thanks.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
EFaden wrote:
So can we get an updated list of the firmwares that work? I did the flash to the older mini chk for the WNR2000V2. Am now trying to figure out which of the newer mini's work, as well as which of the openvpn-small and nokaid builds work. Thanks.

Any of the minis that came out after support for this model was added will work. You need to read a few pages back regarding upgrading. that .chk file is for the initial flash only, after that you can use the regular mini bin to upgrade with.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The limit for the WNR2000v2 is iirc 0x340000 bytes which is 3,407,872 decimal.
You can easily verify if this is correct or not by comparing sizes of working and non-working firmwares.

Edit: it is 64KB more or 0x350000 bytes which equals 3,473,408 bytes deecimal.

3473408/1024 = 3392 KB

Last edited by LOM on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01; edited 1 time in total
EFaden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
EFaden wrote:

Any of the minis that came out after support for this model was added will work. You need to read a few pages back regarding upgrading. that .chk file is for the initial flash only, after that you can use the regular mini bin to upgrade with.

I suppose I was more asking once I have converted using the CHK what else can I use? e.g. Mini? OpenVPN-Small Nokaid? etc? Which alternative packages can I use.
LEDfoot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
EFaden wrote:

I'm a noob, but I flashed a new (refurbished) v2 last night with the:
dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk
build.

Is there a faq somewhere that describes the differences between these builds.
From the looks of it both
dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin
and
dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin

should work on this router but what exactly are the differences between these (and the original chk I used?
Does the std have openvpn? if not, what does the openvpn build drop from std?

Thanks!
mikebike357
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
packrat73 wrote:
Sorry, I meant the first one to be a .bin not .chk....

I upgraded using the one I mentioned but in .bin format. and it still drops every 2 hours or so.

Mine was doing this too, dropping every 2 to 3 hrs... turned off the auto channel selection and fixed it on channel 2 (non-congested channel in my neighborhood). Seems to have fixed the issue.
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 20:11    Post subject: wireless file transfer very slow. Reply with quote
Okay I tried channels 1/6/11 and channel width 40 as well but could not boost file transfer rate to/from laptop(wireless N) and PC(wired). It is capped around 2MBps. There are no B/G devices attached to router. However there is a ooma device attached to the router. Any thoughts on boosting the rate?

wnr2000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.64 KB
 Viewed:  37483 Time(s)

wnr2000.png

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 21:24    Post subject: Re: wireless file transfer very slow. Reply with quote
buntya wrote:
Okay I tried channels 1/6/11 and channel width 40 as well but could not boost file transfer rate to/from laptop(wireless N) and PC(wired). It is capped around 2MBps. There are no B/G devices attached to router. However there is a ooma device attached to the router. Any thoughts on boosting the rate?

Erm yea, stop running it in Mixed mode, since you have no B/G you can run it in N-Only 40 wide and rock the house, make sure to use WPA2 w/ AES only for N spec, reference the wireless n config link in my sig for more info.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31    Post subject: Re: wireless file transfer very slow. Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:

Erm yea, stop running it in Mixed mode, since you have no B/G you can run it in N-Only 40 wide and rock the house, make sure to use WPA2 w/ AES only for N spec, reference the wireless n config link in my sig for more info.

Okay that helps to push the rate to 300Mbps, but as soon as I connect my laptop with intel wifi link 4965agn it drops to 144Mbps. There seems to be some restriction due to the lan card on laptop. I need to do some research on that. Thanks.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:39    Post subject: Re: wireless file transfer very slow. Reply with quote
buntya wrote:
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:

Okay that helps to push the rate to 300Mbps, but as soon as I connect my laptop with intel wifi link 4965agn it drops to 144Mbps. There seems to be some restriction due to the lan card on laptop. I need to do some research on that. Thanks.

Lucky guess would be that it is most likely a 1x1 MIMO wireless adapter.

buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 16:52    Post subject: Re: wireless file transfer very slow. Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:

Lucky guess would be that it is most likely a 1x1 MIMO wireless adapter.

Here is what intel has to say.

Friendly Neighbor Assurance
Supports 802.11n standard 40MHz channels only in 5GHz spectrum to minimize negative impact to legacy devices/networks nearby.

My bad I was assuming that N rate is achievable. So I guess 2Mbps file transfer rate in this case is the max. Correct?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
If its a 1x2 MIMO you'd be looking at a 150/300 rate, at 2x2 its 300/300, so like i said, it would matter how the MIMO setup is on that adapter, which no, im not gonna research that one for you ;)

So find out what MIMO arrangement you have on the adapter and go from there on troubleshooting.

buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
If its a 1x2 MIMO you'd be looking at a 150/300 rate, at 2x2 its 300/300, so like i said, it would matter how the MIMO setup is on that adapter, which no, im not gonna research that one for you ;)

So find out what MIMO arrangement you have on the adapter and go from there on troubleshooting.

Cool. Thanks.
pcfxxr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Flash Reply with quote
just wanted to post that i did just upgrade 2 WNR2000 v2s to dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin with no issues and both are running fine, this is an upgrade from dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk (you must use the .chk to flash from factory firmware) listed in this thread on page 7.

since i already had 14536 loaded, my steps were to reset the device to defaults in the gui, upload the new firmware setting it to reset to defaults after the flash.

hope this helps people wondering what the latest build is that can be loaded.
mrwawa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi this firmware is great! The best i've ever had ;-)

Just one thing: Is it difficult to support the hardware on/off switch for the wifi (wireless lan) module on the back side?

If that would work it would be perfect!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: