Bug - cannot save WAN Static IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
afrom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 18:12    Post subject: Bug - cannot save WAN Static IP Reply with quote
Hardware: TP-Link TL-WR842ND
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13) std

Problem reproduction:
1. Change connection type from "Automatic configuration - DHCP" to "Static IP"
2. Page submits form (apply.cgi)
3. "Save" and "Apply Settings" buttons now do nothing

This happens even if I fill data in all the form fields (e.g. IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS 1,2,3)

Maybe this is a javascript validation problem?

Any ideas?

Can I modify the static ip settings in a file? Where is the configuration stored?

Configuration:
- openvpn enabled
- ssh enabled
- wifi enabled
otherwise no changes to default settings
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully you are performing 30-30-30 before and after flashing? try with clearing your browser cache and cookies. I use static IP on my config and it works fine, albeit this is on a buffalo wzr-hp-ag300h.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
afrom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried the 30-30-30.

So even with a freshly reset configuration, the problem occurs.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Reset
2. Enter new password
3. Change "Disabled" to "Static IP"
4. Enter IP + subnet
5. Click save
=> Nothing happens

Is there a way that I can configure the static ip in a file somewhere using ssh?

How do I make a bug report?
afrom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so I tried to replace the onclick event on the apply button to bypass the validation

Code:
onclick="to_apply(this.form);"

with

Code:
onclick="applytake(this.form);"

And it remembered the WAN IP.
So perhaps this really is a problem of client side validation?

I tested with Chrome and Firefox - it's not working in both.
cpccuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue... When I set a static WAN IP address I the "Apply Settings" button does not work. When setting to DHCP works fine. Does this in Chrome and IE. Haven't tried firefox yet.

Hardware: Netgear WNDR3700 V4
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13) std - build 21286

I just bought this router today but am under a tight deadline to get it up and running. Would a previous build maybe not contain this bug??

Also, how did you manage to change the javascript that the button submits? Is it through the webmaster toolbar or something more complicated?
afrom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hack solution:

1. set to Static IP
2. change IP settings
3. in Chrome, right-click on the apply button and click "Inspect element"
4. Change the entire onclick statement with the one I posted
5. Click on the apply button and it should now skip the validation and save the settings directly.

(Make sure your changes are valid because there is no validation)
Exordium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that workaround. Configured a brandnew WNDR4300 and need to set a static IP.
Freepix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to the Ticket Bug Track website this was indeed identified with the build 21286

Quote:
#2896 closed (fixed) - DIR-825 Rev.B2 Static IP cannot be saved http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2896#comment:1

DIR-825 Rev.B2 if you set WAN to Static IP you can't save the page on WebUI. r21286 is affected. Was ok on r21223.
ccnp123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 21:12    Post subject: root of the problem Reply with quote
I have the same issue with build 21286 on a Netgear 3700wndr.

According to the Chrome javascript console, the variable l2tp_dhcp is not defined. Once this causes the error, the function to_apply, which is defined in the same file, will not run because the whole script has been invalidated. It seems as though older browsers (IE8 in compatability mode) are more forgiving when they encounter a javascript error.

Just posting this as a quick note here so I don't forget when I comment on the bug formally.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 21:28    Post subject: Re: root of the problem Reply with quote
ccnp123 wrote:

Just posting this as a quick note here so I don't forget when I comment on the bug formally.

Being that the issue is fixed and will be covered in the next build release, why would you comment on it at all? It would be a fairly moot point now..

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
DasFox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:57    Post subject: Re: root of the problem Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
ccnp123 wrote:

Being that the issue is fixed and will be covered in the next build release, why would you comment on it at all? It would be a fairly moot point now..

This is a problem on all dd-wrt firmware?

Thanks...
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 13:10    Post subject: Re: root of the problem Reply with quote
DasFox wrote:
buddee wrote:
ccnp123 wrote:

This is a problem on all dd-wrt firmware?

Thanks...

Not all builds, just 21286. Devs are saying 'expect a new build soon' which could be anytime, but right now they are busy porting new hardware (RT-AC66U, R6300, WNDR4500) and merging new 3.x kernel for broadcom. So for the time being, i would either roll back to a different build, and/or wait for the next beta.

DasFox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I'm on a WNDR3700 v4...

Amongst this there's been a few other bug reports I've made, never heard anything back on those bug reports...

Hope we might see some new updates for this router too in a short while...

I rolled back to two previous versions, they had to many other problems, so the latest version seems the best...

OpenVPN stability is really needed on the client...

THANKS
ElrondBCN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
this workaround still does not allow you to check off the items:

Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Use DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative

How can you enable these without the web interface?
telijah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 21676 has resolved this for me.

Edit: Specifically, being able to Apply Settings to set static IP
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: