Tp-Link Archer c9 Revert to Stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
chrismallia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
I got two of these Archer C9's from Costco and loaded the 4/1/2015 DD-WRT beta on them both. One is the main router and the other is used as a wired access point. I haven't had a lot of time to test them, but signal coverage seems really good.

Issues:
1. I had to set my main router to get a static IP from the Ooma I have in front of it. On my Netgear router (with DD-WRT), I just let it auto dhcp, but that wouldn't work anymore on the new one, not sure why, but it worked once I set it statically.

2. The USB3 drive I have gets recognized by the router, and I can setup samba sharing, BUT NONE of my computers or devices can see the router or the shared drive as a share on the network. I've tried rebooting, unplugging, everything. Everything acts like there is nothing shared from my router.

3. I set the "SES button unmounts drives" to enable and the router will NOT keep a drive mounted, even when I press nothing at all. I'll plug one in, watch it mount, and a couple seconds later it unmounts and stays that way. Turning that setting off keeps the drive mounted, or so it says in the USB page.

I'm really enjoying the routers but if I can't get the USB to share to my network, then it's No-Go for me sadly. I'm not sure who is maintaining the Archer C9, if someone has that information, I'd love to communicate these issues with them and help them get worked out.

Hi are you getting good wifi speeds? like speedtest.net and transfer speeds on the AC band? Does it have a strong range as older tplink dual band have poor range
Sponsor
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrismallia wrote:
gaetawoo wrote:
I got two of these Archer C9's from Costco and loaded the 4/1/2015 DD-WRT beta on them both. One is the main router and the other is used as a wired access point. I haven't had a lot of time to test them, but signal coverage seems really good.

Issues:
1. I had to set my main router to get a static IP from the Ooma I have in front of it. On my Netgear router (with DD-WRT), I just let it auto dhcp, but that wouldn't work anymore on the new one, not sure why, but it worked once I set it statically.

2. The USB3 drive I have gets recognized by the router, and I can setup samba sharing, BUT NONE of my computers or devices can see the router or the shared drive as a share on the network. I've tried rebooting, unplugging, everything. Everything acts like there is nothing shared from my router.

3. I set the "SES button unmounts drives" to enable and the router will NOT keep a drive mounted, even when I press nothing at all. I'll plug one in, watch it mount, and a couple seconds later it unmounts and stays that way. Turning that setting off keeps the drive mounted, or so it says in the USB page.

I'm really enjoying the routers but if I can't get the USB to share to my network, then it's No-Go for me sadly. I'm not sure who is maintaining the Archer C9, if someone has that information, I'd love to communicate these issues with them and help them get worked out.

Hi are you getting good wifi speeds? like speedtest.net and transfer speeds on the AC band? Does it have a strong range as older tplink dual band have poor range

from my usage, the range is better than my ac1450 netgear and r6700 netgear combined (i have two archer c9's) and I can get 5ghz signal solidly where I was just on the edge before. I also like that I could install more powerful antennae if i want. transfer speeds seem typical (fast).

again, main problem is that USB samba sharing does not work what-so-ever. I'm still on April 1 build, so maybe in later ones it's been fixed.
DesperateForAJob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaetawoo wrote:
from my usage, the range is better than my ac1450 netgear and r6700 netgear combined (i have two archer c9's) and I can get 5ghz signal solidly where I was just on the edge before. I also like that I could install more powerful antennae if i want. transfer speeds seem typical (fast).

again, main problem is that USB samba sharing does not work what-so-ever. I'm still on April 1 build, so maybe in later ones it's been fixed.

Hi,
Any update on your experience with a more recent build?
I'm very interested in flashing my new C9, but would need to mount a drive on the router as well (through Samba probably).

Thanks for your feedback!
xpresservers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 14:11    Post subject: Stuck Reply with quote
I am stuck now...... no way to revert back to stock firmware. Even flashed many times but it is not doing anything. How i can get stock firmware back for TP-Link Archer C9 ?
hoarybat61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just picked up the archer C9 and the TP link firmware is horrible especially on scheduling wifi. looked here for something better but looks like they don't have the kinks out of it yet. Think I will wait cuz I cant brick this $170 device. The range is twice as far as my former router and faster too with that dual core processor!
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
The range and speeds are fantastic. I'm going to try the May beta build soon. The only thing that didn't work before for me was the USB file sharing.
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, stability for April 1 build is spectacular. I have had ZERO reboots since loading that firmware. My two routers have uptimes of 30.5 days. I NEVER got that with my netgear routers using dd-wrt.

If only the USB sharing worked.
jasonrpoteet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
AC speeds for me were about the same speed as "802.11n". So max speed I was getting was ~100mb transfer speed :( before I updated the firmware I was getting at least 4x faster than that.

Also, I'm not able to reserve a static IP with the May 7th build. I've gone one by one to enter in the reserved IP under Services > services > staticIP area, and they look like they save, but then after i reboot the router and restart all the machines, they just get random DHCP IP addresses.

I havent tried the USB shared yet though.
mrombout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:01    Post subject: Re: Stuck Reply with quote
xpresservers wrote:
I am stuck now...... no way to revert back to stock firmware. Even flashed many times but it is not doing anything. How i can get stock firmware back for TP-Link Archer C9 ?

That is something i would like to know as well, since there is no Revert file for TP-Link Archer C9 available on http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Evil or Very Mad
mestresan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want back to stock ... please.. anyone have the firmware or how to do !?

Archer C9
SunnyP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am looking at installing the dd-wrt software but still have the tp-link firmware running (latest version). If someone gave me the steps to create a revert file then I'm happy to give it a shot.
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem I have at the moment is the latest 1.6.15 build wont accept a WPA2-PSK key of 8 ASCII characters???
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think that is true for WPA2-PSK for any router(that the password has to be greater than 12 characters).

Wep will let you use a smaller one but it;s less secure.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
i think that is true for WPA2-PSK for any router(that the password has to be greater than 12 characters).

Wep will let you use a smaller one but it;s less secure.

Well, I have used the same 8 character password on every router with WPA2-psk since it came out and there have been quite a few, as TP Link keep sending them to me to test.
It also worked ok in all the earlier builds.

I am also trying to get openvpn to work, without any success atm and while it may be me, I've been over it a few time and I can't find I'm doing anything wrong.

Wonder I anyone else has tried openvpn and got it to work?
gigman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
well the problems I was having have gone away with the latest builds.
The passwords work as they should and I got openvpn server working fine. I still have problems getting openvpn client working for some reason and I have been pushed for time, so I haven't tested much out, but most appears ok,

Still can't pick a wifi channel in either band is the only other thing I've noticed, always comes up as auto.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: