"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
great
Sponsor
Onemangang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:02    Post subject: Original config files backup Reply with quote
Hi Kong / Brainslayer.

Would it be possible that you backup the pstcfg and sysconfig files from that ea6400 and post them here?

Regards from Denmark
comegetme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am deliberating whether to get an EA6300 vs. an EA6400.

According to the tests on http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4636/linksys-ea6700-review-dual-core-high-end-ac-router , while the EA6400 outperforms on short distances (3m), the EA6300 is significantly better on the 2.4GHz band at 10m (30ft) distance, and somewhat better on the 5Gz band at 10m (30ft).

I read the relevant threads in this forum, and in particular this thread, and I understand both routers have almost the exact same hardware, except that the EA6400 has one more 5Ghz antenna, and thus supports AC1600 vs. AC1200 for the EA6300. In a single family house, I personally think the typical distance of clients to the router is 30ft not 10ft, and therefore the performance on 10ft - and what kind of nominal speeds they support theoretically AC1600 or AC1200 - is arguably pretty irrelevant.

I also note that the EA6300 needs about 0.5 to 1 Watt more than the EA6400 according to the review above.

My question is, how do you guys explain the huge discrepancy in performance in the 30ft range given that the two routers have almost identical hardware? Is it possible that the only difference is that they have different firmware where the EA6300 firmware supplies more power to the antennas, resulting in higher performance in the 30ft range? Could the transmission power be adjusted once we have a DD-WRT for these routers, leveling the difference in range between the EA6300 and EA6400?

On another note, according to http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5333/80211ac-routers-review-20-models-tested , the EA6700 and EA6900 appear to completely suck in many categories compared to the EA6300 and EA6400, despite the added hardware and nominal AC-xxx standard and significantly higher wattage, and higher cost, making them appear a little stupid and almost like total losers Wink
Captain_Rickie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I missed the fundraising drive or would have tossed in my bit. Thanks for those who contributed, I'd love to get a DD-WRT build for my router. Fingers crossed.

The Captain
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 20:11    Post subject: Re: Original config files backup Reply with quote
Onemangang wrote:
Hi Kong / Brainslayer.

Would it be possible that you backup the pstcfg and sysconfig files from that ea6400 and post them here?

Regards from Denmark

Just for your info, if the unit is shipped to DD-WRT company then it will not reach me. I don't work for them.
Onemangang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57    Post subject: Re: Original config files backup Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Onemangang wrote:
Hi Kong / Brainslayer.

Regards from Denmark

Just for your info, if the unit is shipped to DD-WRT company then it will not reach me. I don't work for them.

I did'nt know that.

Anyway, taken from Alexpp's previous post, the EA6400 router is sent to :
http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/tt.asp?p=00340433942575405228

On a personal note:

I did'nt mean to imply that I wanted you to make the port. I just assumed it might be you,
based on what someone else wrote in a previous post. And I don't prefer one build over the other.
For me it has always been about stability and a few key features that all builds have provided so far.

Thank you for all you good work.

Regards from Denmark
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:08    Post subject: Re: Original config files backup Reply with quote
Onemangang wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

I didn't know that.

Anyway, taken from Alexpp's previous post, the EA6400 router is sent to :
http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/tt.asp?p=00340433942575405228

The tracking info says it was given to Mr. Hiegele. I wonder when will it be handed over to BrainSlayer...
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw who is Mr. Hiegele? sameone from ddwrt team?
CGA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I sincerely hope we're not having an ooops moment here.
dr_dre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's the right one Smile
Sebastian Gottschall / CTO NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT Firmensitz: Berliner Ring 101
ossus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:54    Post subject: EA63000 Reply with quote
Hey Dudes!

I got an EA6300 with ddwrt however i got a few difficulties to get it work and some features not work or restarts the router , but most of them are excellent. Very rarely i experienced strange behavior but it is quite stable considering it runs an asus firmware.

Unfortunately i got two firmwares and i use the current but the other one was far more excellent, but i forgot the name of that and no copy on the laptop of me.

I got a little experience with openwrt-ddwrt , i was the first to cross compile and use usb-redirector, used it on wl520gc and one 520GU , but never published to the community , i compled some versions of openwrt firmware too , now i working with tp-wr703n, so got serial port experience (i mean tampering with startup stuff) .

Now i plan to help you but i don't know if this EA6300 effort still exists.

But if you have some questions of it i can post any data config file dump or anything you want.

I got the first post on forum - YUPPE! Smile
CobraSpaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Re: EA63000 Reply with quote
ossus wrote:
Hey Dudes!

Now i plan to help you but i don't know if this EA6300 effort still exists.

If you would have read the rest of this thread, you would know the answer.

ossus wrote:

I got the first post on forum - YUPPE! Smile

If by "first post" you mean 286th, and by forum you mean thread. Then I guess you did.
ossus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 21:34    Post subject: Re: EA63000 Reply with quote
CobraSpaz wrote:

If you would have read the rest of this thread, you would know the answer.

If you would have read the rest of this thread, you would know that there is no answer for that , whats more it is not clear. Again, is it still wip or not the only aswerer so far does not know anything?

CobraSpaz wrote:

If by "first post" you mean 286th, and by forum you mean thread. Then I guess you did.

If you would possess the ability to understand the very first post of me on this forum , you would not be dissapointed .

But wait! i help you ! I made the FIRST ! post on this forum as the previous, not the 286th , 1st....... 1!=286 , got it?
An by forum i mean forum, it is a collection of threads, and thoose are collections of posts. Now do you understand its structure?

I made the first post on this forum , and now the second! YUPPE!!! Very Happy
CobraSpaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 21:48    Post subject: Re: EA63000 Reply with quote
ossus wrote:

If you would have read the rest of this thread, you would know that there is no answer for that , whats more it is not clear. Again, is it still wip or not the only aswerer so far does not know anything?

This thread is about the ea6300v1 which is not the same as the ea6300. The v1 was shipped with the same hardware as the ea6400.

So hopefully the ea6300 you have is a v1, otherwise this thread is not about your hardware.

As far as the question of no answer for what the status of this project is, the previous two pages of this thread will show that an ea6400 was purchased and shipped to one of the DD-WRT developers in order to begin development on a DD-WRT port. Therefore the status is quite clear.

This is why it appeared that you entered a forum clueless and thought you had the first post, also you said "I made the first post" not "I made MY first post".

Anyways, I hope this helps you understand the status of this project better.

I was annoyed that you popped in out of nowhere, and seemed to have not read a single bit of this thread before posting. Therefore my first reply was a bit rude.

I apologize for my rude first reply.
eline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 16:58    Post subject: "EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360 Reply with quote
hi,
looks like there's moving something ...

Smile
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/20280

https://dev.openwrt.org/timeline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: