RT-AC66U "Invalid argument" when mounting USB driv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Gadfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:28    Post subject: RT-AC66U "Invalid argument" when mounting USB driv Reply with quote
I was running 25544 and Yamon2 using an external USB drive and everything was working but was having stability problems so decided to upgrade/downgrade to version that was more reliable.

Since replacing that version I have been unable to get a drive to mount; the mount command always returns "Invalid argument".

- I've tried versions 23503, 27506 22118 and (reinstalled) 25544.
- I've tried 4 different USB drives with ext3 and fat partitions, all of which work in Win7 (with an ext driver).
- tons of 30/30/30s
- I have activated USB support in the GUI.
- the "disk info" shows either nothing or no drive specific info and automount doesn't work either.
- The original Asus firmware allows the drives to mount without issue (verifying the router hardware).
- fdisk -l shows accurate data regarding the drive.
- I've dug around the web and of course here but haven't been able to find anything that seems similar.

Any suggestions while I still have a few strands of hair left?
Sponsor
Gadfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:50    Post subject: Hours later and it's working? Reply with quote
Yes, but why?

Got up this morning and gave it another try and now it works.

I had left the router running 22118 without USB support activated. As soon as I activated it, the usb drive automounted on /opt (desired behavior) even though I had left the automount field blank in the gui (probably because the drive name is "opt"(?) ).

dmesg also spit out this when I ran e2fsck:

EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem without journal. Opts: (null)
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 8
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 1
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error<3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 16
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 2
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 24
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 3
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 32
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 4
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 40
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 5
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 48
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 6
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error<3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 56
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 7
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 64
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 8
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error<3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock2, sector 72
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock2, logical block 9
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error
__nand_correct_data: uncorrectable ECC error<6>EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem without journal. Opts: (null)

Do I perhaps have some defective ram in the router?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router always have memory errors.
Gadfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
This router always have memory errors.

Yeah, I think I'm starting to see that in the forums.

I wonder if they are "fake" errors or is the memory really defective?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you name your usb volumes to opt and or jffs dd-wrt will automount them.

If my usb were to give me those errors I would replace it.

Dave

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Gadfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
If you name your usb volumes to opt and or jffs dd-wrt will automount them.

Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that was the reason I named it that.
Cool feature.

ddaniel51 wrote:

If my usb were to give me those errors I would replace it.

Are you saying these are errors form the USB memory? I thought mtdblock2 was the router internal memory.

I see I'm not getting them now - since a reboot about 20 minutes ago - are at least they're not in dmesg anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: