tplink-wdr3500 change from std to a vpn build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Chuffy2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 14:26    Post subject: tplink-wdr3500 change from std to a vpn build Reply with quote
I am currently running latest build from the ftp (thank you!) on wdr3500 v1.3 and all seems fine. However, it is std build and ideally I want to run a build with the openvpn function. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 15:39    Post subject: Re: tplink-wdr3500 change from std to a vpn build Reply with quote
Chuffy2 wrote:
I am currently running latest build from the ftp (thank you!) on wdr3500 v1.3 and all seems fine. However, it is std build and ideally I want to run a build with the openvpn function. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any advice.

There is just the one build flavor for it and with its 8 MB flash you will be limited .....
Chuffy2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Wishful thinking from my side I guess Very Happy. I use the VPNsmall on Linksys E1000's 4mb flash, so was holding out hope for a similar solution for the 3500. No probs though - thanks again.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm,
did you bother to check in the ddwrt gui under the vpn tab?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did, yes. I use the router to run Astrill vpn service though, which I believe requires the openvpn feature in dd-wrt, not included in std version. Thanks though.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pls describe what you have under the vpn tab.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect I am going to eat plenty of that left over humble pie from thanksgiving! Embarassed PPTP Server, PPTP Client, OpenVPN Daemon and OpenVPN Client options; all disabled. I should enable client and give it a shot, right? Embarassed
nerdrocker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chuffy2 wrote:
I suspect I am going to eat plenty of that left over humble pie from thanksgiving! Embarassed PPTP Server, PPTP Client, OpenVPN Daemon and OpenVPN Client options; all disabled. I should enable client and give it a shot, right? Embarassed

Did it work for you? I set everything up and enabled it, but on the openVPN status page there is nothing under state/status and only what I put it in the settings under client log.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: