Looking for a cheap new router! (NL / Amazone)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
smiba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Looking for a cheap new router! (NL / Amazone) Reply with quote
So i'm sitting here next to my elderly WRT54G, and its starting to become slow and freezes almost every week atleast once. So its time to get a nice replacement. I'm looking for something between $15-30 to get a bit more speed. Most of the problems currently is because the ram is always full, so atleast 16 or 32MB would be nice.

Oh, and please check if its possible to ship it to The Netherlands if buying from amazone.co.uk.

Thanks a lot!
Sponsor
Jamr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
New here but saw this older post. Looks like the router is now 28$
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=229135

Good luck
smiba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't ship it to The Netherlands though Sad
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not especially familiar with shipping to NL, but if eBay is an option, the d-link dir-862l can be found pretty cheap on there. I just got a used one in good shape for <$20. It has a 720mhz processor and 128mb ram. It also gets some extra features, as it has 16mb flash. If that isn't an option, I'd recommend increasing your budget slightly. A router isn't something people typically buy often, and the budget devices typically have quite a few compromises.

For ~$45, I'm a big fan of the TP-Link tl-wr1043nd v2. Its n450, has a 720mhz processor, 64mb ram, 8mb flash, and a usb2 port.

Outside of that, take a look at the supported devices list, as it'll tell processor speed, ram, and flash for any supported device. I always recommend 8mb as a minimum for flash, as a lot of features get cut out on 4mb builds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: