Linksys Cisco E1200 Version 2 DD-WRT Supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
bishophunks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42    Post subject: Linksys E1200v2 Reply with quote
Hi,

Good day, i just want to ask about my linksys e1200v2.
why it says that my RATE is 150mbps only and sometimes it will becaome 300mbps,but when i check the specification it says 300mbps. is there anyway to configure full the rate to 300mbps? This router is configuring as a REPEATER.

Router model: Linksys e1200v2
firmware:DD-WRT v3.0-r27858 mega (09/28/15)

Please see attached file

Thanks and regards,
bishophunks
(newbie)
Sponsor
bishophunks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:54    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1200v2 Reply with quote
Good day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

just want to up this.. thank you so much. Very Happy

bishophunks wrote:
Hi,

why it says that my RATE is 150mbps only and sometimes it will becaome 300mbps,but when i check the specification it says 300mbps. is there anyway to configure full the rate to 300mbps? This router is configuring as a REPEATER.

Please see attached file

Thanks and regards,
bishophunks
(newbie)
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
My rate display changes depending on which devices are active.
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
bishophunks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
My rate display changes depending on which devices are active.

which devices?i have only one desktop and one iphone connected. When i view my router via desktop it shows sometimes 135mpbs, 144mbp or 150mbps rate, rare is 300mbps SadSad
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 16:21    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1200v2 Reply with quote
bishophunks wrote:

bishophunks wrote:
Hi,

Please see attached file

Thanks and regards,
bishophunks
(newbie)

If device is not moved and you have 30+ signal and no interference from other radios/frequency it should keep stable rate.
Try TX power set to 44 and change network wireless to NG Mixed.
bishophunks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:18    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1200v2 Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
bishophunks wrote:

bishophunks wrote:
Hi,

Please see attached file

Thanks and regards,
bishophunks
(newbie)

If device is not moved and you have 30+ signal and no interference from other radios/frequency it should keep stable rate.
Try TX power set to 44 and change network wireless to NG Mixed.

i tried what you said but it seems no luck.. Sad
junrey1925
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone who tried the latest firmware:dd-wrt.v24-30260_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e1200v2?

what is the performance?

im still using dd-wrt.v24-27858_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e1200v2
apacheguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
junrey1925 wrote:
anyone who tried the latest firmware:dd-wrt.v24-30260_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e1200v2?

what is the performance?

im still using dd-wrt.v24-27858_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e1200v2

Yup, I've tried the latest August beta builds. Seem to work fine, but I get 10 mbps less on my cable modem downlink. Not sure why.
apacheguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
PSA: DO NOT load a k3x build to this router. It does not have the resources and download speeds will be limited among other things. Only use k2.6
americanninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:12    Post subject: Anyone having speed issues with openVPN on dd-wrt with PIA? Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the newer versions of the dd-wrt builds for improved speed with VPN services? Hoping someone can help me.

I have a PIA (private internet access) VPN account. When I connect directly with my PC using LT2P, I get good speeds. speedtest.net results with ping 152ms, 52.84Mbps down, 37.22Mbps up. However when I do the speedtest.net test when behind my Linksys E1200 v2 router with dd-wrt, the results are pathetic. It's ping 166ms, 1.76Mbps down, 2.77Mbps up. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I'm wondering how I can fix this. Is this just because of the router and it's ability to do the calculations for the OpenVPN? I saw this listed somewhere else online. The thing is the router doesn't appear to be maxed out. When looking at the dd-wrt status page, the router is only at 50% utilization. Basically my setup looks like this:

main router (Linksys E4200 router) -> secondary VPN router (Linksys E1200 v2 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/07/14) vpnkong - build 22000M) -> Laptop / AppleTV

I'm using PIA for the past year which is extremely stable and works great for watching US tv programs via the Apple TV. I'm doing this because I'm outside the US.

I have PIA configured on the DD-WRT router as openVPN.

So, I'd love some help here. Based on the fact that I can get blazing fast speeds of 55Mbps when connected to PIA's vpn service over my internet connection, it's obviously not an issue with their service, but rather with my Linksys E1200 router with DD-WRT. Perhaps it's the configuration I'm using for OpenVPN (not sure this is it, as it's the recommended settings and appears stable), the router itself (CPU can't handle things, so it's limited the bandwidth), or the firmware has some issues (and I should try something else).

Does anyone have any recommendation? Anyone using dd-wrt with PIA on this router and getting good speeds over VPN?

The appletv works, but the low speeds cause slow load times when downloading new apps, updating the device, and at the start of loading tv shows and movies, but other than that, it's working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:01    Post subject: Re: Anyone having speed issues with openVPN on dd-wrt with P Reply with quote
americanninja wrote:
Has anyone tried the newer versions of the dd-wrt builds for improved speed with VPN services? Hoping someone can help me.

I have a PIA (private internet access) VPN account. When I connect directly with my PC using LT2P, I get good speeds. speedtest.net results with ping 152ms, 52.84Mbps down, 37.22Mbps up. However when I do the speedtest.net test when behind my Linksys E1200 v2 router with dd-wrt, the results are pathetic. It's ping 166ms, 1.76Mbps down, 2.77Mbps up. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I'm wondering how I can fix this. Is this just because of the router and it's ability to do the calculations for the OpenVPN? I saw this listed somewhere else online. The thing is the router doesn't appear to be maxed out. When looking at the dd-wrt status page, the router is only at 50% utilization. Basically my setup looks like this:

main router (Linksys E4200 router) -> secondary VPN router (Linksys E1200 v2 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/07/14) vpnkong - build 22000M) -> Laptop / AppleTV

I'm using PIA for the past year which is extremely stable and works great for watching US tv programs via the Apple TV. I'm doing this because I'm outside the US.

I have PIA configured on the DD-WRT router as openVPN.

So, I'd love some help here. Based on the fact that I can get blazing fast speeds of 55Mbps when connected to PIA's vpn service over my internet connection, it's obviously not an issue with their service, but rather with my Linksys E1200 router with DD-WRT. Perhaps it's the configuration I'm using for OpenVPN (not sure this is it, as it's the recommended settings and appears stable), the router itself (CPU can't handle things, so it's limited the bandwidth), or the firmware has some issues (and I should try something else).

Does anyone have any recommendation? Anyone using dd-wrt with PIA on this router and getting good speeds over VPN?

The appletv works, but the low speeds cause slow load times when downloading new apps, updating the device, and at the start of loading tv shows and movies, but other than that, it's working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

You really need a much better router for what you're doing...
Probably No, a newer build will not help you.... but I do run an openVPN server on
the E1200v2 w/Shibby Tomato firmware that works very well for my needs.
Max speed I've ever seen thru its openVPN was 8.25 Mbps. Usually is around 6.5 ~ 7 Mbps.
This router is only used for this specific purpose. Wifi is turned off. It is nested within my network
and only used by me usually with the android phone to access network devices and throw files
around via SMB when I'm out about in the wild.... mostly small files or I would use something with a more powerful processor Smile
americanninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks mrjcd!

Actually, I just flashed my device with Tomato firmware and it appears to be a bit more stable. I explain below. But I am still getting poor speeds, around that 3Mbps mark. Sadly, slightly lower speeds than I was with DD-WRT. Seeing that you have the same router and the same firmware, any advice on how I can get it up to 8Mbps, I would be happy with just that.

I also tried using VyprVPN, but got the same results as my PIA VPN account. So I'm guessing it's a limitation of the router, as it only has a 300Mhz processor in it? Is this an accurate assessment? Just wondering if I should give up trying to get more out of it and just come to terms that the performance I am getting, is the best this thing can offer.

It's not the VPN service, as I can get 50Mbps or more over the connection when connecting to the VPN over L2TP on my mac book pro.

I am curious about this separate issue though. When I speedtest.net my connection when I am connected to my primary router, I get around ping 1ms, 63.65Mbps down, 45.90Mbps up. When I am connected to my secondary router - the E1200 (which is behind the primary router - E4200), I get speedtest results of 1ms ping, 18Mbps down/up. Which is substantially lower than what I get when connected to the primary router. The strange thing is, that's when the device is flashed with Tomato. When I was on DD-WRT, the speed was even worse. Around 11ms ping, 11Mbps down, 12Mbps up.

Any idea why I am getting those results?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
americanninja,
I'm setup kinda similar but I'm only running openVPN server on router within my network.
It is still behind ea8500 main router connected to E1200v2 WAN port in gateway mode but most everything
on it is disabled but openVPN server setup as TUN. Its DNS is directed at main router which holds
static lease on all computers. I can get the 8 Mbps connected from the outside to any device within
my network. e.g. windows shares, local servers and such -- this is done with OpenVPN Client on android devices
using Total Cammander w/LAN plugin. Since my openVPN server is still a TUN I can access any share
device by its name.mylocaldomain

Just done a test from droid turbo over verizon cell network VPN thru home network to testmy.net and can get only 6.5 Mbps
Testing again thru cell network without going thru my VPN I get 24 Mbps

OpenVPN is processor intensive and you might could squeeze out an extra Mbps changing some settings or
authentication options but you likely can't do that connected to a VPN service --- I don't use them but assume
you are at their mercy as to how it connects.

YOU REALLY NEED to get a better router ... might as well get one that will hold up for long time..... something
like the EA8500 Smile ... I don't run openVPN on mine cause I'm always changing it around but have set it up before and it
runs very well. I just keep the openVPN server running on old tomato E1200v2 cause its stable and it's always there when I need it.

EDIT:
You could just setup the openVPN on the E4200 and you can get a better performance. Do some study on how to route
what you want thru VPN and leave other clients out ... or ask the gurus in the advanced networking forum.

good luck
americanninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
THanks mrjcd for the quick response! It was very helpful and educational. Yes, indeed, I was thinking to just use my E4200. I had it on dd-wrt before but it was very unstable and the network speeds were poor over 5ghz wifi for some reason. When I went back to stock firmware, I was getting 68Mbps vs 25 or something. That's all I can remember. But maybe I should give it a try again.

It supports 2 Wifi points to connect, so I was gonna use it that way in the beginning and have all vpn traffic on one and non vpn on the other. (ie the 5ghz and the 2.4ghz wifi).

I'll look into that, but I'm gonna take your advice and look into getting another more powerful router.

I'm curious though, as if it were a processor issue, wouldn't I see the CPU maxing out?

When the router isn't being used for anything, I run a speedtest.net test on the connection, which results with something around 3.5Mbps/4.2Mbps up and down. But when looking at Tomato CPU stats while performing the test, it's this:

Time Mon, 02 Jan 2017 03:01:24 +0900
Uptime 0 days, 06:11:05
CPU Load (1 / 5 / 15 mins) 0.21 / 0.06 / 0.02
Total / Free Memory 27.99 MB / 17.27 MB (61.68%)
Total / Free NVRAM 64.00 KB / 38.21 KB (59.71%)

So I would assume it would be around CPU load of 90% or something if the speed was maxing out because the router couldn't keep up. Or am I just misunderstanding this?

Thanks!
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
americanninja wrote:
THanks mrjcd for the quick response! It was very helpful and educational. Yes, indeed, I was thinking to just use my E4200. I had it on dd-wrt before but it was very unstable and the network speeds were poor over 5ghz wifi for some reason. When I went back to stock firmware, I was getting 68Mbps vs 25 or something. That's all I can remember. But maybe I should give it a try again.

It supports 2 Wifi points to connect, so I was gonna use it that way in the beginning and have all vpn traffic on one and non vpn on the other. (ie the 5ghz and the 2.4ghz wifi).

I'll look into that, but I'm gonna take your advice and look into getting another more powerful router.

I'm curious though, as if it were a processor issue, wouldn't I see the CPU maxing out?

When the router isn't being used for anything, I run a speedtest.net test on the connection, which results with something around 3.5Mbps/4.2Mbps up and down. But when looking at Tomato CPU stats while performing the test, it's this:

Time Mon, 02 Jan 2017 03:01:24 +0900
Uptime 0 days, 06:11:05
CPU Load (1 / 5 / 15 mins) 0.21 / 0.06 / 0.02
Total / Free Memory 27.99 MB / 17.27 MB (61.68%)
Total / Free NVRAM 64.00 KB / 38.21 KB (59.71%)

So I would assume it would be around CPU load of 90% or something if the speed was maxing out because the router couldn't keep up. Or am I just misunderstanding this?

Thanks!

Tomato has some inaccurate output about CPU usage.
Prolly need to get into the CLI to see exactly what she is doing.
BTW, Shibby Tomato has builds for the E4200 -- likely an easy openVPN setup -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: