wndr3700v2 ddwrt sp2 build 19342 SLOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
wildelmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 19:19    Post subject: wndr3700v2 ddwrt sp2 build 19342 SLOW Reply with quote
Upgraded my DD-WRT from sp2 build 17201 to build 19342. 1st tried the webflash. Bricked it... fixed... then tftp'd it.

Upgrade to 19342 took.. everything looked fine.. then very slow performance. My 50down/15up Mbps connection was running 4down/.07up Mbps.

Had to revert back to 17201... my speed is back to normal.

I wanted to upgrade because of problems. WiFi kept losing internet connection. Weird... could ping the router.. but not access the internet sites (even by IP). The LAN connection from my desktop would continue to work thougth.

Rebooting router would fix this.. then a few days later... same problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have u been webflashing without erasing data ? If yes than do it again with erasing data (Reset to default settings)
wildelmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I was able to upgrade by reseting using the pin button on bottom, then TFTP the wndr3700v2-factory_NA.img (19342 non webflash.bin).

Everything looked fine, but my internet performanc on my 50Mbps link ran like crap.

Had to revert back 17201.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
17201 is a pre-ath9k build, which i have also noticed with the newer ath9k builds that the signal is stronger but is more 'jittery' as it reports in inSSIDer, hence is a tad bit slower due to the jitter.

Best advice i could give is just to be patient with newer builds as the ath9k switch from the older drivers happened recently and it should take a little time for the devs to adjust for this. Also, supposedly work is being put into ath9k to help improve it, so hopefully this will help as well.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
wildelmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah... the problem with the 17201 isn't too bad.. I setup a job to reboot the router every few days.

The 19342 was slow over LAN and WIFI... guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks for the responses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: