[Netgear WNR2000v3] YouTube/game updates disconnect WiFi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
octiceps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 22:32    Post subject: [Netgear WNR2000v3] YouTube/game updates disconnect WiFi. Reply with quote
Hello all,

I've got a Netgear WNR2000v3 router which I recently flashed to DD-WRT v24 SP1 successfully. This router uses the Atheros AR7241 CPU @ 400 MHz with 32MB RAM and 4MB flash. I mainly flashed it so that I could adjust the IP Filter Settings. I used to get disconnected constantly while playing online games through WiFi because refreshing the server browsers a few times would overload the NAT table on my router and disconnect my laptop from the network. Since flashing to DD-WRT and increasing my maximum ports as well as substantially lowering my TCP and UDP timeout values, I no longer disconnect while playing games.

However, now my laptop will randomly disconnect after a variable period of time. It doesn't matter what I'm actually doing on the network, but certain activities will cause me to lose connection faster than others. I drop out much faster if I do something bandwidth intensive or receive a large amount of data in a short period of time. The worst culprits are streaming several HD YouTube videos consecutively or downloading a large game update through Steam. These two activities are almost guaranteed to drop my connection immediately. Otherwise, I will lose connection after a few hours of general Web browsing or gaming. If I reset the WLAN on my laptop, then I can get a connected again. I think this might be caused by some changes I made to my wireless settings and/or IP filter settings because this problem didn't happen on my stock firmware. These are my current settings:

If you guys could point out what could possibly be causing these disconnections and what I need to change, I would greatly appreciate it. Very Happy

P.S. I don't think this is caused by channel interference, bad wireless card, or bad drivers. The disconnects happen regardless of what wireless channel I use, but I use channel 11 because, according to inSSIDer, there is much less traffic on it in my area. Also, the fact that this didn't happen on stock firmware rules out bad wireless card or drivers. My wireless card is the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN w/WiMax. WiMax is not enabled and Intel ProSet Wireless Software is not installed. I am only using the bare minimum Intel WiFi drivers.

Last edited by octiceps on Sat Jul 14, 2012 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
upgrade 1st

Upgrade to what? I'm already running the latest stable version for my particular router, which is v24 SP1.

EDIT: Just checked and I'm actually using v24 SP2. Thread seems dead; would greatly appreciate it if anybody can offer suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: