FON NEW KERNEL >= 2.6.21.1 SPECIAL FLASH METHOD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
meltyblood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Packet injection works. You can test it with the test function in aireplay or better yet use "m0 ", "mdk3 ath[x] b". If you have a canary wireless device or kismet running on another computer (or router, it's in the cifs package by the way), you'll see scores of random access points. This is why the special madwifi driver was so important. Make sure the nls-base package is installed for cifs, followed by a reboot (it's in the cifs package now)
You can use "mountmmc" and "umountmmc" to mount and unmount mmc cards. According to John, removing them when the driver is loaded is a pain, and removing the driver via "rmmod mmc_drv" causes a kernel panic. He said he would eventuallly get around to fixing that.

If you are having trouble mounting, make sure the SD card is formatted to fat (if you are using it in windows you can be sure this is already the case) or if you want to use a different filesystem on the card, install the one of your choice from the CIFS package.
I have a 2100 with an SD card attached. I will reload the driver in a few minutes to confirm. --Yep, the driver is fine, I just tried the same one from my post that you did.

Here is a heavily compressed image of the SD mod for the fon2100

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/DDWRTmeltyblood/IM000335.jpg

Posted below is a second 2100 SD driver that lets you hook up SD1 to GND to save GPIO7 for better things, like buttons.

Last edited by meltyblood on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:49; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
delirium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
just a quick question from a n00b

I installed your custom openwrt version with the new flashloader but I wasn't able to ssh or telnet or access from browser. using 192.168.1.1, do you have it set to a diff ip or am I doing something wrong. I'm about to flash dd-wrt and then reflash your openwrt just to make sure, I'm sure it's something I've done wrong

thanks! I really appreciate your work
meltyblood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I set it up for automatic DHCP. Your primary router gives it an IP address. Check that router to see what it is. You can change this behavior. Use Putty, an external program, for SSHing in. The first time you can telnet in and set a password ("passwd" command), but after that you must use SSH for security.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
@delirium

I had the same problem, so I reset the router by pressing the reset button for about 2 mins (exactly 2 mins to be sure).

Then I just logged in to web interface with the IP you just quoted.

Hop that helps.

Regards

Slam
delirium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks I'll go try that, I still had it connected to just the flashing computer, no DHCP server

edit: yeah dhcp was the problem, but now everything works! thanks alot!
delirium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been reading through the dnsmasq faq and such but I can't manage to figure out how to get the fonera to hand out it's own DHCP ip's to wifi clients and let them on the internet, but still accept a DHCP ip on it's WAN/LAN port. would I need to unbridge and use routing somehow?
ccbiker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
nils27 wrote:
....and I did my first tries with your openWRT packages. Got it installed with the auto patch program from Freifunk. That worked like a charm Wink
The aircrack suite is at least able to start. Haven't yet tried packet injection though.

My question:
After installing your CIFS packaged I wasn't able to mount stuff. Error message:
Code:
mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

Any ideas?

Speaking of the SD card thingy. Has anyone a good and brief installation instruction for the soldering part, the driver part etc. on openWRT?

Thanks guys.

Do you have "kmod-nls-base.............ipk" installed for your kernel?
Not having that was a problem for me mounting a windows share, so make sure you installed that, cifsmount, and kmod-fs-cifs. Beyond that I can't help you much (sorry).
meltyblood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
SAVING ROOM, POST TRUNCATED

Last edited by meltyblood on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:48; edited 1 time in total
delirium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks I tried that, but it still seems to be giving out DHCP from my server on the lan rather than a seperate wifi dhcp pool. When I disconnect the lan cable it no longer serves out IPs. My intent is so that my AP can be portable, I can plug it into any wan/router and it will receive DHCP from it then provide a wireless network hidden with NAT, but also when not connected to a wan it will still give out ip's so to create a network.

Thanks, I really appreciate it
meltyblood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whitewiz, what SD cards are you using and how exact did you hook-up the card. Tell me pin-for-pin verbatim. Make sure the orientation is correct.
Make sure you install the dependencies again, from the shell. Unless there is a button for a particular package, do not install packages from the webif. SSH or serial in and use the shell. Telnet only works the first time when you have not yet set a password.

Last edited by meltyblood on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:47; edited 13 times in total
whitewiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried both mmc drivers for FON2100, i have tried it on different Fon's and i have checked all the soldering with a multimeter and found no faults, but it still wont work.

It can't possibly be that i have 3 unsupported Sd-cards?
delirium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I eagerly await rev4
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
just a small comment about the dd-wrt kernel version. i will not merge yet to 2.6.21, but to 2.6.22 as far as its final. otherwise i had to port all my kernel versions with all the dd-wrt versions every month and from my experiences not all kernel versions are perfectly stable. so i will stay on 2.6.20 since i have good experiences with it and wait for 2.6.22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stability is certainly a factor with kernels. Looks like they might match when DD-WRT reaches 2.6.22.xx (DD-WRT and OpenWRT). Hopefully by then the filesystem will be open.

I am finished with Rev 4. I'm just testing it now.--Done. Posted in zip file in place of the older Rev 3. Check the first page of this thread. NOW A SPECIAL .GZ FILE FOR THE MERAKI MINI HAS BEEN INCLUDED (use that instead of the lzma if you have a meraki mini). This firmware should work with all Atheros SoC routers that are at least similar in hardware configuration. Wireless is on from the start this time. You can attach wirelessly (DHCP bug fixed) or connect it to a router with a cable and connect over that. Both the DHCP assigned address (from the router) and 192.168.1.1 will work. Do not connect your PC to the WAN port (currently set to WAN, use wireless or attach the fonera to another router). CIFs with easy, multi-mount scripts has been included in the firmware. You can now mount networking shares on your PC and transfer files and packages back and forth with ridiculous speed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent! I have rev4 up and running on one of my fons!

It has successfuly gotten a DHCP ip (192.168.1.90) from my router (192.168.1.1) and has given out an ip from it's own DHCP pool to a computer on it's WLAN (192.168.1.77)

however I cannot access the internet from the WLAN client or ping/login to the fonera over the wired connection. Is this because the WLAN is using 192.168.1.1 and this is also my router address?

Thanks! your work is excellent!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 16
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: