CFE collection Project & FTP Site - Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
mistera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:54    Post subject: European R7000 Reply with quote
Hi,

I believe the CFE of my R7000 is corrupt.
Can I restore it using one of the CFE files posted here some time ago? My unit is European, the two files uploaded are North American and Pacific region.

Also: is there a howto somewhere I can follow to restore my CFE?

Best regards,
Jan
Sponsor
mistera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29    Post subject: Got it working Reply with quote
Got my R7000 working again. I flashed the Pacific version since that has the 1.0.22 version.

Shame that the Vortex firmwares mess things up and corrupt some settings. Anyways dd-wrt rocks for the moment on the unit. Getting way better throughput.
endre.minarik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 18:25    Post subject: Asus RT-N12D1 cfe dump Reply with quote
Can anyone help me?

I've hard bricked my rt-n12d1 and I need a cfe.bin dump. It's totally frozen, no network, all led lighting (excluding wifi), resetting does not work, no any response.
I'll try a serial flash with raspberry and openocd from scratch.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 21:32    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-N12D1 cfe dump Reply with quote
endre.minarik wrote:
Can anyone help me?

I've hard bricked my rt-n12d1 and I need a cfe.bin dump. It's totally frozen, no network, all led lighting (excluding wifi), resetting does not work, no any response.

Do you have any output over serial? How do you know you need the cfe? ASUS routers have a recovery mode.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rt-n12d1 has a 4 pin serial port (rxd, txd, gnd, vcc) called J4 on the board and I want to use that. (https://wikidevi.com/w/images/1/1a/RT-N12Board.jpg)
I've tried standard Asus firmware recovery process to load firmware via tftp(reset and wait for slow blinking power led) but no eth link and nothing happen except lan and power leds lighting anything I do. I think cfe is damaged and it cannot turn router to standard recovery mode.
It is recommended to make a cfe dump at a working state but I unfortunately missed it. This router has a BCM5357C0 chip and I haven't found a suitable cfe.bin yet.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
By the way, when do attempt it, don’t use the 3.3v pin. Only ground, tx and rx.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your response
Until I don't have a suitable cfe it's no sense to try flash anything. But my dd-wrt firmware can be used only after I can bring my router to a recovery mode. Actually this device is a garbage
But why do you not advise 3.3V Vcc to use?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because you aren’t supposed to, you can fry the router. Google dd-wrt serial recovery.

You can still get the serial connection going. That way you can see if you really need a cfe.
If it boots to a certain point you may be able to to stop he cfe and get the recovery process working.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I've read dd-wrt serial recovery description and there's written only 3 pin (tx, rx, gnd) have to use for flashing without any explanation. Of course I don't want to fry my board if there's any chance to rescue it.
If I unterstand you, my cfe may work properly until a certain point of boot process and probably I don't have to replace it? When I break cfe boot at power up I can receive a cfe prompt for recovery commands on serial?
Ashalon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to login to gakinaction.ddns.net anonymously to retrieve a cfe but I am getting denied. This is the first time I have attempted the ftp site for a cfe (well 6-7 tries over the last hour or so). Could someone help me out here? Located in the U.S. if that matters any.

I'm searching for an old cfe for a wrt54gs v5 and was just hoping to find it as I have searched threads and couldn't find it anywhere except for a reference to it from redhawk0 was going to fix it for and decadude looking for it too 10 years ago.

Actually, I'm not new here, I just haven't been around for a very long time. I couldn't remember my password or retrieve it because I didn't have access to that email address anymore etc...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only thing I can think of is that @Gameman Advanced Kid's ftp site is not allowing anon logins or it's down. Would be nice to have a backup of those files to put elsewhere.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
endre.minarik wrote:
Can anyone help me?

Since imma just goofin ... anyways I plugged my ol RT-N12D1 and gathered up its junk.
Oh yea... it had tomato firmware but I installed the old dd-wrt r25974 before I went poking at it Razz
Maybe you can fix yours ----> 'Looky Here'
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ashalon wrote:
I'm searching for an old cfe for a wrt54gs v5

Give me a little while and I'll get you one......iffin I can find out where I put the ol WRT54GSv5 Twisted Evil

####

EDIT: alright then looky ---> 'HERE'
There is all sorts of old wrt54Gv5, GSv5 junk in that directory.
I just put in the 'CFE' directory ... so that is where you should find what you looky for.

good luck Cool
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Only thing I can think of is that @Gameman Advanced Kid's ftp site is not allowing anon logins or it's down. Would be nice to have a backup of those files to put elsewhere.

Pretty much. Trying to get it back up asap

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
Ashalon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks mrjcd. I found this thing and when I put it away it was fine. I believe I was running an extremely old micro but I know that it was nowhere near those version numbers I see available now. Anyhow, I have a flashing power light so I'm going with the assumption of the cfe somehow getting nutty on me unless there are any suggestions out there. I know It was working when I boxed it up, I had replaced it (finally) with an N router at the time which is now a repeater and I have a dead spot in my basement and figured maybe I could resurrect this one for fun.

If you have any suggestions I would be open to before soldering and pulling out the old jtag cable. If I even remember this stuff anymore.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: