Netgear WNR2000 v3 Quesiton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Baalzaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you absolutely sure it is a WNR2000v3? There is also a v1 and v2
Sponsor
magdiel1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Baalzaman wrote:
Are you absolutely sure it is a WNR2000v3? There is also a v1 and v2

Yes, I am absoultely sure.. that's what it says on the top right corner and it also says on the sticker on the back of the router.
Baalzaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, download the following:

http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/05-27-2014-r24160/netgear-wnr2000v3/wnr2000v3-factory_WW.img

Or if you are in the USA download the following:

http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/05-27-2014-r24160/netgear-wnr2000v3/wnr2000v3-factory_NA.img

See if that works.

Also what firmware revision is currently on your router? Another issue is with the recent versions of the netgear firmware that is preventing successful flashes. Downgrade via TFTP to a old version (I used firmware version 1.0.1.26 (NA and WW Users) which can be obtained here:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNR2000v3#searchResults
magdiel1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok.. cool. I will try that.. I currently have the lastest version 1.1.2.10 - thanks.. I will see how that works out.

Also.. how come I am not being notified when someone replies to my post? - there's a check on "Nofity me when a reply is posted".. but I dont get anything.. I just come back from time to time to check on it.
8064r7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
magdiel1975 wrote:
I just tried flashing the factory_WW.img and it told me the image Im tryin to flash is not compatible with my device.. I have WNR2000v3.

Downgrade your router with the official Netgear firmware 1.0.1.26 (the initial release on the support website) via TFTP.

Download the "factory NA/WW" DD-WRT of whichever release you are wanting to try that is for the WNR2000v3. Flash this from the Netgear WebGUI under the router upgrade tab.

Enjoy the stub DD-WRT. I haven't had any trouble with sticking with it over a full flash, just remember that this router doesn't do SSH so it won't have anything for its VPN tab.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm currently on dd-wrt 18777 as a client bridge wireless (routeod) and my problem is it will randomly startup with a different wireless mac each time.

can someone on the newer dd-wrt version test the client wireless ap bridge option and tell me what version of theirs maintains the mac address after a shutdown (power off for 30 seconds) and restart.

Thanks.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
8064r7 wrote:
magdiel1975 wrote:
I just tried flashing the factory_WW.img and it told me the image Im tryin to flash is not compatible with my device.. I have WNR2000v3.

Downgrade your router with the official Netgear firmware 1.0.1.26 (the initial release on the support website) via TFTP.

Download the "factory NA/WW" DD-WRT of whichever release you are wanting to try that is for the WNR2000v3. Flash this from the Netgear WebGUI under the router upgrade tab.

Enjoy the stub DD-WRT. I haven't had any trouble with sticking with it over a full flash, just remember that this router doesn't do SSH so it won't have anything for its VPN tab.

I use the shrink firmware now ,the shrink firmware include vpn function
If anyone want the shrink firmware leave your email address I will send it to you
The firmware version is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/14) std build 24160
sticke4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03    Post subject: Failed to Revert to Older firmware Reply with quote
This ended up being a little long so TLDR: I followed the steps from this thread to downgrade. The TFTP client said the transfer worked. The firmware never rebooted by itself even after 20 minutes. I manually rebooted and the router firmware was unchanged. Each subsequent trial resulted in the same. How do I downgrade the firmware?

Hey everyone, I am having trouble downgrading my WNR2000 v3 to the older netgear firmware. I have read the FAQs, Peacock thread, and the hardware specific threads, along with the first page of this post. I have also checked out the youtube videos that were posted on the second post.

For starters, I am running a windows 8.1 laptop and have a WNR 2000 v3 running 1.1.2.6 firmware.

Even after enabling TFTP in the add/remove windows features window and restarting a few times, TFTP is not recognized as an internal or external program in command prompt. As such I used the two other programs that are listed at this link http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash under the windows section.

I downloaded the netgear firmwares from this link http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNR2000v3#searchResults. I downloaded and tried 1.0.1.26 but when it failed I tried the next firmware up, 1.1.1.58.

I followed the hardware specific pages and did a 30/30/30 reset to get into recovery mode. I then used a the first GUI TFTP program listed on the wiki above and attempted to flash 1.0.1.26. Before doing so, I followed the steps and disabled my wireless card and inputting a static ip address for my ethernet card. The flash went successfully and there seemed to be some response from the router, as in the a different pattern of flashing for the power light and flashing for the number of the ethernet port that was connected to my laptop. The flashing only lasted as long as the transfer was going, maybe an indication that the upload from the TFTP program was working. Afterward the router continued flashing the green power light, even after 20 minutes had passed.

I thought something was wrong, so I turned off the power, and rebooted the router. After a bit of time, the router worked fine but was still in the 1.1.2.6 firmware. I tried using the other TFTP program and the other firmware multiple times, but all the times it never downgraded and remained at 1.1.2.6 even after waiting upwards of 20 minutes in each cycle.

Now as I try to do it, the TFTP program stalls on the erasing flash step even after 10 retries.

How can I solve this problem and successfully downgrade this router so that I can used DD-WRT with it?
Baalzaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ignore the whole 30/30/30 thing.

It's not widely published but the trick to a successful TFTP flash with this router is to press and hold the factory reset button for quite some time, around 40-50 seconds or so. The power LED should steadily blink green. Once it is doing this release the reset button.

Once this is happening the router is in recovery mode and is waiting for a TFTP flash.
sticke4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Baalzaman wrote:
Ignore the whole 30/30/30 thing.

It's not widely published but the trick to a successful TFTP flash with this router is to press and hold the factory reset button for quite some time, around 40-50 seconds or so. The power LED should steadily blink green. Once it is doing this release the reset button.

Once this is happening the router is in recovery mode and is waiting for a TFTP flash.

I tried this method, among others, to get into recovery mode and they were all successful. I have been able to get into recovery mode with the green light flashing.

When I try to flash the firmware using the TFTP program, during the flash the power led is blank and the port which I am connected to in the router blinks rapidly. Once the flash is finished, numerous guides have said that the lights should all turn off, then the router should reboot eventually. (or atleast some different pattern of lights than the green power led flashing).

My problem is that even after the flash, the router continues flashing the green power led. Today I recently tried using the cygwin tftp application, the tftp2.exe with the password entry filled in with "password" (without quotation), the tftp2.exe program with the password entry blank, and another computer that is running Windows 8.1 using the windows tftp application. In all instances my wireless network card was disabled and the Ethernet card was set to a static ip with the router using 192.168.1.1.

I followed the TFTP flash wiki on DD-WRT with the ping steps as well where I inputed ping -t 192.168.1.1 -t in a seperate command prompt window. As I am holding the reset button, but before the router fully enters recovery mode, I either get host unreachable or request timed out. Once the power led flashes green, the ping goes through with a TTL=64 suggesting that I am getting a connection to the router in recovery mode.

Regardless of what I have done, it seems like the older firmware that I am trying to flash to the router is not sticking. The router is not recognizing that I have flashed a firmware file and that it should use it and reboot.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build size for WNR2000v3 has been fixed in r26446 (webflash is now only 3593 kB, should fit the 4MB flash)
​ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/03-05-2015-r26446/netgear-wnr2000v3/

For your reference, here are the concerned tickets, now closed as fixed:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2945
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4020

Baalzaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Horay!
Baalzaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tested, confirmed working.
Saxis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying the r26446 and can't get the webflash to take.

Original wnr2000v3 firmware takes ok, factory-NA takes ok, but then the webflash just times out after about 10 minutes.

Also tried from telnet, but the router wouldn't even wget the bin, even though internet was working.

Any ideas?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saxis wrote:
I've been trying the r26446 and can't get the webflash to take.

Original wnr2000v3 firmware takes ok, factory-NA takes ok, but then the webflash just times out after about 10 minutes.

Also tried from telnet, but the router wouldn't even wget the bin, even though internet was working.

Any ideas?

From which DD-WRT build are you trying to webflash 26446 ? Did you do a reset beforehand ? I'd even do a 30/30/30, whatever others might say.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: