"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
spurdy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 16:28    Post subject: Downgrade via TFTP confirmed. Reply with quote
Hey all. Just wanted to chime in that I successfully downgraded a EA6400 from the official 1.1.40.176337 back to 1.1.40.160989 using the Linksys TFTP tool.

Standard setup: configured static IP (192.168.1.10) on computer, set up a terminal window with a continual ping to the router, got TFTP tool ready with the 1.1.40.160989 firmware, and then reset the router. As soon as I saw ttl=100 replies on the ping, I initiated the TFTP transfer.

It took two tries, but on the second one I got the timing correct and the router accepted the firmware.

I was ready to undertake setting up a serial interface if needed, but happily it looks like it's not the only option. Very Happy
Sponsor
Caple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 16:59    Post subject: Re: Downgrade via TFTP confirmed. Reply with quote
spurdy wrote:
Hey all. Just wanted to chime in that I successfully downgraded a EA6400 from the official 1.1.40.176337 back to 1.1.40.160989 using the Linksys TFTP tool.

Standard setup: configured static IP (192.168.1.10) on computer, set up a terminal window with a continual ping to the router, got TFTP tool ready with the 1.1.40.160989 firmware, and then reset the router. As soon as I saw ttl=100 replies on the ping, I initiated the TFTP transfer.

It took two tries, but on the second one I got the timing correct and the router accepted the firmware.

I was ready to undertake setting up a serial interface if needed, but happily it looks like it's not the only option. Very Happy

Cool. Mine's running fine for now.
Still need to do the temp fix, though.
Howied42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 16:27    Post subject: EA6300 Help Reply with quote
I just updated an EA6300 firmware with the r33257 version of DD-WRT.

I've been able to connect to it through open Security, but i have not been able to connect to it through any other security including WPA, WPA2, or WEP.

Also I see no sign of the device acting as a repeater.

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this question. If someone has gotten this to work, would you send a message for me on the side if you could help.

thanks,
primo360
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 22:27    Post subject: Flashed DDwrt Easily Reply with quote
I was able to successfully flash DD-WRT v3.0-r34080 std (12/14/17), by downgrading the stock linksys firmware via the GUI.

Did a 30 second reset.

Next, i simply flashed the DD-WRT firmware via the linksys GUI, and after a 30/30/30, DD-WRT is working fine, mostly.

I did NOT backup my CFE or any of that, and all seems to be working fine.

I did notice that once i modify some settings (havent determined which settings exactly), the router will not boot, and a 30/30/30 is required.

What are the pros/cons with not backing up the CFE? Is there anything that i can do now? Is there something that i can do to keep the router from not booting?

Any help is appreciated.

DD-WRT is the best, ty.
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 0:14    Post subject: Re: EA6300 Help Reply with quote
Howied42 wrote:
I just updated an EA6300 firmware with the r33257 version of DD-WRT.

I've been able to connect to it through open Security, but i have not been able to connect to it through any other security including WPA, WPA2, or WEP.

Also I see no sign of the device acting as a repeater.

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this question. If someone has gotten this to work, would you send a message for me on the side if you could help.

thanks,

Have you followed this guide to set it as repeater?

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

Also set up your wireless security in "Wireless Security" tab"

wifi.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.52 KB
 Viewed:  8684 Time(s)

wifi.png

cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 0:24    Post subject: Re: Flashed DDwrt Easily Reply with quote
primo360 wrote:
I was able to successfully flash DD-WRT v3.0-r34080 std (12/14/17), by downgrading the stock linksys firmware via the GUI.

Did a 30 second reset.

Next, i simply flashed the DD-WRT firmware via the linksys GUI, and after a 30/30/30, DD-WRT is working fine, mostly.

I did NOT backup my CFE or any of that, and all seems to be working fine.

I did notice that once i modify some settings (havent determined which settings exactly), the router will not boot, and a 30/30/30 is required.

What are the pros/cons with not backing up the CFE? Is there anything that i can do now? Is there something that i can do to keep the router from not booting?

Any help is appreciated.

DD-WRT is the best, ty.

If you don't plan to modify the router's CFE then there's no need to back it up, you can back it up anytime you want. Update the router's firmware does not change its CFE.

I have better luck with Kong's firmwares so you may want to check it out.
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have linksys ea6400 with installed asus WRT merlin

It was working for years without any problems, but today when I come back after 3day holiday, I was not able to connect to wireless network.

So I restarted router, and it doesnt boot anymore

30/30/30 reset is not working, and capacitors inside of router are not damaged

is router definitely dead?
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
pentySVK wrote:
I have linksys ea6400 with installed asus WRT merlin

It was working for years without any problems, but today when I come back after 3day holiday, I was not able to connect to wireless network.

So I restarted router, and it doesnt boot anymore

30/30/30 reset is not working, and capacitors inside of router are not damaged

is router definitely dead?

From my past experience of bricking this router and unbricking it, unless there is some internal hardware issue with the motherboard (e.g. A internal fuse on the board has blown / cpu issue) then it is definitely unbrickable.

Seeing your on Merlin, you must have used the modified cfe; therefore, you can download 'Asus Restoration Utilty' (which is kinda of like a TFTP tool) and reflash the firmware you desire with it. You should use the IP address of 192.168.1.10 and subnet mask:255.255.255.0 (configure this manually in network adapter settings).

The way of entering the rescue mode for this is to hold the 'WPS' button for 5 seconds or so whilst the power is unplugged and plug the power again, as soon as you plug the power use the restoration utility.

If that does not work, you can try the traditional TFTP method (which also worked for me when I flashed another router's firmware).

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
pentySVK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
asus restoration utility helped, router is now working Smile

tnx a lot
Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kevin Shindel wrote:
Guys i have a problem.
After reboot router, "Transmission" set to default file /tmp/config.json
Where to put this file or lock it to Read-Only.
Thanx.

When router is reboot\poweroff transmission is drop to default the config file.
Then i connect via SSH and kill process and return configuration manualy, but i solve my problem...
method is simple.

1. Copy existing settings.json in some folder in HDD
2. Edit startup script in DD-WRT web panel
Code:

sleep 60 #wait for boot router
killall transmissiond #kill the process
rm /tmp/mnt/sda1/transmission/settings.json   #delete an default config         
cp /tmp/mnt/sda1/transmission/config/settings.json  /tmp/mnt/sda1/transmission/settings.json #copy edited confguration
transmissiond --config-dir /tmp/mnt/sda1/transmission  #startup the transmission

If you know right solution please answer.
procablemike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caple wrote:
beach guy wrote:
Linksys currently has the ea6400 at $29 for refurb, so took a chance and got one, decent router once it's up and running, but if you get the refurb router from Linksys you're probably going to have to flash from serial, Malachi has a pic of the pins somewhere which I unfortunately can't find anymore, so you'll have to dig for that, my board didn't have any pins so I sacrificed an old ttl cable by stripping the wires nice and long, threading them through the holes and wrapping tight to keep good contact, not pretty but it worked.

Once it's running there's a couple of quirks to keep in mind, it's got the 32k bug which will cause it to fail at boot, so you need to put this script in startup -

for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done

It will still fail at boot occasionally, for example any change in settings will cause a boot fail, but with that script all you have to do is unplug for 30 seconds and you should be good, without the script you'll have to 30/30/30. So all in all, if you don't mind serial flashing and the boot quirks, it's a decent router for $29 (wouldn't pay anymore for it though), but if you're just looking for something to slap dd on quick, it's probably best to return it and go with something else.

Hi. Yesterday I decided to play with it again.
Mine does not have the serial connection on the board, so I gave up on that. I know the picture you are saying, I saw it some days ago. But decided to try the "regular" firmware upload.
After A LOT of tries and timeouts I was able to flash the DD-WRT EA6400 build to it, using TFTP. After login I used the webgui update firmware to flash it again. Twice. Wink
It's up and running since then, all night long. After I get home from work I'll reboot it and see if it will fail to boot or not. I may test the line you posted.
Thanx for the tip.

how in the hell did you get tftp to work to it...i'm ready to burn this thing
Laurelwood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17    Post subject: Re: Downgrade via TFTP confirmed. Reply with quote
spurdy wrote:

I wish I had read your post earlier but today I downgraded the EA6400 stock firmware from 1.1.40.184085 to 1.1.40.160989 with serial access. Not difficult if you have a Serial-to-USB adapter but it does need some patience/time.

A couple of glitches though,
- I couldn't start/setup tftpd on the router thus to use the router's ftpget to download the image.
- There is no "flash" command for stock fw then I use flashcp instead as mentioned in this link.

I further flashed the numinit-super-hacky then webflash image, followed butterworth's post. Will see how the new firmware performs. Smile

Many thanks to numinit, butterworth and people here making contributions!
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Silent_Swift

Would you happen to have the link for Merlin's v X7.8. The Merlin_qin_Firmware folder for X7.8 is empty. I get there from Gravitynet choose Merlin Firmware from the top of the window and that gets me to the firmware folders for each version.

Another question is after Merlin Firmware is loaded and you want to flash a newer version the procedure is slightly modified isn't it? I know mtd -f command is unknown in terminal with Merlin already flashed. I think you have to grab mtd-write2 and you do not use the -f switch. Also if one wanted to go back to dd-wrt or merlin or the other way I would think the procedure is slightly modified for this as well?

Is there a procedure for this on one of the pages back a ways, can't find it?
jpearn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a link in the top of the folder to the Koolshare forum, which has the release threads. In those threads are the specific download links (which are hidden). Here is the thread you are looking for :
http://koolshare.cn/thread-126245-1-1.html
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
emunity wrote:
@Silent_Swift

Would you happen to have the link for Merlin's v X7.8. The Merlin_qin_Firmware folder for X7.8 is empty. I get there from Gravitynet choose Merlin Firmware from the top of the window and that gets me to the firmware folders for each version.

Another question is after Merlin Firmware is loaded and you want to flash a newer version the procedure is slightly modified isn't it? I know mtd -f command is unknown in terminal with Merlin already flashed. I think you have to grab mtd-write2 and you do not use the -f switch. Also if one wanted to go back to dd-wrt or merlin or the other way I would think the procedure is slightly modified for this as well?

Is there a procedure for this on one of the pages back a ways, can't find it?

When updating from Merlin to Merlin, if it is X7.X to X7.X there is no need to clear the config and it can be updated from web gui. From X6.X to X7.X will need a clear nvram and jffs.

The web admin panel has changed during X7.7 so the cache should be removed in your browser as well.

The latest version (atm) is X7.8 which can be found here.

I am currently busy during exam season, but the latest Koolshare firmware is always hidden on their firmware domain, the older ones are always there. The current firmware can be found on their forum but you will need to pass the Chinese captcha.

X7.8 is equivalent to 380.69_2 with the addition of the Koolshare changes.

Quote:
380.69_2 (28-Jan-2018)
- NOTE: The official IRC channel has moved to
Freenode (#asuswrt).

- CHANGED: Quantenna watchdog is less likely now to
incorrectly assume the QTN CPU has crashed
(which can lead to router reboots). (RT-AC87U)
- FIXED: IE11 field validation issues on OpenVPN and
DHCP pages.
- FIXED: Router crash when importing an OpenVPN certificate
longer than 3499 characters (the supported limit)
- FIXED: Users were allowed to enter invalid characters on
some of the OpenVPN client page fields.
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5999 in httpd (backport from 384_10007)
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5721 in httpd (Merlin & theMIROn)

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 95 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: