"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
minilude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the latest Asuswrt-Merlin on my AC68U and DDWRT-kong on my EA6400. trying to copy a 4G iso file from the usb3 drive on AC68U to the usb3 drive on EA6400 through 5Ghz bridge (ddwrt showing TX/RX rate at around 780M-877M), the transfer speed is only around 8MB/s (according to windows 7 on my computer which is hard wired to AC68U). Is it normal? then what's the point to have usb3.0 port...
Sponsor
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
minilude wrote:
I have the latest Asuswrt-Merlin on my AC68U and DDWRT-kong on my EA6400. trying to copy a 4G iso file from the usb3 drive on AC68U to the usb3 drive on EA6400 through 5Ghz bridge (ddwrt showing TX/RX rate at around 780M-877M), the transfer speed is only around 8MB/s (according to windows 7 on my computer which is hard wired to AC68U). Is it normal? then what's the point to have usb3.0 port...

I have a 500gb Western Digital HDD, connected with a Usb 3.0 cable and I get around 12.3MB/s when transferring a 2gb file.

I am on Merlin, I do recall getting around 11-ish Mb/s.

In my case it can be obviously faster, but the speed of the mechanical hard drive is slow. I think it all depends on the speed of the storage Wink

This is over 5Ghz wireless, I'd imagine it should be faster over ethernet.

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
mandepsi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi volks,
can anybody tell me please how i change from XVortex cfe to koolshare cfe?
thx
mandepsi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
mandepsi wrote:
hi volks,
can anybody tell me please how i change from XVortex cfe to koolshare cfe?
thx

solved Smile
its easy with putty if your box on dd-wrt (described on page 66)
FrizzleFry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, wondering if I should try this firmware.

I have a Linksys EA6400, it says EA6400 in both places on the bottom sticker.
It is currently on stock firmware version 1.1.40.160989
The stock firmware apparently has intermittent performance especially for those on the 2.4Ghz band.
I have also noticed less than stellar page loading times on my wired connection, compared to the E2000 that it replaced with Shibby Tomato that I had put on it.
I suspect this EA6400 might have the temperature issues, but I have yet to even find a temperature readout in the stock firmware.

So, bottom line, I would like better and reliable performance and a temp meter. Not doing anything fancy with this router like vpn or bridging. Might do some QOS to make sure my traffic gets priority over the various leeches in my office. That's about it.
Should I do it? If I bricks I still have the E2000.

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't do it. Odds are you will end up with a useless router.
If it's overheating, put a fan on it or open it up, make sure the heatsink is making good contact. Or add thermal tape if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=980056#980056
Quote:
Enabling ssh sends the router into kernel panic.
I have to do an nvram erase to recover.
Here is the log:

I got the same kernel oops as above.
And also this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=980160#980160
Quote:

ddwrt startup problem:

all 6300 builds generate the same

@BrainSlayer Any more required to find out hte problem?

So the behavior is, a brand new router bought from Amazon, at least Amazon told me it's new, can run stock firmware smoothly and change/save settings normally in stock.

But when flash the super hacky version into it, without the serial cable, I can only see it reboots itself 3 times and reverts back to stock firmware (Thanks for dual partitions).

So the point is, there is no way to continue the flash..

Finally I bought a serial cable. During dump nvram, surprisingly, I found the nvram is only 6k with stock firmware.

Then I found a nvram dump in this long thread. In Putty, I put a script full of "nvram set" into stock firmware. And then, flash the router with TFTP to the super hacky version.
In this step, I used my own uuid and mac address.

After restarting for a few times, it had a stable web interface of dd wrt.

Hopefully this could help anyone.
RedRover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used DD-WRT Kong on this router 6 months back for at least a year, but I reverted to stock after a failed Kong version update. I have been thinking about going back to Kong or trying Merlin. However, when I try to flash the Hacky version, it won't let me because it is not signed by Linksys. My stock firmware is Ver. 1.1.40 (build 176337) Latest Date:  10/28/2016. Clearly the router automatically updated the firmware. But now I can't seem to back down to an older version of the firmware or move sideways to DD-WRT. My main complaint with stock is the intermittent lack of internet with iPhone/iPad devices. Could be Apple, but I don't recall the problem with Kong. Any help?
And yes I have the Koolshare CFE running on my router and the stock CFE backed-up.

cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can d/l and revert to an older firmware here, before going forward:

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/1224697867801/FW_EA6300_1.1.40.160989_prod.img

I'm running Kong's r30870, very stable for the past 6 days.
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
RedRover wrote:
I used DD-WRT Kong on this router 6 months back for at least a year, but I reverted to stock after a failed Kong version update. I have been thinking about going back to Kong or trying Merlin. However, when I try to flash the Hacky version, it won't let me because it is not signed by Linksys. My stock firmware is Ver. 1.1.40 (build 176337) Latest Date:  10/28/2016. Clearly the router automatically updated the firmware. But now I can't seem to back down to an older version of the firmware or move sideways to DD-WRT. My main complaint with stock is the intermittent lack of internet with iPhone/iPad devices. Could be Apple, but I don't recall the problem with Kong. Any help?
And yes I have the Koolshare CFE running on my router and the stock CFE backed-up.

I do believe that the new firmware's released after Linksys made changes to signature checking does disable firmware downgrading or flashing custom firmware.

Umm. If you are on stock cfe, I wonder if tftp would flash the firmware, I guess the router can't do signature checking on that?

However, seeing you still have Koolshare cfe running; it's just possible to use Asus firmware restoration utility to restore a DD-WRT firmware back onto the router.

This has been done a couple of times on this thread. Search around and you should find it Wink (I personally did this a long time ago; I cannot remember how it was done.

Edit:
Found instructions, look below.

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT 10/5/2015
One user had an issue at this point that caused the router to revert back to the linksys firmware. Also was unable to access the webpage as it was stuck on the "Spinning Icon"
In order to fix this do the following

1 ) Download the Asus Recovery Tool: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-N16&p=11&s=2&os=30&hashedid=WAa6AQFncrceRBEo

2 ) Download your flavor of Firmware (Look Below for links)

3 ) Manually set your Ip on your computer to the following

IP: 192.168.1.10
NetMask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

4 ) Restart the router while holding the ***RESET*** Button (NOT WPS)

5 ) Hold this button down for a good 20-30 seconds to be safe.

6 ) Release the button.

7 ) Using the software provided above flash your firmware.

-----------------------------------------------------

Should be done after those steps, wait a bit for the dd-wrt variables to initialize ans for the firmware to be stable (roughly 10~15 minutes after flashing).

Here's a working link for the utility: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/Rescue_2000.zip

The rescue tool is the same for all Asus router's and works for ours fine with the modified cfe's. Sometimes the router does not boot into rescue mode, so do try repeating the steps of holding the reset button a bit longer. It is also important that the ipv4 settings are manually configured on Windows to those IP addresses; the static IP allows the utility to communicate with the router in rescue mode. After this is done, you can safely change this back to automatic ip assignment.

If you get stuck use these instructions: https://www.asus.com/nl/support/faq/1000814/
(english site has no content for some reason?)

The firmware is NOT the rt-n16 but the one you will download from DD-WRT for EA6400. And there is no rescue mode button on your router, it is the reset button.

BT Infinity FTTC

4rch0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I've managed to install Merlin from Silent_Swift's tutorial and this fw is amazing so thank you very much Smile

...but i have one question.

Is this normal that I have japanese symbol in some places of GUI? Most of it is in english but some is clearly not.

jpearn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
4rch0n wrote:

Is this normal that I have japanese symbol in some places of GUI? Most of it is in english but some is clearly not.

I also have this, I think it is lost in translation somewhere !
4rch0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I've thought that my change to certregion in cfe from us to eu did the thing, but maybe not xD

Any ideas how to fix it?

I have updated to x7.2, still problem with translation for me.
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
4rch0n wrote:
Well I've thought that my change to certregion in cfe from us to eu did the thing, but maybe not xD

Any ideas how to fix it?

I have updated to x7.2, still problem with translation for me.

That variable changes the Wi-Fi channel configuration to see the channels and frequencies available in the eu region.

I believe this latest version has the translation hard coded as they did re-work the UI a lot compared to the previous version.

If you want the English statistics, you can use the previous versions before the X7.x releases, like http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/X6.6.1/ which does not include the new changes for the UI rework (e.g. NoAsus feature and webshell changes).

Do bear in mind this was built for the Chinese community and that if you install modules from their Koolshare base, it's mainly to circumvent the Chinese firewall. I recommend not to install any of the Koolshare addons (those in software center) if you want a close to stock merlin firmware.

I personally use Merlin, as it's much more stable for my HP laptop which would disconnect a lot, due to it's glitchy RT3290 card. With Linksys and DD-Wrt it would always glitch out every half an hour or so, with Merlin, it doesn't as much...

Also, Koolshare will be using another domain which looks exactly like the one now for firmware releases, it's http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/ and not koolshare.io (should redirect though)

According to various posts on Koolshare, X7.1 had issues with Qos, and that X7.2 helps them a bit more. Has a couple of tweaks with wifi as well. Nothing much from X7.1

BT Infinity FTTC

jpearn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has 7.2 been removed, looks like an empty folder ? !
Manually it is http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/X7.2/EA6400_380.63_X7.2.trx
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 87 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: