AC900/EA6200 DD-WRT firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
RhodWulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
mariano_quilmes wrote:
Hello I would like to ask someone for advise. I have followed this instructions:

1) flashed from 1.40 to the latest Linksys v1.41 firmware
2) flashed to FW_EA6200_1.1.41.bin (from this thread) to enable SSH access
3) obtained xvortex-cfe-ea6200-as-ea6350-with-ea6200-devinfo.bin, and used CFEedit.exe to change MAC address to match my router (used "basic" mode only). saved file to firmware.bin
4) put this file on a USB stick, plugged it into router, power cycled it, then used SSH to mount the USB drive to /tmp/usb
5) the exact command i then enterred was "dd if=/tmp/usb/firmware.bin of=/dev/mtd0" (using the "mtd" command wouldnt work, the shell didn't recognize "mtd". and the image_writer method didnt work, said i had a bad .trx header. but dd did the trick)
6) reboot the router. reboot again while holding in reset button (thanks to black6spdz for the tip!)

But apparently in point 6 I have made a mistake since there is no FCE page coming out in IE, just a loading ring in the tab, nothing happens in IE nor Firefox. I logged in again with Putty over SSH and there is connection between the reouter and my PC, because if I mount the pendrive I can see its content.

I do not know if there is a way to upload the linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin using SSH or another method to load the firmware.

Is it bricked? or if I can communicate with it there is still hope?

Thanks.

Mariano.

Hello Mariano.
I send you a personal mail.
Regards!.
Sponsor
dishins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
MuzzleVelocity wrote:
I picked up a "refurb" EA6200 for $36 on ebay. (the box was opened, but the router itself seemed brand new).

anyway, after 4 grueling hours I finally got dd-wrt up and running! I read through this entire thread multiple times, but its full of contradictory and obsolete information.

Here is exactly what I did to make it work, maybe this will help someone else. Please feel free to point out if there is currently any easier way to do it.

3) obtained xvortex-cfe-ea6200-as-ea6350-with-ea6200-devinfo.bin, and used CFEedit.exe to change MAC address to match my router (used "basic" mode only). saved file to firmware.bin
4) put this file on a USB stick, plugged it into router, power cycled it, then used SSH to mount the USB drive to /tmp/usb
5) the exact command i then enterred was "dd if=/tmp/usb/firmware.bin of=/dev/mtd0" (using the "mtd" command wouldnt work, the shell didn't recognize "mtd". and the image_writer method didnt work, said i had a bad .trx header. but dd did the trick)
6) reboot the router. reboot again while holding in reset button (thanks to black6spdz for the tip!)
7) it booted up to the CFE loader screen on 192.168.1.1. used InternetExplorer (NOT firefox) to upload linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/04-04-2016-r29396/linksys-ea6350/ (there is MUCH contradictory info on which bin to use, but this is the one listed on the supported-router list)

dd-wrt loaded up, I set a password and power cycled it a few times to make sure it wouldnt revert, and it looked good. It was 1am by that time so i couldnt do any more testing! but looked very promising..

Like i said, i would love to hear if there is a better way to do this.

Thank you very much, with your help i managed to do it!

A Question, did your router's green light worked after this? mine is always down now, but i dont care. Smile
RhodWulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
dishins wrote:
MuzzleVelocity wrote:
I picked up a "refurb" EA6200 for $36 on ebay. (the box was opened, but the router itself seemed brand new).

anyway, after 4 grueling hours I finally got dd-wrt up and running! I read through this entire thread multiple times, but its full of contradictory and obsolete information.

Here is exactly what I did to make it work, maybe this will help someone else. Please feel free to point out if there is currently any easier way to do it.

7) it booted up to the CFE loader screen on 192.168.1.1. used InternetExplorer (NOT firefox) to upload linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/04-04-2016-r29396/linksys-ea6350/ (there is MUCH contradictory info on which bin to use, but this is the one listed on the supported-router list)

dd-wrt loaded up, I set a password and power cycled it a few times to make sure it wouldnt revert, and it looked good. It was 1am by that time so i couldnt do any more testing! but looked very promising..

A Question, did your router's green light worked after this? mine is always down now, but i dont care. Smile

Hi, I saw this in a some place of this forum:

Go to Administration/Commands and into "Commands" write this:

gpio enable 8

Then press "Run Commands" and the led will live again.

I do not need save this on startup, but if will turn off again, try with that.

I hope that fix your issue.
Regards!.
r0t3ch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 16:33    Post subject: Hard brick? Reply with quote
Hard brick? Any solution?

Code:
Decompressing...done

Found a AMD NAND flash:
Total size:  128MB
Block size:  128KB
Page Size:   2048B
OOB Size:    64B
Sector size: 512B
Spare size:  16B
ECC level:   8-bit
Device ID: 0x01 0xf1 0x00 0x1d 0x01
Corrupted NVRAM found, default devinfo copied into NVRAM.
find_nvram: no nvram found
find_devinfo: devinfo block not found!
No devinfo, committing devinfo...
find_devinfo: devinfo corrupted, using embedded devinfo at 0x1c180000!

CFE version 6.39.163.14 (r374748) based on BBP 1.0.37 for BCM947XX (32bit,SP,)
Build Date: Tue Jun 11 11:59:51 CST 2013 (proc@f8acerpro), for the WG9116FAC22_8                                                                                                                                                             8 board
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Broadcom Corporation.
Copyright (C) 2013 Arcadyan Corporation.

WG9116FAC22_88 board, flashing LED...

Init Arena
Init Devs.
Boot partition size = 262144(0x40000)
DDR Clock: 333 MHz
Warning: invalid DDR setting of 0 MHz ignored. DDR frequency will be set to 333                                                                                                                                                              MHz.

dishins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
RhodWulf wrote:
dishins wrote:
MuzzleVelocity wrote:

Hi, I saw this in a some place of this forum:

Go to Administration/Commands and into "Commands" write this:

gpio enable 8

Then press "Run Commands" and the led will live again.

I do not need save this on startup, but if will turn off again, try with that.

I hope that fix your issue.
Regards!.

It worked, thanks again!
noobwithproblems
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
RhodWulf wrote:
mariano_quilmes wrote:
Hello I would like to ask someone for advise. I have followed this instructions:

But apparently in point 6 I have made a mistake since there is no FCE page coming out in IE, just a loading ring in the tab, nothing happens in IE nor Firefox. I logged in again with Putty over SSH and there is connection between the reouter and my PC, because if I mount the pendrive I can see its content.

I do not know if there is a way to upload the linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin using SSH or another method to load the firmware.

Is it bricked? or if I can communicate with it there is still hope?

Thanks.

Mariano.

Hello Mariano.
I send you a personal mail.
Regards!.

Hiho,

I'm having the exactly same problem here
dishins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, after some time using EA6350 build on EA6200 i'm experiencing some bad wifi performance, i'm getting tops 300Mbps on 5Ghz radio w0 and tops 65Mbps on 2.4Ghz w1, anyone is also getting these speeds?
gu3d3s
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 23:09    Post subject: newbe nedd help for correct install Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Please can you tell me how the EA6200 installation process is, there is a more compatible vs. DD-WRT, or special capabilities to make it work.

Sorry for the basic questions, but after reading all the topic I ended up in doubt about the best and correct procedure, and since I already had several bad experiences with a brick router, I do not want to run the risk of doing a wrong installation anymore.

I currently have the DD-WRT (build33555) installed on a TP-Link Archer C7 vs2 running well, and would like to install on my EA6200 tabem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Grateful
RhodWulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:07    Post subject: Re: newbe nedd help for correct install Reply with quote
gu3d3s wrote:
Hi guys,

Please can you tell me how the EA6200 installation process is, there is a more compatible vs. DD-WRT, or special capabilities to make it work.

Sorry for the basic questions, but after reading all the topic I ended up in doubt about the best and correct procedure, and since I already had several bad experiences with a brick router, I do not want to run the risk of doing a wrong installation anymore.

I currently have the DD-WRT (build33555) installed on a TP-Link Archer C7 vs2 running well, and would like to install on my EA6200 tabem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Grateful

Hello!
You must read all this thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=286183&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The EA6200 and the EA6350 are similar.
If I remember well, in that thread they speak about this router too.
Be careful. I hope this can help you.
Kind regards!.
gu3d3s
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:31    Post subject: Re: newbe nedd help for correct install Reply with quote
[/quote]

Hello!
You must read all this thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=286183&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The EA6200 and the EA6350 are similar.
If I remember well, in that thread they speak about this router too.
Be careful. I hope this can help you.
Kind regards!.[/quote]

Thanks! will read all.
gu3d3s
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I have a problem with the 6350 and I have a problem with it. I have a problem with this problem.

There are many doubts I may still have the language barrier, so I'm sorry if I'm asking very basic questions, but I do not want to risk doing wrong and denying my EA-6200 that I try to like.

I count on the help of friends, and I believe that this step by step will help others as well.

and one more question, would not it be possible to unpack a DD-WRT vs specific for the EA-6200 already with all these modifications? it would facilitate a lot, because in countries like Brazil this is still expensive equipment, and a DD-WRT Vs would make life easier for users.

I am grateful and count on your help.

raito77 wrote:
So ... i reset one more time settings and now also NAS working perfect Smile

Info from router:

System
    Router Name DD-WRT
    Router ModelLinksys EA6350
    Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)
    Kernel VersionLinux 4.4.4 #411 SMP Mon Mar 7 05:08:01 CET 2016 armv7l

CPU ModelBroadcom BCM4708
    CPU Cores1
    CPU Clock 800 MHz
    CPU TemperatureCPU 49.1 °C / WL0 43.02 °C / WL1 42.79 °C

Space Usage
    NVRAM 33.55 KB / 64 KB

No problem with NVRAM over - 32 KB Smile
My EA6200 pretending as EA6350 and running like rocket Smile
And i put silver artic pasta instead heat-rubber
now CPU Temperature is much lower !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: