Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Duxa wrote:
Just want to spread some information for those that are using r6300v1 and have higher than 100 Megabit internet. [...]
r6300v1 has a 600mhz single core CPU, which is not fast enough to push speeds of higher than about 110 Megabit via Software NAT. So your speeds will cap out at 110Megabit on WAN side.

There are 2 solutions:
For those new or unaware, accelerated NAT via Qualcomm's open-sourced SFE is in all k3.10+ DD builds since 33006.

Another note, I flashed directly from the latest OEM f/w (currently R6300-V1.0.2.80_1.0.59.chk) to the 33772 trailed build (R6300.chk), with no issues. Also, I tried the R6300v1 overclock option for 662 MHz, but dmesg and cpuinfo both still indicated the stock 600 speed.

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Sponsor
angler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 19:14    Post subject: Re: SEMI-Noob needs guidance Reply with quote
You should be looking @ .chk files only if you are flashing from stock, otherwise just flash the appropriate .BIN

Lost TARDIS wrote:
Good evening. So I have been going over the pages in this sub on what file I should be using to upgrade my current dd-wrt firmware. I am just not sure I am pulling the correct file and I can't brick my router so I could use a nudge in the right direction.

I have a R6300v2CH. I didn't even realize until the other day when I added a MAC address that I was on a 2014 build. Over at http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ there is a CH build, but it is a *.chk file for the Charter version. But, I have seen it mentioned a few times that the upgrade is "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin" However, in the supported devices document on the tree, it is stated that a *.chk file can be used to upgrade the firmware through the dd-wrt interface. I'm just not sure what file I need. Could someone please put me on the right path? Thank you in advance!
RudeU
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23    Post subject: R6300 v1 and gigabit WAN working 150Mbps Reply with quote
Hi,

Just want to send a quick thank you to BS for breathing new life into my R6300 v1. I recently increased my internet speed. I was running an old reliable version from last year, but even after boosting the CPU I could just barely crack 100Mbps on the WAN side.

I just updated to r33772 with no firmware reset and a quick speedtest.net is hitting the full 150Mbps! Thanks again BRainslayer!
vikas477
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46    Post subject: Re: SEMI-Noob needs guidance Reply with quote
angler wrote:
You should be looking @ .chk files only if you are flashing from stock, otherwise just flash the appropriate .BIN

Lost TARDIS wrote:
Good evening. So I have been going over the pages in this sub on what file I should be using to upgrade my current dd-wrt firmware. I am just not sure I am pulling the correct file and I can't brick my router so I could use a nudge in the right direction.

I have a R6300v2CH. I didn't even realize until the other day when I added a MAC address that I was on a 2014 build. Over at http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ there is a CH build, but it is a *.chk file for the Charter version. But, I have seen it mentioned a few times that the upgrade is "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin" However, in the supported devices document on the tree, it is stated that a *.chk file can be used to upgrade the firmware through the dd-wrt interface. I'm just not sure what file I need. Could someone please put me on the right path? Thank you in advance!

I have R6300v2 on which I can only flash some CHK files, 28600 and 29300 are successful where as any other CHK or bin files result in router going into a state where it keeps on restarting after a minute. So 29300 is the latest firmware I can flash. I even tried ddup procedure which has the same result. If anyone can help me upgrade the router or may be give some suggestion. I may have played a bit with the board id etc once but I can always flash 28600 and 29300 CHK files successfully. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
0Legolas0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 16:09    Post subject: Help Updating Reply with quote
Hi
I have a Costco's version of Netgear AC1450, that I have successfully upgraded to AC1750 + DD-WRT.

I am on a much older version of the FW:

Router Name NetgearAC1750_DDWRT
Router Model Netgear AC1450
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/07/14) - build 25090M
Kernel Version Linux 3.10.56 #268 SMP Mon Oct 6 22:56:53 CEST 2014 armv7l

As this is my main router, I am a little antsy on upgrading and want to ensure I have the right files, etc.

Can I directly upgrade (Administration --> Firmware Upgrade ...) to the latest version using:

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin 2017-11-04 00:39 23M

Also, do I need to do a clean-reset, and/or can restore the settings from my current version?

Thanks in advance.
Nuor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
As per request - my 1450AC is currently using Kong 34015. I've had no trouble using Kong builds on this router (with one glaring exception). I've used most of kong test builds for the last two years usually with nothing but a ddup --flash-latest and restart.
Netspud2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 0:32    Post subject: Latest mega build(s) bricking my R6300V1 Reply with quote
Hi I just wondered if anyone has been able to upload and of the latest mega build(s) on the Netgear R6300v1.

I have tried everything from the 33772 build up until current, all brick my router, brick it so bad I can't even 30-30-30. I have to open it up and serial in.

I can't get the full Tomato on either. At the mo I have a smaller Tomato VPN version running on it. But worried about the related security issues.

So at the mo I guess I have a couple of questions if someone can help please.

Is any one managing to get the mega build on the V1? (trying to work out if there's a problem with my router)

Is it possible to get a smaller VPN build of DD WRT for the R6300v1, if so where please?

Lastly if others are managing to get the mega build on, what should I be checking on my Router? (I am assuming it is running out of memory)

Thanks if anyone can help.

Just to be clear, I have a working version of Tomato VPN on the router at the mo (the smaller one). I have done 30-30-30 resets till i'm blue in the face. I have watched the installations going on through Ponderosa (windows equiv of minicom), I see errors every time I upload a large firmware. I have done nvram erase, used tftpd, and tried flash -noheader : flash1.trx. All end up the same way. Please don't think for a second I really know what I am doing, I am just working through what others have written, and happy I got my router back to a working state.

I basically worked my way through this adjusting it for windows: http://kris.bulman.ca/2015/01/25/Recovering-a-bricked-Netgear-R6300/

All I have currently managed to upload are small tomato and the netgear firmware.

Optimal final goal dd wrt mega, but would be happy with dd wrt vpn.

Any suggestions/help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Leave your serial cable hooked up so you can see why it won't load any of the firmware you are having trouble with.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did. It was a pretty vanilla error message.

It would get about 75% of the way uploading.
Then I think there was a sync or data error perhaps (sorry all unplugged) won't get a chance to disassemble again till Sunday. Then it erase the flash and tried again. The second I closed it all up I knew I should have taken some screen grabs.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
If using putty, there is an option to save the output to a file.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nuor wrote:
As per request - my 1450AC is currently using Kong 34015. I've had no trouble using Kong builds on this router (with one glaring exception). I've used most of kong test builds for the last two years usually with nothing but a ddup --flash-latest and restart.

Hi Nuor
I just wanted to confirm that you were reply to my earlier query. I was not too sure, and as you may be able to tell, I want to be extra careful, as as not to brick it, as I don't have a spare router in hand.

I read in (https://advancedhomeserver.com/upgrade-a-netgear-ac1450-router-to-ac1750-r6300v2/) which talk about changing board-id when upgrading from stock Netgear. I don't recall if I did change the board-id. Is there any way to check what the "current" board-id is?

BTW, how can we tell which build version it is, prior to flashing the .bin file?

Thanks in advance
0Legolas0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
0Legolas0 wrote:
Nuor wrote:

Hi Nuor
I just wanted to confirm that you were reply to my earlier query. I was not too sure, and as you may be able to tell, I want to be extra careful, as as not to brick it, as I don't have a spare router in hand.

I read in (https://advancedhomeserver.com/upgrade-a-netgear-ac1450-router-to-ac1750-r6300v2/) which talk about changing board-id when upgrading from stock Netgear. I don't recall if I did change the board-id. Is there any way to check what the "current" board-id is?

BTW, how can we tell which build version it is, prior to flashing the .bin file?

Thanks in advance

Okay, I have been waiting for final confirmation... but I finally jumped in, but did an upgrade via telnet.

Hope this will help someone else...

telnet <ip.addr> (default addr: 192.168.1.1)
username: root
password: <your password> (default: admin)
ddup --flash-latest

[Here ddup identified my model as Netgear AC1450, and that release 34780 is available.
confirmed upgrade: y
Downloaded .bin file, double-checked hash-key/checksum
reconfirmed upgrade: y
Done Smile
]

Router Name NetgearAC1750_DDWRT
Router Model Netgear AC1450
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r34780M kongac (02/02/18 )
Kernel VersionLinux 4.4.114 #503 SMP Fri Feb 2 01:13:48 CET 2018 armv7l

Thanks Kong and DD-WRT gurus.
Ailuros27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 0:37    Post subject: Can't flash Charter R6300v2 Reply with quote
I've been following the instructions here with the listed files for the Charter version, which mine is. But I'm not having any luck. I've done the exactly as it says. I reset by holding the reset button for 30 seconds, then connect a cable, upload the firmware, wait until the page comes up "Network connection reset" wait 5 minutes then connect the cable again and go to http://192.168.1.1/ and it comes up with the Netgear firmware every time. I've been clearing my browser cache, too.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try a different browser. Log into the netgear GUI and upload this http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Try a different browser. Log into the netgear GUI and upload this http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk

This will not work Malachi, the initial file of CH version is 13MB only, unlike other non CH routers. I have two of those and i can confirm it.

Ailuros27 wrote:
I've been following the instructions here with the listed files for the Charter version, which mine is. But I'm not having any luck. I've done the exactly as it says. I reset by holding the reset button for 30 seconds, then connect a cable, upload the firmware, wait until the page comes up "Network connection reset" wait 5 minutes then connect the cable again and go to http://192.168.1.1/ and it comes up with the Netgear firmware every time. I've been clearing my browser cache, too.

Flash this file initially, it should work, then you can flash the newer one normally:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2CH.chk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 52 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: