Linksys WRT1900AC/Marvell support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
no you did not do anything wrong. the problem is just that the flash code still had some bugs and does go to recovery partition which is your old firmware. but i resolved it hopefully now.
just initial upgrade from such versions can be little bit tricky.
but i found out now how it could work

first copy the factory-to-ddwrt.bin to /tmp with scp
then check
ubootenv get boot_part

if its 1, the target partition is "linux"
if its 2, the target partition is "linux2"

mtd erase linux
mtd write -f /tmp/factory-to-ddwrt.bin linux

in this way, it should work. the mtd erase is very important, this was the problem cause in the past for the unsuccessfull flashes.

the new firmware (not yet released, still compiling in background a new nightly build) will fix that all. and will also have full support for recovery partition, so if a new firmware doesnt boot, it does switch back to the old working one.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you BrainSlayer!!

It works with your commands.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
new build will be out hopefully tomorrow. build tonight was broken for some targets, so i did not upload it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
new build will be out hopefully tomorrow. build tonight was broken for some targets, so i did not upload it

Your lastest version 27783 kicked me back to factory Linksys after I used webflash, so I used factory-to dd-wrt.img.
The channels 52 etc would appear and disappear, and iwlist didn't mention usable or available, it just mentioned the section 52-64 @ 23dbm.
OK on a desperate hunch, I saved (did Not apply) 52 VHT80, and turned off the router, then turned it back on.
This worked. I'll prolly never know why.
------
summary, 27783 to 27805:
"reset to factory" doesn't mean dd-wrt defaults,
it actually means recover-to-Linksys, in my case anyway.
The setting of channel 52 and the lack of any usable-available info is the same.
I see you've updated to some latest driver I can't spell ("mwlwifi??") and added an nvram variable for "Pic Status".
Since I have no idea what a PIC is (Programmable interrupt controller??)
I'm guessing that was for very high level debug purposes.
Everything else (as of this edit) looks the same.
eg, 'snr' and 'signal' are now identical, but "signal quality" seems to work.
Several versions ago signal and snr were different and tied to the "signal quality".
'noise' it's usually 0, ok I'm confusing myself.
The snr/noise/signal variables are different than they were in versions prior to a week ago.
Also, new maybe, is that the router reboots every couple minutes. OK that's new and I think I would have noticed before; (It might have been a cabling problem???) anyway I'm mentioning it.
pat30724
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using latest beta now Smile. Stressed the 5GHz some bit. I looks much more stable then the original Linksys firmware.

Thanks for this DD-WRT firmware!
rocky13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

Will we see vlan support for the Marvell chipset?, is it possible ?.

Thanks.
thisisnoah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Decided to give DD-WRT another go after having WiFi issues in the latest stock firmware - 5G was just shutting off completely and not coming back until power cycled. Weird.

Anyhow, I was unable to get any of the latest three builds on my WRT1900ACv1 router:
09-07-2015-r27775
09-08-2015-r27783
09-11-2015-r27805

It boots up about half way and sends SIGTERM / SIGKILL and reboots. I can get logs and whatever if people want, but I'm sure this a known issue.

I'm running r27745 std (08/25/15) with no issues so far. I'll report back.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocky13 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

Will we see vlan support for the Marvell chipset?, is it possible ?.

Thanks.

I had vlan support implemented in my first builds, but there was a problem with throughput and I did not really dig into it. Throughput was only 50% when vlan was support was enabled vs normal mode.

I asked Belkin 4 weeks ago if they can send me a WRT1200AC or V2, but did not receive anything yet.
The wifi driver for the V1 is still unstable.
Therefore I robably will put the Linksys aside for now and work on something newer with a bit more power.
Cosmic_phil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been using r27805 build for 48 hours+ now no reboots.
installed fine using the Img file straight from the linksys firmware on wrt1900ac v1.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hard to say at this point. But, from the responses I see that BrainSlayer is at this full swing as he has released several versions for 1200ac, 1900ac V1 and V2. There is still hope.
thisisnoah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah still having problems with WiFi on the build I'm on, 27745 - most recent one I could get working (see above post)

Router rebooted within 24 hours of putting it on for no reason and under almost no load at all, and 5G dropped off again within 32 hours of uptime after that reboot.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
thisisnoah wrote:
Yeah still having problems with WiFi on the build I'm on, 27745 - most recent one I could get working (see above post)

Router rebooted within 24 hours of putting it on for no reason and under almost no load at all, and 5G dropped off again within 32 hours of uptime after that reboot.

Hi,
Did you try Kong's July 28 version? After all the bricking, I returned to it and it worked for about 8 days. It still would have except, I changed the router. Just a thought.
grillovillegas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cosmic_phil wrote:
I have been using r27805 build for 48 hours+ now no reboots.
installed fine using the Img file straight from the linksys firmware on wrt1900ac v1.

Hi , what is your wireless rate mine is 7.2 Mb/s on 2.4 and 15 Mb/s on 5 GHz ?
I don't know if this is normal , but the speed seems to be fine on my cellphone.

Thanks
Cosmic_phil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@grillovillegas
Mine is the same 7.2mbs on ath0 and 15mbs on ath1.
getting around 150 mbs using speedtest on my phone which is roughly my internet connection speed.
x5Liam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
@grillovillegas, @Cosmic_phil

I was gonna post the same issue.. mine says 7.2 mb/s on the 2.4g band, and 15mb/s on the 5gig band. Speed goes quick on the 5g band but super slow on the 2.4 band... anyone know how to fix this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 152, 153, 154  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 59 of 154
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: