YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get the following error, do you know what I need to do?

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data/2015-11-12-hourly_data.js` SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Here is the contents of the file, I erased some of the middle lines, let me know if I should show any of the rest of the file for you to have a look

Code:
var hourly_created="2015-11-12 00:00:22"
var hourly_updated="2015-11-12 20:51:07"
var users_updated="2015-11-12 14:51:07"
var disk_utilization="1%"
var serverUptime="272.33"
var freeMem="205108",availMem="232512",totMem="255812"
serverloads("0.14","20:46:35","0.21","20:48:35")
pnd({"hour":"start","uptime":400299.65,"down":20026257569,"up":5341865407,"hr-loads":",,,"})

Last edited by bartekd on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:19; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
davedogcaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Newbie here!

Got everything set up and running. I see devices and activity on the 'Live tab' but I'm getting this error message. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I'm running a Netgear WNR3500v2
with Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega
(if that info matters)

image attached below.....THANK YOU!

P.S. - if I try to open:
http://192.168.1.1/user/data/2015-11-12-hourly_data.js
in my browser 'I get a page cannot be displayed' error.
not sure if that is normal, or if that info helps...

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.89 KB
 Viewed:  4347 Time(s)

Untitled.png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
bartekd wrote:

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data/2015-11-12-hourly_data.js` SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Here is the contents of the file, I erased some of the middle lines, let me know if I should show any of the rest of the file for you to have a look

[code]var hourly_created="2015-11-12 00:00:22"

***** Please do not post your mac addresses!!!

As the error message indicates for some reason or other, one (or more) lines in your data file is missing a close bracket. I have seen this on rare occasions but do not know what causes it.

Open your hourly data file in an editor (e.g., Notepad++) and look for a line that ends in `}` rather than `})`.

Last but not least please remove the mac addresses from your posting (those are unique to the devices on your network and should not be shared publicly.

Your log files (if you have logging enabled) would be useful to see.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
davedogcaddy wrote:
Newbie here!

Got everything set up and running. I see devices and activity on the 'Live tab' but I'm getting this error message. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I'm running a Netgear WNR3500v2
with Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega
(if that info matters)

image attached below.....THANK YOU!

P.S. - if I try to open:
http://192.168.1.1/user/data/2015-11-12-hourly_data.js
in my browser 'I get a page cannot be displayed' error.
not sure if that is normal, or if that info helps...

When errors like this occur, it is helpful to zip up the data file and the corresponding log file and PM them to me.

Thx

Al
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
bartekd wrote:

[code]var hourly_created="2015-11-12 00:00:22"

***** Please do not post your mac addresses!!!

As the error message indicates for some reason or other, one (or more) lines in your data file is missing a close bracket. I have seen this on rare occasions but do not know what causes it.

Open your hourly data file in an editor (e.g., Notepad++) and look for a line that ends in `}` rather than `})`.

Last but not least please remove the mac addresses from your posting (those are unique to the devices on your network and should not be shared publicly.

Your log files (if you have logging enabled) would be useful to see.

Al

Thanks, I found the line, and added the closing bracket, and its good now. I also emailed you the log file in case you want to see it.
davedogcaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
When errors like this occur, it is helpful to zip up the data file and the corresponding log file and PM them to me.

Thx

Al

Done. Thank you sir for your time. I saw in the readme file about sending you the files/logs - I just thought I would post here first in case it was a common issue that someone else could chime in without having to waste your time. But I do thank you.

-dave
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
davedogcaddy wrote:
Quote:

Thx

Al

Done. Thank you sir for your time. I saw in the readme file about sending you the files/logs - I just thought I would post here first in case it was a common issue that someone else could chime in without having to waste your time. But I do thank you.

-dave

I agree... when in doubt, post here and someone else might know the solution. It also gives other folks who are having the same problem a chance to chime in (which will give me an indication that something bigger is going on).

Al
davedogcaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al,

I hope I'm not too late and you haven't already spent time pouring over my log files....I've found my problem.

I do always try to search the forums and google for solutions before wasting everyone's time, but somehow I missed this. I *had* adjusted permissions for the requested files as per the instructional that is posted at the beginning of this thread - but I found this post and adjusting the permissions for these two directories (see attached screenshot) fixed my problem! All seems to be working correctly now with no issues! Again, my apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.4 KB
 Viewed:  4272 Time(s)

Untitled.png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
davedogcaddy wrote:
Al,

I hope I'm not too late and you haven't already spent time pouring over my log files....I've found my problem.

I do always try to search the forums and google for solutions before wasting everyone's time, but somehow I missed this. I *had* adjusted permissions for the requested files as per the instructional that is posted at the beginning of this thread - but I found this post and adjusting the permissions for these two directories (see attached screenshot) fixed my problem! All seems to be working correctly now with no issues! Again, my apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

Thanks! (No - I had not looked at your logs yet)

I'd forgotten about that posting.

I've been working on a setup.sh script that will hopefully help to get things up and running more easily. I will make sure that those permissions changes are included as well.

Glad to hear you're up and running.

Al
larrycharlesb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
larrycharlesb wrote:
I am new to YAMom, started using it in October. I have just recently noticed that sometimes there are days that don't show any bandwidth activity. See screenshot atached. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and if there are any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks.

I'm not new to YAMon and I've never seen that.

Do the hourly data files for those dates exist (in /opt/YAMon2/data/...)?

Is your router scheduled to reboot at midnight?

Can you PM me your mac_usage... data file and a couple of your hourly data files? I'm perplexed that there is no data showing for today (Nov 11th) because that indicates that it is not just a problem with the monthly usage file.

Please set _loglevel=0 (or perhaps -1) in your config.file (and make sure that _enableLogging=1). Then let the script run for a couple of days (hopefully one which shows no data in the logs ) and then send the logs to me as well.

You will likely have to zip the files before you can attach them to a message.

Al

al_c thanks for your response. I sent you a PM with the files you requested.
davedogcaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Random question:

Now that everything is up and running it made me realize the time on the router itself was set incorrectly, making all my charts off by 6 hours. Rolling Eyes

I've corrected the time setting, and now the router shows the correct time.

My question is, now what? Will YAMon eventually correct itself, or do I need to do something?

Thank you for your time.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
davedogcaddy wrote:
Random question:

Now that everything is up and running it made me realize the time on the router itself was set incorrectly, making all my charts off by 6 hours. Rolling Eyes

I've corrected the time setting, and now the router shows the correct time.

My question is, now what? Will YAMon eventually correct itself, or do I need to do something?

Thank you for your time.

AFAIK, YAMon will self correct. To be safe, you could stop and restart the script. But nothing more than that should be necessary.

Al
davedogcaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are correct. Just figured I'd follow up in case anyone else ran into this. I had to 'turn back' time (on the router) 6 hours to correct it, and for today's hourly totals, it's just 'adding' data in. In other words if YAMon had recorded 2GB of data for device X during hour 18:00 before I adjusted the time, after fixing it once I got to hour 18:00 in real life, it just added another 1GB on top of that for device X, now showing a total of 3GB for device X during hour 18:00.

if that makes any sense at all.

in other words it handled it quite elegantly in spite of my screw up! Very Happy

so the hourly stuff for today won't be quite right (110% MY fault) - but the totals should be fine, and I didn't have to restart the script or anything.

well done sir. Cool
bartekd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone else have an issue where Friday's doesn't record any data? I thought it was weird when Nov 6th showed 0 bytes used, and it just went on the 7th. but now I noticed that the 13th did the same thing. It shows 0 bytes, and just made today's total higher.
Helipil0t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 15:51    Post subject: Database Integration Bug Reply with quote
First off, THANK YOU!!! Thanks for creating this.
This is an amazing little program. I manage a private network that handles 210 devices and this has been invaluable to me thus far.

I'm running the latest YAMon v2.2.0 (Script v2.2.5) on DD-WRT v3.0-r28000M kongac

One little bug that I've noticed though. I have Database Integration enabled and it's working great for the most part. The only problem is, when I edit any of my devices and hit the "Add" button, the list reverts back to local data which seems to be very old. I have to clear my browsers cache and reload the page in order to see the proper changes take affect from the Databse server. This is annoying when having to modify multiple entries.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and make the browser always pull information from the Database server?

As a side note, I thought I read somewhere that even with Database Integration enabled that the local data still gets updated.... in my case it seems as though that's not happening.

Thanks again!

PS.. Will be sending you a donation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 93 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: