Best R6400 Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Author Message
wub901
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 19:34    Post subject: Best R6400 Builds Reply with quote
Hi guys can anyone share which builds either brainslayer or kong which work well on the R6400 please ?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Aug 2013
Posts: 3657
Location: Akershus, Norway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you read the New Build Topics?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

Kong Builds:

Build dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_128K.bin supports:
#################################################
NETGEAR R6400
#################################################

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
wub901
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I have scoured the forums however newer builds have been released I am aware of the links to download the files thanks.
Acumen
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 Nov 2014
Posts: 218

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 13:09    Post subject: Re: Best R6400 Builds Reply with quote
wub901 wrote:
Hi guys can anyone share which builds either brainslayer or kong which work well on the R6400 please ?

Currently running: DD-WRT v3.0-r31520M kongac (03/02/17)

It runs perfectly fine, but since there are some security alerts on FreeRADIUS, OpenVPN and probably other components, I might be upgrading soon, to check if these fixes are included in a new build.

_________________
Netgear WNDR4300v1 DD-WRT v3.0 BS r29837 | Netgear R6400 DD-WRT v3.0 KB r33525M | Tickets: 5429
IPv4 & IPv6-PD | ProFTP & Samba to USB thumb | DNSMasq DHCPv6 | Pi-Hole on RasPi

Found a bug, report it so the it can be fixed: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/
wub901
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 17:01    Post subject: Re: Best R6400 Builds Reply with quote
Acumen wrote:
wub901 wrote:
Hi guys can anyone share which builds either brainslayer or kong which work well on the R6400 please ?

Currently running: DD-WRT v3.0-r31520M kongac (03/02/17)

It runs perfectly fine, but since there are some security alerts on FreeRADIUS, OpenVPN and probably other components, I might be upgrading soon, to check if these fixes are included in a new build.
great I'll try that build the latest build the wifi hangs after a while what are your wifi settings?
Acumen
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 Nov 2014
Posts: 218

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:16    Post subject: Re: Best R6400 Builds Reply with quote
wub901 wrote:
Acumen wrote:
wub901 wrote:
Hi guys can anyone share which builds either brainslayer or kong which work well on the R6400 please ?

Currently running: DD-WRT v3.0-r31520M kongac (03/02/17)

It runs perfectly fine, but since there are some security alerts on FreeRADIUS, OpenVPN and probably other components, I might be upgrading soon, to check if these fixes are included in a new build.
great I'll try that build the latest build the wifi hangs after a while what are your wifi settings?

I use 5Ghz & 2.4 Ghz with a different SSID, authentication is done by the build in FreeRadius (WPA2-Enterprise). Never had an issue with a Kong Build that was caused by the firmware by the way. The latest firmware at the time of my posting runs rock solid since install (that day).

_________________
Netgear WNDR4300v1 DD-WRT v3.0 BS r29837 | Netgear R6400 DD-WRT v3.0 KB r33525M | Tickets: 5429
IPv4 & IPv6-PD | ProFTP & Samba to USB thumb | DNSMasq DHCPv6 | Pi-Hole on RasPi

Found a bug, report it so the it can be fixed: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/
cobrax2
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
what about r6400v2?
thanks
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 4005
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
cobrax2 wrote:
what about r6400v2?
thanks


We have no details regarding the R6400V2, thus no idea.

_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
cobrax2
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
cobrax2 wrote:
what about r6400v2?
thanks


We have no details regarding the R6400V2, thus no idea.

how can i help?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 4005
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
R6400V2 will be supported once we have a unit, it will only be little work, as I just finished porting the R7000P, thus know, that the soc and radios of the R6400V2 are fully supported.
_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
wub901
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
any idea on how to stop tx errors I have samsung s7 on 2.4ghz and asus laptop on 5ghz if either device connects it will cause a tx error but if both are on the band eg 2.4 or 5 then no tx errors .
Dodopek
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Oct 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum