Possible to upgrade r6200 v2 for KRACK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bushant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 17:46    Post subject: Possible to upgrade r6200 v2 for KRACK? Reply with quote
I have R6200 V2 Netgear with firmware noted below in my signature. This firmware was obtained from myopenrouter website I think (it has been a few years). I am wondering if any build with krack fix possibly from: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/11-04-2017-r33679/broadcom/ or elsewhere or newer might be applied?
Attached is from wikidevi. I have no idea how to process this info and no experience whatsoever with Broadcom so please be gentle.

r6200 wikidevi.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.28 KB
 Viewed:  136 Time(s)

r6200 wikidevi.png

I'm trying to teach you to fish, not give you a fish. If you just want a fish, wait for a fisherman who hands them out. I'm more of a fishing instructor.

Atheros:
Netgear WNDR3700v4 .. DD-WRT 35927 AP: Buffalo WZR-hp-ag300h..DD-WRT 35927 AP

Broadcom: Out on loan
Netgear R6200v2 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/14) std - build r24170 AP
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 18:13    Post subject: Re: Possible to upgrade r6200 v2 for KRACK? Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
I have R6200 V2 Netgear with firmware noted below in my signature. This firmware was obtained from myopenrouter website I think (it has been a few years). I am wondering if any build with krack fix possibly from: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/11-04-2017-r33679/broadcom/ or elsewhere or newer might be applied?
Attached is from wikidevi. I have no idea how to process this info and no experience whatsoever with Broadcom so please be gentle.

According to the officially supported devices list, your device is not supported yet:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

You might have to wait until its supported or sell it and get one that is already supported,
bushant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 20:26    Post subject: Re: Possible to upgrade r6200 v2 for KRACK? Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:

According to the officially supported devices list, your device is not supported yet:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

You might have to wait until its supported or sell it and get one that is already supported,

I am fairly sure no more support will ever come for this dinosaur, I think I bought the only one they ever sold Embarassed
Was thinking I might find something similar enough to fixit or brickit. Either is acceptable as I am looking to replace it with R7000P or R7800 when I find one cheap enough (less than $70 US).

I'm trying to teach you to fish, not give you a fish. If you just want a fish, wait for a fisherman who hands them out. I'm more of a fishing instructor.

Atheros:
Netgear WNDR3700v4 .. DD-WRT 35927 AP: Buffalo WZR-hp-ag300h..DD-WRT 35927 AP

Broadcom: Out on loan
Netgear R6200v2 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/14) std - build r24170 AP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: