RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
thetang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
erea wrote:
Has anyone had a problem with the wireless signal going out for a few seconds once every thirty seconds or so?

hey there. I seem to have the same problem and can't really figure out what is going on. It seems like my Nexus 6 and nexus 5 phones cut out after a few minutes with wifi (seems to be both bands). I read a post about four pages back mentioning a firewall setting but I wasn't confident messing with it at the time. Anyone else having problems with wifi? Basically I have to turn the wifi of my phone off and then back on to get it to work again for awhile. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to impact my Nexus 2013 tablet.
Sponsor
raiden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running the r26446 seems pretty good but it seems after about almost a week of not being rebooted, The web interface to the router stops working. The router is still working fine except the web interface stop responding. Also, I've noticed that my routers external IP changes alot more when often after rebooting then the original firmware.
dark79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
thetang wrote:
hey there. I seem to have the same problem and can't really figure out what is going on. It seems like my Nexus 6 and nexus 5 phones cut out after a few minutes with wifi (seems to be both bands). I read a post about four pages back mentioning a firewall setting but I wasn't confident messing with it at the time. Anyone else having problems with wifi? Basically I have to turn the wifi of my phone off and then back on to get it to work again for awhile. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem to impact my Nexus 2013 tablet.

This happens with all my Android devices (Nexus 5, 6, 7-2012, 7-2013, Player) even with stock firmware and Asus-Merlin. Not sure if it's an Android bug or an Asus bug, or both.
Cigaras
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34    Post subject: Multicast/Udpxy Reply with quote
Thanks to tsynik I installed Entware on my AC87U, then using it installed udpxy, executed it, looks like it works, at least the status page, but I have another problem - multicast does not go through my router Sad I have option Multicast Filter disabled, it does not work. As it did work with stock and Merlins firmwares, and it did work on my old D-Lind DIR-300 router running DD-WRT, so it should work with AC87U running DD-WRT. Am I missing some important settings or there is something wrong with BrainSlayers build r26587?

One important note - all my devices are connected over WiFi, no cables and at the moment I can not test if multicast works over cable.

Update: Disabling SPI Firewall did the trick, but why? Is it safe to keep Firewall off?

One more question, when starting udpxy I need to specify the ethernet interface's name, back in stock firmware it was called eth0, but here it does not work, eth1, br0, br1, vlan1, vlan2 also did not work, some help please Smile

Last edited by Cigaras on Tue Mar 31, 2015 13:59; edited 2 times in total
davidcheok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:10    Post subject: RT-AC87U DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/05/15) std - build 26446 Reply with quote
Anyone using this firmware having issues with 5 ghz radio going on and off?

Also, is this the most stable firmware available?
automattic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 18:36    Post subject: Issues with 5GHZ dropping Reply with quote
I was running on DD WRT on my 87U but i found it too unstable a few months ago. I have been running the Asus Merlin as of late.

I've narrowed down the 5ghz issues to Beam forming.
once that is turned off it work perfectly. Haven't tried it on DD WRT yet.

Does the last build seem to be any more stable for those of you who have tried it?
thetang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
dark79 wrote:
thetang wrote:

This happens with all my Android devices (Nexus 5, 6, 7-2012, 7-2013, Player) even with stock firmware and Asus-Merlin. Not sure if it's an Android bug or an Asus bug, or both.

Anyone else with this issue? I don't even know where to begin. What you described is the exact thing that happens and ti's so annoying. Basically after a short time both the wifi and LTE icons have a ! and i have to disable wifi and renable it to get it to work.
raiden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoever is making the asus rt87u firmware, It would be good to import the latest Quantenna firmware from the recently release .4950 asus release as it fixes 5ghz disconnects.

Im currently using the april 1st firmware and so far so good. I have noticed that when flashing the last few firmwares is when the router reboots, the dd-wrt web interface is not accessible until you physically reboot the router.

PS: I have a nexus 5+nexus 6 and I don't have any issues as described.
thetang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
raiden wrote:
Whoever is making the asus rt87u firmware, It would be good to import the latest Quantenna firmware from the recently release .4950 asus release as it fixes 5ghz disconnects.

Im currently using the april 1st firmware and so far so good. I have noticed that when flashing the last few firmwares is when the router reboots, the dd-wrt web interface is not accessible until you physically reboot the router.

PS: I have a nexus 5+nexus 6 and I don't have any issues as described.

Do you have a tmobile variant? I need to switch to ddrt. It's so frustrating this freezing wifi thing. It never happens with the ac wifi network card in my pc.
Haul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
thetang wrote:
Do you have a tmobile variant?

There's only one Nexus 5 and one Nexus 6 in the US, for all carriers. Aside from carrier logos, the hardware is exactly the same regardless of whether you bought it through the Play Store or through a carrier.
thetang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haul wrote:
thetang wrote:
Do you have a tmobile variant?

There's only one Nexus 5 and one Nexus 6 in the US, for all carriers. Aside from carrier logos, the hardware is exactly the same regardless of whether you bought it through the Play Store or through a carrier.

This is almost the case... but they are making slightly different builds for the Nexus 6 (which seems to have a different radio in it) which is why I ask.

I updated manually to: LMY47E
My girlfriend got an OTA version that was LMY47M.

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask if anyone else is having the problem.
locojay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 0:12    Post subject: AC87U can't select channel only 45mbit/s on AC Reply with quote
Hi running,

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/27/15) , ac87 build from ftp beta site.
I unfortunately can't select the wireless channel for the 5GHz interface.
If I try to select beamforming it auto goes back to disable
I tried multiple settings but only get to 45mbit/s under these settings
AC only
VHT 80/80
uper uper

Thanks for helping out
raiden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be *really* useful to display the Quantenna firmware version in the sysinfo or any info page like what the original and merlin firmware show.
cc999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 18:42    Post subject: Most stable release Reply with quote
What is everyone's opinion on the most stable release to date for the RT-AC87?

Also just noticed on the new 4/9 release the RT-AC87u folder is empty..........

CC
davemishsr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30    Post subject: RT-AC87U Beta version r26653 (4-9-15) folder empty! Reply with quote
The folder for the RT-AC87U version r26653 released on 4-9-15 is empty. What's up with that? There is no file for the RT-AC87U r26653? Confused
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: