RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
splatee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
matchqq wrote:
splatee wrote:
matchqq wrote:
I'm unable to choose 5ghz's channel, which only have "Auto" option. I've tried changing around channel bandwidth option but 5ghz channels still don't show up. Currently running r27456. Any help please? Confused

The setting is "auto" you can not change channels.

My settings for 5Ghz are

wireless mode = AP
wireless network mode = AC/N mixed
wireless channel = auto
channel width = vht 80+80
both "beam forming" = disable

It's a bug that the option is only Auto right? In 2.4ghz, I can choose a specific channel to use.

Is choosing VHT 80+80 better than Wide HT40 (20+20 MHZ)? I don't have any AC devices though.

It is a bug, yes. As far as AC devices it shouldn't matter, you can leave it AC/n mixed vht 80+80.
Sponsor
matchqq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
splatee wrote:
matchqq wrote:
splatee wrote:
matchqq wrote:
I'm unable to choose 5ghz's channel, which only have "Auto" option. I've tried changing around channel bandwidth option but 5ghz channels still don't show up. Currently running r27456. Any help please? Confused

The setting is "auto" you can not change channels.

My settings for 5Ghz are

wireless mode = AP
wireless network mode = AC/N mixed
wireless channel = auto
channel width = vht 80+80
both "beam forming" = disable

It's a bug that the option is only Auto right? In 2.4ghz, I can choose a specific channel to use.

Is choosing VHT 80+80 better than Wide HT40 (20+20 MHZ)? I don't have any AC devices though.

It is a bug, yes. As far as AC devices it shouldn't matter, you can leave it AC/n mixed vht 80+80.

Thank you! Smile
RejZoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jesus, can someone program the damn LED Off switch already on this router? That purple LED is driving me insane. And why is it purple in the first place!? Originally it was blue like the rest...
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
RejZoR wrote:
Jesus, can someone program the damn LED Off switch already on this router? That purple LED is driving me insane. And why is it purple in the first place!? Originally it was blue like the rest...

This is the best solution for now,good to have some for other stuff also Wink

http://www.lightdims.com
koegs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there an alternate download source for r27456. The DD-WRT download server seems to be down.
DyyD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Servers are back up. Tested this latest beta firmware. Working good, exept...

What would be the maximun tx power I could use?

I've noticed that 5ghz cpu was allways at 60 celsius, so I started to rise 2.4ghz tx power. I'm now at 100, and temperature is still at 43 celsius.

Thanks! dd-wrt roxx Smile
Mr.R™
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm at 300mv for both 2.4 and 5ghz, i've had no errors on rx or tx at this setting, afaik 300mv is what it runs at when it's set at 100% in orig/merlin firmware so it should be fine Smile
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.R™ wrote:
I'm at 300mv for both 2.4 and 5ghz, i've had no errors on rx or tx at this setting, afaik 300mv is what it runs at when it's set at 100% in orig/merlin firmware so it should be fine Smile

Just out of curiosity, where did you read or get that these run at 300mv, I have searched high and low and only came up with a few conversations that say ~110mv-150mv and even at that I am not sure they knew?

I am now at 110mv and it seems this is the same coverage, from what I have read anything over 150 may cause damage to the router in the long haul, but nobody knew any facts on that just speculation.

In my tests anything below 100mv does test weaker than Asus firmware, but 100-110 seems the same so far.

I have also read on someone testing on a different brand router (older article), he states his was normally ~40mv out of the box and he increased to 150mv and he sees double the download and no more interference that lots state will happen when increased.
icon_x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to change from VHT(80+80) to WideHT(20+20) in order for N devices (5ghz) to access the internet. The devices had no problem connecting to the router itself. So far this is the only problem I have run into (just installed 1 day ago)

Build 27506.
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
icon_x wrote:
I had to change from VHT(80+80) to WideHT(20+20) in order for N devices (5ghz) to access the internet. The devices had no problem connecting to the router itself. So far this is the only problem I have run into (just installed 1 day ago)

Build 27506.

I had that problem also and I re-flashed this way, after it is still working great, with 80x80

use the web GUI.
a) Go to "Administration" Tab
b) Click on the "Firmware Upgrade" Tab
c) In the "After flashing, reset to" choose "Reset to Default Settings"
d) In "Please select a file to upgrade" Click "Choose File" (same version)
e) Click "Upgrade"
Mr.R™
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
dfran1 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, where did you read or get that these run at 300mv, I have searched high and low and only came up with a few conversations that say ~110mv-150mv and even at that I am not sure they knew?

I am now at 110mv and it seems this is the same coverage, from what I have read anything over 150 may cause damage to the router in the long haul, but nobody knew any facts on that just speculation.

In my tests anything below 100mv does test weaker than Asus firmware, but 100-110 seems the same so far.

I have also read on someone testing on a different brand router (older article), he states his was normally ~40mv out of the box and he increased to 150mv and he sees double the download and no more interference that lots state will happen when increased.

I too did some research trying to find what the safest max setting was and i stumbled across a post in a merlin thread (It wasn't this one but it states the same in post 1249 as i found in whatever thread it was that i stumbled accross: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/%5Bmaylyns-review%5D-asus-rt-ac87u-4781419-84.html) that states that having the tx power slider at 100% in merlin fw equals 316mv. I've had both 2.4 and 5Ghz running at just over that for a month now and i've had no errors of any kind and have seen a slight improvement, i couldn't get a signal upstairs in my home (walls/floors are concrete) but now i can.

Older routers did have a lower tx rating, my old d-link 615 error'd above 85 and my asus n66u error'd above 200 but newer routers do have a higher rating i've found Smile

EDIT:

dfran1 wrote:

This is the best solution for now,good to have some for other stuff also Wink

http://www.lightdims.com

What a clever way of re marketing what duct tape has done for me for years lol
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.R™
Thank you for the info, I am verifying with that person, I only want to make sure before I try it and damage my router, I will let you know my findings. Confused

The problem with duct tape is it leaves sticky residue that can come off, and those others peal off easy, and are cut into perfect round shapes.
I used to use black tape before these. Wink
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I caved in and turned it up to 300mv also, so far wifi is great, but it did increase my heat on the 5 GHz from 60 to 65 and I have a fan under it, but it is still better than stock firmware without a fan, that I think ran at ~75.
Also the 2.4 went up but only by 2.

EDIT:
I was streaming a movie, now that I stopped streaming my temps are back to normal.
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats the benefit of DD-WRT on this router over the stock firmware? i was told that stock was pretty good and there was no need to flash with DD-WRT.
guiguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
b-man wrote:
whats the benefit of DD-WRT on this router over the stock firmware? i was told that stock was pretty good and there was no need to flash with DD-WRT.

In my case, VPN server and port based vlan which unfortunately I have not been able to get working.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: