D-Link DIR-880L

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 22:41    Post subject: Re: Big release Reply with quote
slimbig wrote:
I downloaded and flashed the release available on router db, it is a mini release, is there a big release maybe? I need NTFS support

Thank you

If you have been using dd-wr for years, then you know how this works.
Read the announcements at the top of this forum. Look for info on the router database.
Then the files for your router are hereftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/04-09-2015-r26653/dlink-dir880l/

Notice my link a few posts up?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi

Thank you for replying and for the URL, you are right, I should have read the announcement first, I am new to the forum I did not follow a rule and therefor I apologize, I did not flash the web image and that is why I had mini release, I just flashed the web image and the features there are amazing I should donate some $ as an appreciation of your hard work

Thank you again
MisterD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
How did you go back to factory firmware?

StephenM wrote:
I would be interested to hear whether your 5Ghz wireless throughput is impacted after installation.
I tried this out a couple of weeks ago and throughput was poor compared to stock (around 40Mbps).
I'd made sure I'd done the 30-30-30 reset.
I went back to the (very limited) stock firmware and my throughout was restored.
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to know how he done it as well

MisterD wrote:

StephenM wrote:
I would be interested to hear whether your 5Ghz wireless throughput is impacted after installation.
I tried this out a couple of weeks ago and throughput was poor compared to stock (around 40Mbps).
I went back to the (very limited) stock firmware and my throughout was restored.
MisterD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taken from the D-Link forums: (will try it later)
1. Plug the Ethernet cable that connects your computer, that was plugged into one of the LAN ports,
2. Setup your PC with static IP - ex: 192.168.0.2 (different from 192.168.0.1)
3. Make sure the PC has the new firmware
4. Unplug the power
5. Hold the reset button for 3~5 seconds and re plug the power WITHOUT RELEASING THE RESET BUTTON.
6.Open a web browser to 192.168.0.1 and then you should see EMERGENCY FLASHING page then click browse/upload locate the file and click UPLOAD FIRMWARE NOW

7. You should see a SUCCSESS page, If you don’t then re do steps 2-6

slimbig wrote:
I would like to know how he done it as well

MisterD wrote:

StephenM wrote:
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you that is good to know, please post results when possible thanks again
MisterD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK...it works!!
Use the new 1.03FB firmware.....which also contains the fix for QoS with AC clients.

1. Plug the Ethernet cable that connects your computer, that was plugged into one of the LAN ports,
2. Setup your PC with static IP - i.e.: 192.168.0.2 (different from 192.168.0.1)
4. Turn off the router (use the power button)
5. Hold the reset button for 3~5 seconds and re plug the power WITHOUT RELEASING THE RESET BUTTON.
The power LED will flash red slowly to indicate the router is in recovery mode.
6.Open a web browser to 192.168.0.1 (be patient....it can take 5 minutes for the web interface to become available) and then you should see EMERGENCY FLASHING page then click browse/upload locate the file and click UPLOAD FIRMWARE NOW

After flashing let the router boot up.....now hold the reset button until the power LED goes red and let the unit reboot with a clear config.
Now use your web browser and configure the unit as if it was new.
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is good news, thank you sir

MisterD wrote:
OK...it works!!
Use the new 1.03FB firmware.....which also contains the fix for QoS with AC clients.

2. Setup your PC with static IP - i.e.: 192.168.0.2 (different from 192.168.0.1)
4. Turn off the router (use the power button)
The power LED will flash red slowly to indicate the router is in recovery mode.
6.Open a web browser to 192.168.0.1 (be patient....it can take 5 minutes for the web interface to become available) and then you should see EMERGENCY FLASHING page then click browse/upload locate the file and click UPLOAD FIRMWARE NOW

After flashing let the router boot up.....now hold the reset button until the power LED goes red and let the unit reboot with a clear config.
Now use your web browser and configure the unit as if it was new.
MisterD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now I know how to restore factory I'm happy to retest but the wireless is desperately in need of fixing.
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been trying to tell them that with no use, which got me frustrated with DD-WRT and re-thought using it, now I know that all of the DD-WRT routers I use will not get any sort of support even if it is a major issue like this one

MisterD wrote:
Now I know how to restore factory I'm happy to retest but the wireless is desperately in need of fixing.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to try to go back to stock tomorrow with these steps. Glad it can be done. I tried conventional ways and it always booted DD-WRT again. I pay for 80 Mbps and get almost 100 with stock from 30ft away. I was getting 25Mbps standing next to the router and 4-5 from 30ft. Terrible...
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
slimbig wrote:
I have been trying to tell them that with no use, which got me frustrated with DD-WRT and re-thought using it, now I know that all of the DD-WRT routers I use will not get any sort of support even if it is a major issue like this one

MisterD wrote:

The problem is 90% of the ports are done by one developer (BrainSlayer), because he is the only one that has the hw. Thus a lot of the ports are quickly done without checking things like signal etc. and the same applies to bugreports, most of the bug reports are hw specific no hardware, no bugfixing.

Choose a Netgear and the chances are great, that it will work fine with DD-WRT.

D-Link obviously was a bad choice, even if they have an agreement with NewMedia.Net:-)
slimbig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any chance of BrainSlayer fixing the DIR-880L wireless? I figured that I made a bad decision with the D-Link but it is already paid for

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
slimbig wrote:

MisterD wrote:

The problem is 90% of the ports are done by one developer (BrainSlayer), because he is the only one that has the hw. Thus a lot of the ports are quickly done without checking things like signal etc. and the same applies to bugreports, most of the bug reports are hw specific no hardware, no bugfixing.

Choose a Netgear and the chances are great, that it will work fine with DD-WRT.

D-Link obviously was a bad choice, even if they have an agreement with NewMedia.Net:-)

Thanks Kong, so would there be any modifications you'd recommend that us end users could make that would get the performance levels in line with stock? Right now I have a toss up between speed or my VPN!

Cheers!
okgnew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 21:06    Post subject: PPTP WAN Reply with quote
anyone got PPTP WAN working on D-Link 880l?
I'm using the latest build (05-19-2015-r26947) and PPTP WAN does not work.
It does not shown any error in the log just the below lines repeated every few seconds:
pppd[xxx]: pppd started by root, uid 0
pppd[xxx]: Exit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: