D-Link DIR-880L

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
mofast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
daithi.coyle wrote:
I just got an 880-L. Set it up but the QOS engine is lacking to say the least. When I open the router settings page it says "HW:A2 FW:1.08WW".

I'm running Plex Media Server and SABnzbd on the same machine. Sometimes if it starts to download a new file the video I'm watching stutters and I have to throttle SAB manually. Will dd-wrt allow me to throttle SAB automatically on this router?

If it will, I've read the past few pages of this thread but everyone talks about A1 - are there any dd-wrt versions confirmed to work on A2? There's a post mentioning the brick risk was fixed after 34311 so should I just choose the latest beta from here?

Then, in a nutshell, just 30/30/30, flash factory to ddwrt, wait until the lights all come on, 30/30/30, flash full bin, wait until the lights all come on, 30/30/30 again and presto?

I have a version A2 and am running 34929. I also ran kong's 34800m which seemed to run well also. I would not do the 30/30/30 reset because it just puts this router into firmware recovery mode. Firmware recovery mode is how you can go back to stock firmware if you decide to. If you hold the reset for more than 6 seconds with router powered on it goes to firm rec mode and you will see the power led flash on and off at a slow rate. Then you go to 192.168.0.1 to flash recovery firmware.

To flash dd-wrt I just held the reset till it rebooted ~ 2-4 sec. Then flashed 'factory-to-ddwrt', reset then flashed full version 'dir880-webflash.bin'. Remember after flashing dd-wrt it's default ip is 192.168.1.1.

As far as your throttling issues with SAB, I have no idea.
Sponsor
daithi.coyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok thanks. It's a bit intimidating - whenever I flash a rom on a phone I at least have a backup phone but I don't have a backup router...
daithi.coyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wrestled with this for so long and I just could not get it to work.

Got to a point where DD-WRT was loading at 192.168.1.1 but I just could not connect to the internet. Windows troubleshooter was always throwing me DNS errors (could not find/resolve)

Pulling my hair out so I put the router in recovery mode and now I'm back on the OG firmware.

OG firmware works right out of the box again. There's no configuring required. I can't understand where I went wrong at all. There's so many settings in DD-WRT I'm not even sure which ones are relevant to me.
mofast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm no guru. I have Comcast and default settings usually get me connected to the internet. Most settings should be on the 'basic setup' tab. Then on 'advanced routing' tab make sure operating mode is set to 'gateway' which should be default setting.

I did go to the 'administration' tab and restored factory default settings after flashing. Not sure if that would make any difference. I guess I should have mentioned that.
mofast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
One more thought. If you were manually assigning your computer an ip address like 192.168.1.5 so you could access the router. After setting up the router you would need to set your computer back to obtain an ip address automatically and obtain dns server address automatically or you would not get internet connection.
daithi.coyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so I tried again. I'm not entirely sure what I did but it's working now!

A few things I tried, not sure how many of them were relevant:
Used Win 10's reset all network settings and removed a TAP from device manager from an old PIA install.
Disabled/Reenabled DHCP server; this disabled DNSMasq as well
Used the same values for Static DNS 2 & 3
Hit both save and apply settings instead of just apply (if it was this I feel really dumb)
I also did the whole process with the modem disconnected and power cycled it at the end.

Reenabling DNSMasq means my android devices can't get an IP address so it's disabled right now

Going to bed now because it's 1am but at least I have something to play with tomorrow - 1 setting at a time of course!
mofast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is my setup for Comcast. I have 3 android devices and all connect without issue. I'm not an expert on dns settings but I've never had to enter any. Obviously you can set the router IP to whatever you want.

Screenshot-2018-2-27 DIR-880L (build 34929) - Setup.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.18 KB
 Viewed:  11189 Time(s)

Screenshot-2018-2-27 DIR-880L (build 34929) - Setup.png

khulit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
mofast wrote:

To flash dd-wrt I just held the reset till it rebooted ~ 2-4 sec. Then flashed 'factory-to-ddwrt', reset then flashed full version 'dir880-webflash.bin'. Remember after flashing dd-wrt it's default ip is 192.168.1.1.

As far as your throttling issues with SAB, I have no idea.

I've tried this, used the "factory-to-ddwrt" and was able to successfully flash it, and it showed the DD-WRT screen, I tried upgrading to "dir880-webflash.bin' from the upgrade firmware page of DD-WRT but it just crashes... so I flashed it from TFTP and it did flash...

My question is, does the firmware upgrade page working from the DD-WRT or that is not the way to update to a newer firmware anymore (i.e. I'll have to use TFTP all the time)?
skyeguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
daithi.coyle wrote:
I wrestled with this for so long and I just could not get it to work.

Got to a point where DD-WRT was loading at 192.168.1.1 but I just could not connect to the internet. Windows troubleshooter was always throwing me DNS errors (could not find/resolve)...

daithi.coyle wrote:
Ok, so I tried again. I'm not entirely sure what I did but it's working now!

I also did the whole process with the modem disconnected and power cycled it at the end.

I had the same problem and all I had to do was power cycle my modem (and router?) to fix my DNS error. Worked perfectly after that.
marteline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:41    Post subject: USB Poblems Reply with quote
So, I reach a nasty problem....

no matter what disk or flashdrive I use as NAS, after few minutes it stop work...

I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r34311 std, but I tried several other versions.... I can't figure out the problem....

I am currently using a ssd, ext4.... but I also tried a pendrive and ntfs system....

This is the transmission log:

Code:
Jun 28 07:15:29 DIR-880L daemon.err transmission-daemon[12433]: watchdir Failed to open directory "//mnt/sda1/TORRENT/ADDTORRENT/" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)

what should I do?
BorednLazy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56    Post subject: 2.4ghz issues Reply with quote
I seem to be having problems with the 2.4ghz radio.
When I start it, it works great. but after a few hours, it continuously disconnects and reconnects on my iphone and rejects connections on my laptop.

For example, when it happens on my iphone, it connects, disconnects repeatedly. And during the ~1-2 second interval that it is connected, It does allow me to connect to internet and ddwrt web interface. This problem lasts for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour before it starts working properly again. I have no idea why.

I've tried multiple firmwares. r30432, 2 from quarkysg's build, r34311, r34929, r35244. On 2 different 880L in 2 different locations. problem still exists. The most stable was 34929 where it would last 8 hours before it occurred. And for some reason, this only happens to normal clients. It didnt happen to a repeater bridge that i connected to it, which stayed connected for 8 continuous days.
But 34929 has performance issues because the 35244 is 2-3 times faster on 2.4ghz when used as a repeater.

My setup - 5ghz is disabled for testing purposes

5ghz under 34929 works perfectly and without problems. I did not test under 35244 yet
sierratango
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 19:36    Post subject: Re: 2.4ghz issues Reply with quote
BorednLazy wrote:
I seem to be having problems with the 2.4ghz radio.
When I start it, it works great. but after a few hours, it continuously disconnects and reconnects on my iphone and rejects connections on my laptop.

Recent builds for DIR868 and DIR880 are broken. I have been facing the same problems. I have just stuck to 34311, which is running quite stable but has the occasional issue where the 2.4ghz disappears from the web interface, even though it still broadcasts and clients connect just fine.
paszczak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so anyone has tested some newer builds for DIR-880L, which will work stable?
I'm still on r34411 std (01/07/1Cool which seems to work fine on rev.A1 - stable, uptime 22 days.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28    Post subject: Does network filtering work for your stable versions? Reply with quote
I upgraded to latest one. Aug - 9/2018, and when I try to set the filter to deny MAC address to one PC it deny it for everyone on my network.

Trying to set a internet curfew so to speak.
reader-uk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
paszczak wrote:
Ok, so anyone has tested some newer builds for DIR-880L, which will work stable?
I'm still on r34411 std (01/07/1Cool which seems to work fine on rev.A1 - stable, uptime 22 days.

Hello,

I'm running my 880L on below - 69 days and counting...

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36079 std (06/01/18 )
Time: 15:17:36 up 69 days, 4:50, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

Received (RX)
100%43607744 OK, 86 errors
Transmitted (TX)
100%55309688 OK, 183 errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: